PDA

View Full Version : Terry Crews may be my hero this week. "Single parent kids are missing something"

darin
03-04-2019, 01:58 AM
TimCast is my favourite liberal. No word on if the video host simply wished Terry had more revealing clothes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEszjsfklW8 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEszjsfklW8)

Noir
03-04-2019, 03:15 AM
Lol, speaking as someone who is severely malnourished ​I’ll take his opinion with about as much weight as it has truth, zero.

darin
03-04-2019, 03:27 AM
Lol, speaking as someone who is severely malnourished ​I’ll take his opinion with about as much weight as it has truth, zero.

You have no point of reference then. (shrug)

People who have never had the ideal situation, but feel pretty okay, can't understand why the Ideal is ideal to begin with. Not saying you are invalid, or damaged, but the best thing about Terry's situation is him not bowing down to internet bullies.

Noir
03-04-2019, 04:26 AM
Not saying you are invalid, or damaged

Do you agree with the statement that I am ‘severely malnourished’?

Also you should probably take the time to read his twitter over the last few days as it’s filled with clarifications that his tweet was a response to another (since deleted) and was taken out of context.

Gunny
03-04-2019, 07:33 AM

Also you should probably take the time to read his twitter over the last few days as it’s filled with clarifications that his tweet was a response to another (since deleted) and was taken out of context.You're trying too hard to no point. Having lived as a child in situations where I had both parents and a single parent, and having been a parent in both situations as well, I'll tell you straight up there's something missing (too obvious, right?:rolleyes:) in single parent households.

No matter how you attempt to spin that single, main point or smokescreen your way through a disagreement, it remains as is. Doing the best job I could, I still could not fulfill BOTH roles of provider and nurturer to a little girl to what I considered a satisfactory degree. And my daughter is proof. I lover her to death and taught her th ebest I could, but she could be more of a girl. No matter what, I just wasn't and am not a girl.

Now you may have missed this, Noir, but that last point above DOES make a difference. I suck at playing mommy and women don't make good men. You need BOTH to balance the equation.

I also agree with Darin having grown up in rather poor circumstances, but know no other condition, I never knew I was poor having nothing to compare it to.

Abbey Marie
03-04-2019, 08:32 AM
TimCast is my favourite liberal. No word on if the video host simply wished Terry had more revealing clothes.

That was unnecessarily snarky, Darin.

STTAB
03-04-2019, 09:45 AM

Also you should probably take the time to read his twitter over the last few days as it’s filled with clarifications that his tweet was a response to another (since deleted) and was taken out of context.

Noir I feel I'm a pretty good parent . But between the time om divorce and the start of my second marriage I was raising my son by myself, and I can tell you that once his "mom" came into our lives he was the better for it. I can also tell you we have 3 children we have adopted that had shitty parents, absent parents, whatever and there is zero doubt that having at least somewhat stable parenting by a mom and a dad made a difference in their lives.

All that to say that it is common sense that a child who is properly raised by two parents of opposite genders is going to have a more complete upbringing. I bring qualities to child rearing that my wife doesn't and visa versa, and a child needs ALL of those qualities to become a well rounded adult.