PDA

View Full Version : Cohen lied again in most recent trip to DC

jimnyc
03-07-2019, 02:16 PM
How can ANYTHING this man has said ever be taken seriously or fully factually? All he does is lie - and it may appear that he is a little mad that he wouldn't be receiving a pardon. And hell, it's his own attorney stating the truth.

---

Michael Cohen previously asked Trump attorneys about pardon, his lawyer says

Michael Cohen asked his attorneys last year to inquire with President Donald Trump’s legal team about receiving a presidential pardon, Cohen’s current lawyer said Thursday, in an apparent contradiction of the former Trump fixer’s public testimony last week.

“Prior to Michael Cohen’s decision to leave the ‘Joint Defense Group’ and tell the truth on July 2, 2018, Michael was open to the ongoing ‘dangling’ of a possible pardon by Trump representatives privately and in the media,” said Lanny Davis, Cohen’s attorney, in a statement. “During that time period, he directed his attorney to explore possibilities of a pardon at one point with Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani as well as other lawyers advising President Trump.”

Davis’ statement appears to contradict Cohen’s testimony before the House Oversight and Reform Committee last week, in which he told lawmakers: “I have never asked for, nor would I accept, a pardon from Mr. Trump.”

Cohen worked for Trump for a decade and is set to begin a three-year prison sentence on May 6 for crimes including lying to Congress, tax fraud and campaign-finance violations. Cohen has said he committed those crimes out of loyalty to Trump.

The FBI raided Cohen’s home and office last April, and Cohen remained loyal to Trump until July when he decided to abandon the president’s joint defense team. At that point, Davis said, Cohen “authorized me as a new lawyer to say publicly Mr. Cohen would never accept a pardon from President Trump even if offered.” Cohen has since cooperated with federal prosecutors in the Southern District of New York and with special counsel Robert Mueller’s office.

Rest - https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/07/michael-cohen-pardon-1210138