PDA

View Full Version : Satin pillow cases my ass!!

jimnyc
03-12-2019, 04:07 PM
I'm sure someone will tell me - but I'm assuming there are various levels of "silk"?

I bought a 'daily deal' or whatever you call it on a set of them. Based on reviews and the fact that it was a deal, I assumed why not, take a chance?

"You get what you pay for"

Anyone who knows me knows that this is my favorite saying in the world! My family will laugh at me when I overspend for things, but it's because I'm willing to pay better money for things that will last a lifetime, or just much longer than others, and of course a quality product.

But this was cheap enough to where I could just take a chance.

Damn things come in an envelope. Then inside a cardboard letter thingy. And in there the 2 cases. As soon as I touched them I knew they were crap. Feel less comfy than my regular sheets! I have an old pair and they are SO SO soft, and these are like night and day.

And funny, NOWHERE on the envelope or writings that come with it is the word "satin" even used.

"Bedsure. More than comfort"

$10 is what you get, a $10 crappy pair.

I went against all I believe in when shopping and got sucked in again! LOL I love watching those daily and lightning deals!! But sometimes I get TOO into it and feel like I have to just buy SOMETHING. :)

Bilgerat
03-12-2019, 04:13 PM
Hey Jim, I can let you in on raising your own "Buffalo Chickens" for wing harvesting. Just send me $10.00 (lol)

jimnyc
03-12-2019, 04:24 PM
Hey Jim, I can let you in on raising your own "Buffalo Chickens" for wing harvesting. Just send me $10.00 (lol)

I KNEW what I was getting into with this one, and it was only $10. But I figured it would be a shitty pair, but at the very least SOFT. I didn't expect $300 pair. :(

Abbey Marie
03-12-2019, 08:15 PM
jimnyc trust me on this:
Comphy brand sheets and pillow cases. Uh-mazing! I encountered them at a Maryland B&B, and had to have them.

https://www.comphy.com/products/pillow-case-set?variant=10089531211812

jimnyc
03-13-2019, 07:34 AM
jimnyc trust me on this:
Comphy brand sheets and pillow cases. Uh-mazing! I encountered them at a Maryland B&B, and had to have them.

I just bought 2 of the gray pillow case sets, in Queen size. I trust your taste!! :)

But damn - $19.72 for regular shipping, and the alternatives are higher. Just for pillow cases? Wonder why? The 2 cases are only $56 Oh well, I still want them! :)

https://i.imgur.com/vqTwTh0.png

Abbey Marie
03-13-2019, 10:48 AM
I don’t remember the shipping being so high. Could be because I ordered them through the B&B, but they were delivered to my home. You know they aren’t silk though, I hope?

Gunny
03-13-2019, 10:58 AM
I'm sure someone will tell me - but I'm assuming there are various levels of "silk"?

I bought a 'daily deal' or whatever you call it on a set of them. Based on reviews and the fact that it was a deal, I assumed why not, take a chance?

"You get what you pay for"

Anyone who knows me knows that this is my favorite saying in the world! My family will laugh at me when I overspend for things, but it's because I'm willing to pay better money for things that will last a lifetime, or just much longer than others, and of course a quality product.

But this was cheap enough to where I could just take a chance.

Damn things come in an envelope. Then inside a cardboard letter thingy. And in there the 2 cases. As soon as I touched them I knew they were crap. Feel less comfy than my regular sheets! I have an old pair and they are SO SO soft, and these are like night and day.

And funny, NOWHERE on the envelope or writings that come with it is the word "satin" even used.

"Bedsure. More than comfort"

$10 is what you get, a $10 crappy pair.

I went against all I believe in when shopping and got sucked in again! LOL I love watching those daily and lightning deals!! But sometimes I get TOO into it and feel like I have to just buy SOMETHING. :)Don't feel bad. I'm the same way. You get what you pay for.

Like a Dollar store hummingbird feeder for $2. It isn't sealed so it won't hold water (hummingbird stuff) :laugh:

jimnyc
03-22-2019, 12:44 PM
jimnyc trust me on this:

Abs, they finally arrived today!!! They do feel pretty awesome, can't wait to try them out!!

Abbey Marie
03-22-2019, 12:52 PM
Abs, they finally arrived today!!! They do feel pretty awesome, can't wait to try them out!!

I’m so relieved! I hope they deliver on my promises.

:coffee:

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2019, 05:37 PM
I just bought 2 of the gray pillow case sets, in Queen size. I trust your taste!! :)

But damn - $19.72 for regular shipping, and the alternatives are higher. Just for pillow cases? Wonder why? The 2 cases are only $56 Oh well, I still want them! :)

https://i.imgur.com/vqTwTh0.png
Is that Amazon?

And remember that dashcam I bought that was a "lightening deal?" Yeah... that was supposed to be such a high end camera and was marked way down, turned out to be a total POS. I returned it and bought an actual GOOD dashcam.