PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi: Declare Gun Violence a 'National Emergency' ...

jimnyc
02-15-2019, 06:18 PM
Suicides. War. Gang violence. Police shootings. Homicides

Go ahead, screwy Nancy, it won't hold up in court. The overwhelming majority of gun deaths aren't from homicides. The number is truly very very low. The 2nd won't go away due to this. But if many on the left try and take away rights as a result, the jobs may go away!! :laugh:

I knew they/she would of course go with this right off the bat. At least be realistic and don't waste a TON of taxpayer money.

Getting funding and taking away rights - two different things here!

---

Pelosi: Declare Gun Violence a 'National Emergency' Because of 'Consistent Loss of Life'

WASHINGTON – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said that Congress should declare gun violence a “national emergency” and pass new gun laws to address the “epidemic” in the country.

Pelosi was referencing President Trump’s desire to declare a “national emergency” to obtain extra funding to build a border wall.

Pelosi hopes H.R. 8, the Bipartisan Background Checks Act, will pass out of the House by the end of this month. According to the text of the bill, “it shall be unlawful for any person who is not a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer to transfer a firearm to any other person who is not so licensed, unless a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer has first taken possession of the firearm for the purpose of complying with subsection.”

She said anyone who tries to block the legislation should keep in mind that gun-control activists aren’t going anywhere.

“We’re not going away. You might as well save yourself a lot of time by accepting that fact, that the law will be changed, that lives will be saved,” Pelosi said during an event Tuesday organized by MoCo Students for Change, a student-led anti-gun violence group, and Change the Ref.

“It’s an epidemic. It’s an emergency. We should declare it an emergency and take great action immediately. Are you ready to accept the success we are about to have?” she added.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/pelosi-declare-gun-violence-a-national-emergency-because-of-consistent-loss-of-life/

KarlMarx
02-15-2019, 07:06 PM
The Real emergency is Nancy Pelosi’s lack of leadership. The Democrats could have negotiated a deal with Trump, one where both sides would have gotten something, but no. Donald Trump is too icky for the Democrats to work with, even when it would benefit the very people they claimed to have concern for.

Secondly, Nancy Pelosi has a pair of freshman Congressman that she either can’t or either won’t reign in. Those two are, of course, AOC and Rep Omar. I am thinking the truth is that she can’t do anything about those two. After all, even bad press is better than no press at all and those two are out to get as much press as possible.

Elessar
02-15-2019, 07:30 PM
I have mixed thoughts on background checks.

For me to carry a .45, 9mm, M-16, 12 gauge shotgun, man an M-60, .50 cal mount,
man the main deck gun on the ship, handle ammo and pyro....

I went through a background investigation, quite similar to one for clearances. So I am
neutral on that in a way.

liberals like Pilosi refuse to acknowledge a weapon as described, is an intimate object
unless a human activates it. A weapon cannot charge itself, discharge itself without a
human to activate it. I look around my house and see lots of inanimate objects that
can be weapons.

The difference is the HUMAN INTENT to use them as weapons.