PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Judge Permits Father to Sue Clinic on Behalf of Aborted ‘Baby Roe’

jimnyc
03-07-2019, 01:41 PM
I realize this is a huge issue - but I firmly believe that fathers/boyfriends should have some say/recourse for THEIR child. And I understand it's a woman's body, but they BOTH engaged in a risky manner - and BOTH should be responsible and BOTH have a say - IMO. But while I think men should have more say, and definitely a baby should have more rights, I unfortunately don't see much being upheld in superior courts, but should be.

---

Alabama Judge Permits Father to Sue Clinic on Behalf of Aborted ‘Baby Roe’

An Alabama judge has granted the petition of the father of an aborted baby to represent the estate of “Baby Roe” and to sue the abortion facility on behalf of his late child.

Ryan Magers has brought a wrongful death lawsuit against the Alabama Women’s Center for Reproductive Alternatives, an abortion clinic in Huntsville, after his girlfriend had their unborn child aborted there against his will in 2017.

The suit before the circuit court of Madison County, which refers to Magers as “father of his deceased child,” also names the abortionist and the pharmaceutical company involved in the abortion.

Last November, Alabama voters passed a constitutional amendment making it state policy to “ensure the protection of the rights of the unborn child” and “recognize and support the sanctity of unborn life and the rights of unborn children, including the right to life.”

Currently, fathers have no legal recourse in the United States to protect their unborn children from abortion, and even state laws requiring that a father be notified prior to an abortion have been struck down by the courts.

On Tuesday, Madison County Probate Judge Frank Barger granted Mr. Magers petition to represent his child’s estate in a ruling that his attorney, Brent Helms, said broke new legal ground.

“This is the first estate that I’m aware of that has ever been opened for an aborted baby,” Helms said. “We are confident, and this is a step in the right direction.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2019/03/07/alabama-judge-permits-father-sue-clinic-on-behalf-aborted-baby-roe/