PDA

View Full Version : A recent Rib-Eye Steak Dinner I prepared

-Cp
08-29-2007, 06:53 PM
It was my wife's Birthday, recently and she wanted a Rib-Eye steak, so this is what I made her:

Bone-in Rib-Eye from our butcher (www.dougsqualitymeats.com) heavily seasoned with Kosher Salt and a medium-coarse pepper – Grilled to medium rare.

Sautéed Crimini Mushrooms in Butter and garlic with fresh rosemary tossed in at the end.

Blanched then grilled Asparagus seasoned with kosher salt and butter.

The potatoes I make are what I refer to as “Baked Mashed Potatoes” where I make whipped potatoes using Milk, Heavy Cream, Butter, rendered bacon (from the butcher) broken into bits, sour cream, salt, pepper and fresh Chives.. basically everything you’d like on a baked potato in a whipped/mashed format… next time I’m going to include roasted garlic in them as well - after all the garlic would make em' healthy! lol

http://imagehostingsite.com/images/utvdljzznjqondlgxnr5.jpg

JohnDoe
08-29-2007, 07:09 PM
I love to cook! Are you a gourmet chef? your meals have been scrumtious, at least the two i read on this site!

jd

nevadamedic
08-29-2007, 07:13 PM
We need to start a -Cp's food poisoning forum.

-Cp
08-29-2007, 07:15 PM
I love to cook! Are you a gourmet chef? your meals have been scrumtious, at least the two i read on this site!

jd

I started cooking about 5yrs ago and got the bug from a combination of business travel (eating at fine dining places) and the freakin' FoodNetwork...

I have worked briefly as a wine-rep but have been cooking non-professionally for about 5 years, doing food/wine dinners for friends and family.

I'm a noob by any strech.

My passion is food and wine - when asked often by folks "Why don't you start your own restaurant" - I tell them "I'm worried if I did, that I'd no longer enjoy cooking as then it'd become a job"....

JohnDoe
08-29-2007, 07:45 PM
I started cooking about 5yrs ago and got the bug from a combination of business travel (eating at fine dining places) and the freakin' FoodNetwork...

I have worked briefly as a wine-rep but have been cooking non-professionally for about 5 years, doing food/wine dinners for friends and family.

I'm a noob by any strech.

My passion is food and wine - when asked often by folks "Why don't you start your own restaurant" - I tell them "I'm worried if I did, that I'd no longer enjoy cooking as then it'd become a job"....Me too! I 've been fortunate enough to travel a great deal and in my opinion, have eaten at some of the finest restaurants in the world....and i too have been told that i should open a restaurant but i too would be afraid that it would no longer be a love!