PDA

View Full Version : I Have Some Questions About The Democrats’ Reparations Plan

jimnyc
02-28-2019, 10:52 AM
More insanity talk from the left

---

I Have Some Questions About The Democrats’ Reparations Plan

So, Senator Willy Brown Side Piece and Senator Panders With Wolves have decided to so something even Felonia Milhous von Pantsuit never dared – they’ve come out in favor of reparations. “Reparations” is, of course, the notion that a bunch of people who are not guilty of slavery owe money to people who were not slaves for some reason that never quite gets explained but that you’re racist for wondering about.

This horrific idea is, not shockingly, really unpopular with the majority of people who did not do anything wrong but are expected to cut a check. It is, however, really popular with the leftist activists driving the out-of-control clown car that is today’s Democrat Party.

The Dem candidates are not crazy, and their plan is no doubt to gaslight the SJW suckers with this nonsense during the primaries to win the nomination. Once that mission is accomplished, they will pull the old “Just kidding!” when it comes time to campaign in the battered, opioid-shattered Midwestern states like Ohio and Michigan where the besieged white working class voters would be surprised to learn how privileged they are, as well as how in debt to people they never did anything wrong to.

Or maybe not. I mean, liberals are both incredibly dumb and morally bankrupt, and perhaps they would actually push for an unAmerican racial spoils system where you receive, or pay, cash because of something your great x 5 grandpa was or was not. But let’s get beyond how this whole idea is an atrocity that makes a mockery of everything Americans believe in. Let’s figure out how it is actually supposed to work.

I have questions. Several in fact. So, let’s take me, my wife, and my kids for example and see how this works out in practice.

Now, on the surface, I’m pretty much near the bottom in their heirarchy of racial grievances. The Schlichters came here from Germany before the Revolution and settled in rural Pennsylvania. Clearly, the world was my oyster. Sure, back in 1981, as I was swabbing out toilets in the Foster City, California, Carl’s, Jr., I did not have a solid understanding of the windfall of privilege bequeathed to me. Nor was it readily apparent as a Private First Class at basic training, except when Drill Sergeant Whittlesey would say “No push-ups for the college boy. Two hundred fifty years ago, his ancestors were in Bavaria, so he’s special.” My privilege is clearly the only reason I became a successful lawyer, writer, colonel, and Twitter legend. The decades of hard work were secondary, and anyone who thinks different is a racist.

Rest - https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2019/02/28/i-have-some-questions-about-the-democrats-reparations-plan-n2542292

STTAB
03-01-2019, 10:15 AM

---

So, Senator Willy Brown Side Piece and Senator Panders With Wolves have decided to so something even Felonia Milhous von Pantsuit never dared – they’ve come out in favor of reparations. “Reparations” is, of course, the notion that a bunch of people who are not guilty of slavery owe money to people who were not slaves for some reason that never quite gets explained but that you’re racist for wondering about.

This horrific idea is, not shockingly, really unpopular with the majority of people who did not do anything wrong but are expected to cut a check. It is, however, really popular with the leftist activists driving the out-of-control clown car that is today’s Democrat Party.

The Dem candidates are not crazy, and their plan is no doubt to gaslight the SJW suckers with this nonsense during the primaries to win the nomination. Once that mission is accomplished, they will pull the old “Just kidding!” when it comes time to campaign in the battered, opioid-shattered Midwestern states like Ohio and Michigan where the besieged white working class voters would be surprised to learn how privileged they are, as well as how in debt to people they never did anything wrong to.

Or maybe not. I mean, liberals are both incredibly dumb and morally bankrupt, and perhaps they would actually push for an unAmerican racial spoils system where you receive, or pay, cash because of something your great x 5 grandpa was or was not. But let’s get beyond how this whole idea is an atrocity that makes a mockery of everything Americans believe in. Let’s figure out how it is actually supposed to work.

I have questions. Several in fact. So, let’s take me, my wife, and my kids for example and see how this works out in practice.

Now, on the surface, I’m pretty much near the bottom in their heirarchy of racial grievances. The Schlichters came here from Germany before the Revolution and settled in rural Pennsylvania. Clearly, the world was my oyster. Sure, back in 1981, as I was swabbing out toilets in the Foster City, California, Carl’s, Jr., I did not have a solid understanding of the windfall of privilege bequeathed to me. Nor was it readily apparent as a Private First Class at basic training, except when Drill Sergeant Whittlesey would say “No push-ups for the college boy. Two hundred fifty years ago, his ancestors were in Bavaria, so he’s special.” My privilege is clearly the only reason I became a successful lawyer, writer, colonel, and Twitter legend. The decades of hard work were secondary, and anyone who thinks different is a racist.

Rest - https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2019/02/28/i-have-some-questions-about-the-democrats-reparations-plan-n2542292

I disagree with you 100%. I fully believe that every single Democrat who's ancestors owned a slave should have to pay the descendants of those slaves some reparations. Now , the USG didn't own any slaves and thus doesn't owe any reparations.

Gunny
03-01-2019, 02:01 PM

---

Pretty much covers it.

Elessar
03-01-2019, 02:16 PM
My family, dating back to the 1750's on Moms side, were dirt farmers in West Virginia,
never had a single slave. Dad's family came from Austria - legally immigrated and settled
in Cicero Illinois in 1898....did not have a single slave.

Why the F*** should I pay any 'reparations'?

Tell them to get off their lazy black meth asses, get a job and education.

I'll donate a wooden nickle to reparations.