PDA

View Full Version : Would You Put Yourself In Harms Way To Save Someone Else?

nevadamedic
08-29-2007, 09:40 PM
What do you think? Would you put your life at risk to save someone else? What if you saw someone being assaulted or in another lifethreatening situation, would you step in knowing you might get seriously hurt or even killed?

If not why?

82Marine89
08-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Heroes can be found at the deli. Quit trying to pimp yourself. We still don't like you.

gabosaurus
08-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Not unless it was my family or a very close friend.

nevadamedic
08-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Heroes can be found at the deli. Quit trying to pimp yourself. We still don't like you.

Like I care if white trash like you likes me. :laugh2: Your such a POS quit trying to kill threads.

82Marine89
08-30-2007, 12:35 AM
Like I care if white trash like you likes me. :laugh2: Your such a POS quit trying to kill threads.

You're a dumbfuck. Look at how many veterans you have on this forum and you go ask a dumb question like that. I also think it is pretty hilarious that some guy that collects welfare and likes watching TV shows about 14 y/o girls calls me white trash.

Gaffer
08-30-2007, 06:35 AM
In most cases my answer would be yes. However. There are some I would throw a brick too if drowning. Knowledge of the person in danger can spur my action or lack of action.

An example, jesse jackson getting the shit beat out of him would definitely be a watch and do nothing event. :popcorn:

Some guy on the street would definitely get my assistance.

retiredman
08-30-2007, 07:17 AM
unequivocably, yes.

remie
08-30-2007, 07:33 AM
I think that usually it is a reaction to a situation rather than a conscious effort, with the exception of those in the military. They have made a conscious decision to put their life on the line when they signed up. For the rest, its a matter of whether the "fight" or "flight" mode kicks in during an emergency.

glockmail
08-30-2007, 07:58 AM
CCW:coffee:

jimnyc
08-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Can't answer without being in a specific situation.

If it were to defend a family member - yes.

If it were 2 thugs on the street and one pulled a gun on the other, I'd be saying goodbye to a thug! If it were a thug trying to rob an old woman, I'd probably intervene unless he had an Uzi.

If someone were attempting to hurt an animal and I saw them, they are dead.

darin
08-30-2007, 02:36 PM
I hope so. I hope I wouldn't choke. The closest i've got so far was to crawl under an over-turned truck and extract the driver. No flames or anything.

jimnyc
08-30-2007, 02:39 PM
I hope so. I hope I wouldn't choke. The closest i've got so far was to crawl under an over-turned truck and extract the driver. No flames or anything.

No flames? Did you get pictures first at least then?

darin
08-30-2007, 02:42 PM
No flames? Did you get pictures first at least then?

naw - his forehead skin was peeled back though. And he was delirious. Sparks from the batteries a time or two...that's it.

jimnyc
08-30-2007, 02:46 PM
his forehead skin was peeled back though.

Dude, what were you thinking? That would have been some awesome pics!

Abbey Marie
08-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Can't answer without being in a specific situation.

If it were to defend a family member - yes.

If it were 2 thugs on the street and one pulled a gun on the other, I'd be saying goodbye to a thug! If it were a thug trying to rob an old woman, I'd probably intervene unless he had an Uzi.

If someone were attempting to hurt an animal and I saw them, they are dead.

How could you not love this guy? http://www.websmileys.com/sm/love/250.gif

nevadamedic
08-30-2007, 03:01 PM
I think that usually it is a reaction to a situation rather than a conscious effort, with the exception of those in the military. They have made a conscious decision to put their life on the line when they signed up. For the rest, its a matter of whether the "fight" or "flight" mode kicks in during an emergency.

The fight mode always kicks in with me. Adrenaline gets flowing and im there. I will help anyone in almost any situation.

Nukeman
08-30-2007, 04:15 PM
The fight mode always kicks in with me. Adrenaline gets flowing and im there. I will help anyone in almost any situation.
"Lighten up Frances" :drillsarge: :wank2:

Angel Heart
08-30-2007, 04:19 PM
I like to think I would but until put in that spot you never know what you'll do.

nevadamedic
08-30-2007, 04:29 PM
"Lighten up Frances" :drillsarge: :wank2:

You sure spank it a lot you need to get a woman.

Nukeman
08-31-2007, 06:24 AM

Ummmmm no I dont, I have the most wonderful woman in the world thank you very much. She is not only beautiful but very intelligent as well.....

jimnyc
08-31-2007, 06:26 AM

That's what I keep telling myself!

jackass
08-31-2007, 06:28 AM
Ummmmm no I dont, I have the most wonderful woman in the world thank you very much. She is not only buetiful but very intelligent as well.....

What the hell does that have to do with spanking it???? :laugh2:

08-31-2007, 06:29 AM
no clue what id do. I would hope that the answer would be yes. but ive never been in that situation and with luck never will be.

