PDA

View Full Version : NJ High School Bans Prom Limos Because Some Students Can’t Afford Them

jimnyc
03-04-2019, 01:40 PM
WTF? So since EVERYONE can't afford a limo, that means that others that CAN have to go without?

Hell, I lived in NJ till I was 28. I couldn't afford a limo and was actually driven there by the girl I took!! LOL And many others came in limos. And who cares? Was cool to see all of them was all.

If you make too much money - give some to those not wanting to work. If some of the poorer kids can't afford luxuries, you don't get any either. Yup yup yup. :rolleyes:

---

NJ High School Bans Prom Limos Because Some Students Can’t Afford Them

A high school in North Jersey has banned limousines for prom because some students can’t afford them.

According to a local news report, Lakeland Regional High School has banned limousines for prom on the basis that some students can’t afford to contribute to the cost of the luxury vehicles. The decision came as part of a larger policy implementation that will force all students to travel to and from prom in chaperoned buses. The school has cited security and safety concerns as catalysts for the decision.

“We have in the past, are presently and will always take the safety and security of our students seriously,” the school district’s superintendent said in a comment on the decision.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/education/2019/03/04/nj-high-school-bans-prom-limos-because-some-students-cant-afford-them/

STTAB
03-04-2019, 01:47 PM
WTF? So since EVERYONE can't afford a limo, that means that others that CAN have to go without?

Hell, I lived in NJ till I was 28. I couldn't afford a limo and was actually driven there by the girl I took!! LOL And many others came in limos. And who cares? Was cool to see all of them was all.

If you make too much money - give some to those not wanting to work. If some of the poorer kids can't afford luxuries, you don't get any either. Yup yup yup. :rolleyes:

---

NJ High School Bans Prom Limos Because Some Students Can’t Afford Them

A high school in North Jersey has banned limousines for prom because some students can’t afford them.

According to a local news report, Lakeland Regional High School has banned limousines for prom on the basis that some students can’t afford to contribute to the cost of the luxury vehicles. The decision came as part of a larger policy implementation that will force all students to travel to and from prom in chaperoned buses. The school has cited security and safety concerns as catalysts for the decision.

“We have in the past, are presently and will always take the safety and security of our students seriously,” the school district’s superintendent said in a comment on the decision.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/education/2019/03/04/nj-high-school-bans-prom-limos-because-some-students-cant-afford-them/

This is one of the very rare examples of something I believe a school should be sued over. Forget all the other BS, a school has no right at all to tell me what kind of vehicle to allow my child to arrive to a school prom in. NONE. My son drove my 1965 Shelby GT350 to prom (the ONLY time in his life I left him drive it unsupervised) even 10 years ago that car was worth FAR more than a limo. My oldest daughter is now eyeing the same car for her prom. I'll be damned if a school is going to tell me she can't drive it cuz other kids can't afford it.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-04-2019, 05:41 PM
When no one ever fights back against this kind of democrat fascism, this is what happens.