PDA

View Full Version : Queen Latifah backs Jussie Smollett after alleged hate crime hoax

jimnyc
03-05-2019, 02:56 PM
This kind of blind support is what irritates me.

I understand fully standing by your guy, all the way to the end, makes sense and how I am often. But in the face of massive amounts of proof? 2 people involved telling the "true" story. Folks initially JUMP to support and cry for him. But when the story reaches a different level - folks simply can't find the wrong. :rolleyes:

And she says "until she sees some evidence". Huh? Not enough yet? When folks do that, it just means that nothing is going to change their mind.

---

Queen Latifah backs Jussie Smollett after alleged hate crime hoax

Queen Latifah said she would not discuss the Jussie Smollett case, and until she sees some evidence that he orchestrated his own attack, she will be standing behind Smollett.

Yahoo News released a Tuesday preview of “Through Her Eyes,” a show hosted by activist Zainab Salbi that explores issues through the experiences of women, in which Latifah was asked about being compassionate toward Smollett in light of the news that he may have staged his own attack.

“The guy I’ve seen has always been someone who cares about people, who cares about others, and who’s very kind and who’s always been cool and sweet,” Latifah told Salbi. “So until I see some definitive proof, which I haven’t seen yet, then, you know, I gotta go with him until I see otherwise.”

Smollett was charged with a felony after allegedly filing a false police report back in January. According to Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson, the two men who attacked Smollett confessed claiming the entire attack was set up by Smollett.

When asked if this case should be viewed through a “racial justice lens”, Latifah responded, “I don’t even know what to make of it. All I know is that I hope everything works out in the end and everybody basically comes out unscathed.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/05/queen-latifah-backs-smollett/

STTAB
03-05-2019, 03:05 PM
This kind of blind support is what irritates me.

I understand fully standing by your guy, all the way to the end, makes sense and how I am often. But in the face of massive amounts of proof? 2 people involved telling the "true" story. Folks initially JUMP to support and cry for him. But when the story reaches a different level - folks simply can't find the wrong. :rolleyes:

And she says "until she sees some evidence". Huh? Not enough yet? When folks do that, it just means that nothing is going to change their mind.

---

Queen Latifah backs Jussie Smollett after alleged hate crime hoax

Queen Latifah said she would not discuss the Jussie Smollett case, and until she sees some evidence that he orchestrated his own attack, she will be standing behind Smollett.

Yahoo News released a Tuesday preview of “Through Her Eyes,” a show hosted by activist Zainab Salbi that explores issues through the experiences of women, in which Latifah was asked about being compassionate toward Smollett in light of the news that he may have staged his own attack.

“The guy I’ve seen has always been someone who cares about people, who cares about others, and who’s very kind and who’s always been cool and sweet,” Latifah told Salbi. “So until I see some definitive proof, which I haven’t seen yet, then, you know, I gotta go with him until I see otherwise.”

Smollett was charged with a felony after allegedly filing a false police report back in January. According to Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson, the two men who attacked Smollett confessed claiming the entire attack was set up by Smollett.

When asked if this case should be viewed through a “racial justice lens”, Latifah responded, “I don’t even know what to make of it. All I know is that I hope everything works out in the end and everybody basically comes out unscathed.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/05/queen-latifah-backs-smollett/

I can even see saying "I believe he's innocent until proven guilty" but not when you are at the same time proclaiming other people are guilty sans evidence.

That's why I'm happy to say I'm consistent on all of these type deals. I don't care the politics of the person involved, innocent until proven guilty.