PDA

View Full Version : Covcath student Nicholas Sandmann sues Wapo for $250 million

jimnyc
02-20-2019, 11:16 AM
GOOD! And I hope many more involved. Everyone wanted to defame him/them, and crickets when the truth came out.

---

Covcath student Nicholas Sandmann sues Wapo for $250 million

Covington Catholic high school student Nicholas Sandmann is suing The Washington Post over its coverage of a January incident involving himself and Native American protester Nathan Phillips.

Attorneys for Sandmann filed the lawsuit Tuesday, accusing the Washington newspaper of engaging in a “modern-day form of McCarthyism.” The lawsuit also blames CNN and NBC, “among others,” for taking part in the smear, but it does not take direct legal action against those outlets.

“The Post wrongfully targeted and bullied Nicholas because he was the white, Catholic student wearing a red ‘Make America Great Again’ souvenir cap on a school field trip to the January 18 March for Life in Washington, D.C., when he was unexpectedly and suddenly confronted by Nathan Phillips, a known Native American activist, who beat a drum and sang loudly within inches of his face,” the lawsuit says.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/19/covington-catholic-nicholas-sandmann/

Trump cheers Covington lawsuit against Washington Post

President Donald Trump cheered Covington Catholic student Nicholas Sandmann’s defamation lawsuit against The Washington Post in an early Wednesday morning tweet.

https://i.imgur.com/6m3tVk7.png

Sandmann’s parents filed the lawsuit against The Washington Post for a sum of $250 million, saying that the paper intentionally ignored basic journalistic practices in its reporting on a viral confrontation between their son and Native American activist Nathan Phillips.

Sandmann’s parents chose the sum of $250 million because it is equal to what Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos paid for the paper in 2013.

“The Post wrongfully targeted and bullied Nicholas because he was the white, Catholic student wearing a red ‘Make America Great Again’ souvenir cap on a school field trip to the January 18 March for Life in Washington, D.C., when he was unexpectedly and suddenly confronted by Nathan Phillips, a known Native American activist, who beat a drum and sang loudly within inches of his face,” the lawsuit declares.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/20/trump-covington-lawsuit-washington-post/

FakeNewsSux
02-20-2019, 12:29 PM
I met the lead attorney, Lin Wood, over thirty years ago and had numerous professional and personal interactions with him since. He is the definition of a southern gentleman and very personable but a pit bull of a lawyer. He is considered one of the nation's leading experts on defamation law and got a but load of money for Richard Jewel from the Atlanta Journal after they falsely accused him of being the Olympic Park Bomber. Look out CNN, MSNBC, et al, this should be fun.

Abbey Marie
02-20-2019, 01:00 PM
I hope he succeeds in this suit. Nothing makes corporations and people behave quite like losing money.