PDA

View Full Version : Any Other Veterans Gotten The VETERANS CHOICE Questionnaire?

High_Plains_Drifter
03-02-2019, 01:30 PM
I just got this in the mail. I did the survey online though, because I wanted them to get my feedback on this system since it's not all good.

https://i.ibb.co/J3WLkDg/20190302-123357.jpg

aboutime
03-02-2019, 04:52 PM
Never filled it out, or responded to it. So it had to hit the "SH*T CAN, like all of the other junk mail we get in the Box outside for SNAIL MAIL.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-02-2019, 05:00 PM
Never filled it out, or responded to it. So it had to hit the "SH*T CAN, like all of the other junk mail we get in the Box outside for SNAIL MAIL.
Do you qualify for Veterans Choice, pard?

Elessar
03-02-2019, 05:58 PM
I got the thing a year ago and filled it out.

For us here it makes sense because the region is pretty darn remote.
Until a new VA clinic opened in Brookings the only option was a 4 hour drive inland
to Roseburg.

But right now with the highway collapsed between here and Brookings, using this
program might come in handy.

aboutime
03-02-2019, 07:23 PM
Do you qualify for Veterans Choice, pard?

I, and my wife have TriCare, and we also have Medicare. Both cover just about everything.

Have our own family doctor, and NONE of our Hospital, or Doctor visits have cost us A PENNY.

We live within one mile of OCEANA Naval Air Station Medical Center, Dam Neck. Portsmouth Naval Hospital is about 20 miles from here. Haven't had to use them, except for VA visits for my re-registering for Disability status...every 5 years. I think they want me to kick the bucket and save them the bother of an old Retired Guy, taking advantage of what I earned.:laugh:
https://www.va.gov/COMMUNITYCARE/programs/veterans/VCP/index.asp

High_Plains_Drifter
03-02-2019, 07:28 PM

Until a new VA clinic opened in Brookings the only option was a 4 hour drive inland
to Roseburg.

Changes were just recently made to the program, like just last month though. It's supposed to be easier to use and more people are qualified... supposedly. It also got a bunch more money.

I'm 55 miles away from the nearest VA clinic too, so I qualify. You still have to get a referral from your VA doctor though. You can't just make an appointment. It still has to get VA approval. Seems to me that kinda defeats the purpose.

Abbey Marie
03-03-2019, 05:39 PM
In case...

STTAB
03-04-2019, 09:50 AM

to Roseburg.

Same here, 2 hour trip to the nearest VA hospital. THeres a VA clinic 30 miles from me, but they are worthless. I rarely go to the doctor though so it's not a huge deal, but when I do go I want to see a competent doctor without having to drive 100 miles each way.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-04-2019, 05:44 PM
Same here, 2 hour trip to the nearest VA hospital. THeres a VA clinic 30 miles from me, but they are worthless. I rarely go to the doctor though so it's not a huge deal, but when I do go I want to see a competent doctor without having to drive 100 miles each way.
Veterans Choice Program eligibility details...

https://www.va.gov/opa/choiceact/documents/factsheets/veterans-choice-program-eligibility-details.pdf