PDA

View Full Version : So, this happened yesterday

Abbey Marie
02-26-2019, 12:57 AM
We’ve had high winds for many hours, and we have some tall trees above and behind us. One pretty big one cracked and fell into another tree close to our house. Russ and I were both home and on the second level when it happened. The sounds of cracking and crashing seemed to go on for so long. The end of the upper tree that you can see, hit the roof, but thankfully wasn’t thick enough to go through, or so we think/hope. But only inspection on the roof, and/or rain will tell. We are feeling rather blessed right now that we are unharmed.

Kathianne
02-26-2019, 01:56 AM
I'm so glad you're both OK. That is not looking good!

Elessar
02-26-2019, 07:31 AM
I am glad you two are safe, unharmed.

Some of the Douglass firs around here reach 220 feet and can be a beast if they break and fall on a structure.

When I lived in Humboldt County CA, a Redwood tree fell in Prairie Creek Redwoods Park
that registered 2.2 on a seismograph, just barely missing a Ranger's house!

High_Plains_Drifter
02-26-2019, 09:29 AM
WOW... yeah we had bad wind too. Gusts up to 50 mph. Glad it didn't blow over any of my trees.

You got firewood for the campfire now though... ;)

Hope you have a chain saw.

KarlMarx
02-26-2019, 05:40 PM
We’ve had high winds for many hours, and we have some tall trees above and behind us. One pretty big one cracked and fell into another tree close to our house. Russ and I were both home and on the second level when it happened. The sounds of cracking and crashing seemed to go on for so long. The end of the upper tree that you can see, hit the roof, but thankfully wasn’t thick enough to go through, or so we think/hope. But only inspection on the roof, and/or rain will tell. We are feeling rather blessed right now that we are unharmed.

Wow... I’m glad to hear you weren’t hurt, Abbey! Hopefully, there isn’t much damage to your home