Nukeman
08-31-2007, 06:31 AM
Keeps me from having to do that!!!!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::dance:

jimnyc
08-31-2007, 06:32 AM

Exactly my thoughts, Charles! You have a great woman, she's intelligent, but what do you do when she goes to work the next day? That's right, conjure up a few memories of the night before and re-live it! :)

Nukeman
08-31-2007, 06:34 AM
Exactly my thoughts, Charles! You have a great woman, she's intelligent, but what do you do when she goes to work the next day? That's right, conjure up a few memories of the night before and re-live it! :)Un ortunately I'm at work before she is!!!!! Dont have time in the morning...... Gotta be at work by 6:00 and I have a 40 min drive....:cheers2:

jackass
08-31-2007, 01:50 PM
Un ortunately I'm at work before she is!!!!! Dont have time in the morning...... Gotta be at work by 6:00 and I have a 40 min drive....:cheers2:

Geez you get to sleep in!! I have to be at work at 4 am. Besides it gives you time for that in the afternoon! :)

Mr. P
08-31-2007, 02:54 PM
CCW:coffee:

Hollow point?

nevadamedic
08-31-2007, 02:56 PM
That's what I keep telling myself!

I thought your married?

nevadamedic
08-31-2007, 02:58 PM
no clue what id do. I would hope that the answer would be yes. but ive never been in that situation and with luck never will be.

Ive gotten a good feel for who you are and I think you are the type of person who would do anything to try and save someone else.

OCA
08-31-2007, 02:59 PM
What do you think? Would you put your life at risk to save someone else? What if you saw someone being assaulted or in another lifethreatening situation, would you step in knowing you might get seriously hurt or even killed?

If not why?

Why didn't you put yourself in harms way or any other way in order to protect your daughter?

nevadamedic
08-31-2007, 03:03 PM
Why didn't you put yourself in harms way or any other way in order to protect your daughter?

How in the fuck was I supposed to do that? I didn't know it was going on, but I plan on it when he gets out of jail.

Guernicaa
08-31-2007, 03:06 PM
How in the fuck was I supposed to do that? I didn't know it was going on, but I plan on it when he gets out of jail.
You have kids?
How nice.

glockmail
08-31-2007, 03:12 PM
Geezer OCA that's harsh. Don't go over that line, please.

glockmail
08-31-2007, 03:13 PM
You have kids?
thats fucked up man. No wonder you've got 1000 neg points. You're a douche-bag.

Guernicaa
08-31-2007, 03:17 PM
thats fucked up man. No wonder you've got 1000 neg points. You're a douche-bag.
No, whats fucked up is Nevadas brain.

nevadamedic
08-31-2007, 03:19 PM
You have no right posting my picture on here. WHat the fuck are you doing with it anyways you sick bastard. You probably drop your little dora the explorer panties and beat to omy picture you sick freak.

darin
08-31-2007, 03:21 PM
Couple of things - Obama? You're done in this thread. OCA? C'mon man. Really. This is NOT the cage. NM? You can be JUST as vulgar as those two. Stop feeding them. You and OCA are out, too.

glockmail
08-31-2007, 03:23 PM
You have no right posting my picture on here. WHat the fuck are you doing with it anyways you sick bastard. You probably drop your little dora the explorer panties and beat to omy picture you sick freak. Is that really you?

darin
08-31-2007, 03:27 PM
I think that was on his MySpace, IIRC. Somebody else added the text

glockmail
08-31-2007, 03:30 PM
I think that was on his MySpace, IIRC. Somebody else added the text
You mean he doesn't have a shirt that says that? Crappy photoshop work.

darin
08-31-2007, 03:34 PM
You mean he doesn't have a shirt that says that? Crappy photoshop work.

Yeah - looked real to me.

:p

:D

Trigg
08-31-2007, 04:17 PM

If not why?

I came running around a corner with a shovel to help my husband one time because I thought he was loosing a fight.

Turns out it was the other guy whos head was hitting the fence. He was a big sucker too a good 5 inches taller and 70 pounds heavier.

I was 7 months pregnant at the time so I wouldn't have been any help. Maybe the guy would have fallen over in shock??? I wasn't thinking straight obviously.

glockmail
08-31-2007, 05:00 PM
I came running around a corner with a shovel to help my husband one time because I thought he was loosing a fight.

Turns out it was the other guy whos head was hitting the fence. He was a big sucker too a good 5 inches taller and 70 pounds heavier.

I was 7 months pregnant at the time so I wouldn't have been any help. Maybe the guy would have fallen over in shock??? I wasn't thinking straight obviously.

Looks like I won't be messin' with either one of you. :coffee:

Yurt
08-31-2007, 05:56 PM
I was helping the paralegal to her car yesterday and turned around to go to my car, she screamed: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I immediately put up my "dukes" and turned to face the situation with only one thought: I will protect her (she has two lovely children 4 months, 2 years and I love her dearly).

Well, when I turned and shouted HEEEEEEEEEEY. With my "dukes" up. She was swatting a bumble bee away from her.

But I was ready.

:D

Trigg
08-31-2007, 08:20 PM
Looks like I won't be messin' with either one of you. :coffee:

Just goes to show, you never mess with a pregnant womans family.:cool:

actsnoblemartin
09-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Iwould, help someone, because its morally the right thing to do.

If not why?

Dont take a dump on his happiness man, this is his thread, if you dont like, dont let the door hit your ass on the way our my friend.