PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi Warns GOP: Dem POTUS Could Declare Emergency for Gun Control

jimnyc
02-14-2019, 10:12 PM
Pelosi Warns GOP: Dem POTUS Could Declare Emergency for Gun Control

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) warned Republicans on Thursday that they should worry about the “threshold that they are crossing” by supporting President Donald Trump’s expected declaration of a national emergency at the border because it could open the door to future Democrats in the White House declaring a national emergency on issues like gun control.

With Trump expected to sign a spending bill to keep the government open and declare a national emergency to get more funding for his border wall, Pelosi said Republicans “have some unease about it no matter what they say” because “if the president can declare an emergency on something that he has created as an emergency, an illusion that he wants to convey, just think of what a president with much different values can present to the American people.”

Pelosi said she is not advocating presidents doing an “end run around Congress,” but warned that a “Democratic president can” declare national emergencies as well on issues like gun control, and “the precedent that the president is setting is something that should be met with great unease and dismay by the Republicans.”

“You want to talk about a national emergency? Let’s talk about today—the one-year anniversary of another manifestation of the epidemic of gun violence in America. That’s a national emergency,” Pelosi said, in reference to the one-year anniversary of the Parkland shooting. “Why don’t you declare that a national emergency, Mr. President? I wish you would.”

She emphasized that Republicans should “have some dismay about the door that they are opening, the threshold that they are crossing” with Trump’s expected declaration of a national emergency at the border.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/02/14/pelosi-warns-gop-dem-potus-could-declare-emergency-for-gun-control/

aboutime
02-14-2019, 10:39 PM
We were discussing whether Trump should declare Emergency, and I said then..."It will also create a precedent that a future....DEMOCRAT-GUN HATER could also use to Declare an Emergency against GUNS...not only the 2nd amendment.

Now that Trump has been pushed into a corner with this. I'm glad he's gonna do it.

But...as THE WICKED WITCH PELOSI said...It could come back to HURT US ALL.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-14-2019, 10:56 PM
Go ahead... let some dem president declare a national emergency AGAINST the SECOND AMENDMENT to the CONSTITUTION. Let's just get this second civil war going... that ought to do it.

Elessar
02-15-2019, 02:12 AM
Pilosi is a fool. She just does not realize how big of one she is being.

darin
02-15-2019, 04:03 AM
μολών λαβέ

KarlMarx
02-15-2019, 05:13 AM
If the Democrats would have negotiated in good faith, we wouldn’t be talking National Emergencies, now would we Nancy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-15-2019, 07:08 AM
If the Democrats would have negotiated in good faith, we wouldn’t be talking National Emergencies, now would we Nancy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TREACHERY, DECEIT, CORRUPTION are hallmarks of the Dem party.
They never negotiate in good faith- NEVER!
Not a single politician their traitorous leftist/liberal/marxist party has even an ounce of honor, IMHO.
ffing snakes, all of them- firmly in league with their dark lord/master. -Tyr

STTAB
02-15-2019, 10:02 AM
This is seriously going to come to a head one day folks.

We have GOT to get rid of these politicians on BOTH sides who don't give a shit about the American people. Building a fucking fence that has been approved by Congress multiple times but not built is not the same thing as fucking gun control.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-15-2019, 10:40 AM
DEMOCRAT LOGIC:

Securing our nations border to get illegal immigration, drug flow, human trafficking, gangs, etc, under control --- UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Declaring a national emergency against RIGHTS LEGALLY GUARANTEED the LEGAL citizens of America --- CONSTITUTIONAL.

No one but a DEMOCRAT could be that RETARDED. Your brain has to be absolutely FUCKED UP, WIRED IN REVERSE, TWISTED.

STTAB
02-15-2019, 10:43 AM
DEMOCRAT LOGIC:

Securing our nations border to get illegal immigration, drug flow, human trafficking, gangs, etc, under control --- UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Declaring a national emergency against RIGHTS LEGALLY GUARANTEED the LEGAL citizens of America --- CONSTITUTIONAL.

No one but a DEMOCRAT could be that RETARDED. Your brain has be absolutely FUCKED UP, WIRED IN REVERSE, TWISTED.

Personally I believe it is time to declared that the DNC is a domestic terror organization. Sadly I'm not joking. They hate this country and everything we stand for.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-15-2019, 10:47 AM
Personally I believe it is time to declared that the DNC is a domestic terror organization. Sadly I'm not joking. They hate this country and everything we stand for.
I actually agree with that. For all intents and appearance, EVERYTHING the democrat party does is ANTI American, and some of their parties new members are OPENLY anti American with their HATE on display for everyone to see, not to mention the blatant CORRUPTION. 50 years ago these people would have been ARRESTED for SEDITION or TREASON.