PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Music Shop Owner Posts Sign Turning Away Trump Supporters

jimnyc
02-21-2019, 12:59 AM
Now a lot of people have seen me over time state that a bakery, for example, should be able to turn away business towards a homosexual couple. That couple is free to take their business elsewhere.

This guy has decided he doesn't want to do business with Trump supporters, and has left a sign at his store explaining himself.

Hey, so be it, I won't even go into why I think he's wrong or differences - fact is, he should reserve the right to do this!!

---

Ohio Music Shop Owner Posts Sign Turning Away Trump Supporters

An Ohio music shop owner placed a sign in front of his shop turning away supporters of President Trump, saying he felt “unclean and dirty” from doing business with them.

The owner of Joe’s Music Shop in Willoughby, Ohio, placed a sign outside his store outright telling those who support Trump to go “shop somewhere else,” WOIO reported.

“Dear Trump sympathizers, I am truly sorry, however, I feel unclean and dirty accepting money from you. Please politely shop somewhere else,” the sign read. “Sorry, I would rather starve and close the store than participate in wrongdoing. Many blessings to you. I hope you understand.”

But not everyone has been receptive to the anti-Trump sign outside the store. Joe, the owner of the store, said he had received dozens of phone calls protesting the sign.

“When I call cause you posted something stupid, that’s not a crime! Good luck, pal,” said one caller.

A few callers said the opposite, congratulating Joe for having “principles.”

“I want to congratulate you. It is so wonderful to find someone with principles.”

Joe said that he was surprised at how much attention his sign was getting.

“I did not do this for attention…I have posted things before about President Trump, so I didn’t expect this response,” he said.

The owner told WOIO he placed the sign outside his restaurant because he does not like the president’s politics and is tired of the rhetoric surrounding Trump’s presidency. Joe added that while he hates the president’s politics, he still supports the president.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/02/20/ohio-music-shop-owner-posts-sign-turning-away-trump-supporters/

darin
02-21-2019, 03:14 AM
Seen within 30 days: "Going out of Business!" I hope :)

STTAB
02-21-2019, 10:06 AM
His business, his right, and this is why the public accommodation laws are so stupid,not to mention unconstitutional. A true public accommodation law would say no one can discriminate for ANY reason.