PDA

View Full Version : Woman attacked by jaguar says Arizona zoo should consider 'moving fence'

jimnyc
03-13-2019, 07:53 AM
So the other day, Longtermguy posted a thread about a dopey woman at a zoo. She thought it to be a good idea to hop over a fence so she could get up close and personal with the Jaguar cage in order to get a "selfie". And rightfully so, the Jaguar reached out and beat her up with just one paw!!

So even though there are warning signs AND a damn fence - which this twit ignored both and hopped - she still has an excuse?

Maybe she should consider reading? Or maybe she should consider simply not hopping fences to get a picture like an attention whore?

At least she admits she's in the wrong, but she is still looking for excuses so that she doesn't look as bad as she does.

"we're all human" - I gotta wonder how many others have been beat up by this Jaguar after hopping the fence?

---

Woman attacked by jaguar says Arizona zoo should consider 'moving fence'

A woman who was mauled by a jaguar at an Arizona zoo said she was in the “wrong” but that the zoo should consider moving the fence.

The woman, identified as Leanne, was visiting the Wildlife World Zoo near Phoenix on Saturday when she decided to take a selfie with a black jaguar.

According to Leanne, it was a good opportunity for pictures, as the cats were pressed up against the cage.

To take the photo, Leanne leaned over the security barrier with her camera – allowing the cat to reach through the wire fence and scratch her.

Following the incident, the woman, who is in her 30s, told CBS: “The black jaguar was up against the fence and we happened to be walking by and we said: ‘Hey let’s get some good pictures.’”

She then acknowledged she was “in the wrong for leaning over the barrier,” but thinks “maybe the zoo should look into moving their fence back”.

“Anybody can reach out,” she continued. “I’m not the first, and if they don’t move the fence, I’m probably not going to be the last.”

The woman also said she “never expected this” but that “we’re all human” and she’s learned her lesson.

After the incident on March 9 sent the woman to the hospital with non-serious injuries, she originally apologised to the zoo for the “bad publicity”.

According to the zoo, which assured the public that it would not be putting the animal down, the sole issue was the disregard for the barriers.

“We can promise you nothing will happen to our jaguar,” the zoo tweeted the day of the incident. “She’s a wild animal and there were proper barriers in place to keep our guests safe – not a wild animals fault when barriers are crossed.

Gunny
03-13-2019, 08:09 AM
So the other day, Longtermguy posted a thread about a dopey woman at a zoo. She thought it to be a good idea to hop over a fence so she could get up close and personal with the Jaguar cage in order to get a "selfie". And rightfully so, the Jaguar reached out and beat her up with just one paw!!

So even though there are warning signs AND a damn fence - which this twit ignored both and hopped - she still has an excuse?

Maybe she should consider reading? Or maybe she should consider simply not hopping fences to get a picture like an attention whore?

At least she admits she's in the wrong, but she is still looking for excuses so that she doesn't look as bad as she does.

"we're all human" - I gotta wonder how many others have been beat up by this Jaguar after hopping the fence?

---

Woman attacked by jaguar says Arizona zoo should consider 'moving fence'

A woman who was mauled by a jaguar at an Arizona zoo said she was in the “wrong” but that the zoo should consider moving the fence.

The woman, identified as Leanne, was visiting the Wildlife World Zoo near Phoenix on Saturday when she decided to take a selfie with a black jaguar.

According to Leanne, it was a good opportunity for pictures, as the cats were pressed up against the cage.

To take the photo, Leanne leaned over the security barrier with her camera – allowing the cat to reach through the wire fence and scratch her.

Following the incident, the woman, who is in her 30s, told CBS: “The black jaguar was up against the fence and we happened to be walking by and we said: ‘Hey let’s get some good pictures.’”

She then acknowledged she was “in the wrong for leaning over the barrier,” but thinks “maybe the zoo should look into moving their fence back”.

“Anybody can reach out,” she continued. “I’m not the first, and if they don’t move the fence, I’m probably not going to be the last.”

The woman also said she “never expected this” but that “we’re all human” and she’s learned her lesson.

After the incident on March 9 sent the woman to the hospital with non-serious injuries, she originally apologised to the zoo for the “bad publicity”.

According to the zoo, which assured the public that it would not be putting the animal down, the sole issue was the disregard for the barriers.

“We can promise you nothing will happen to our jaguar,” the zoo tweeted the day of the incident. “She’s a wild animal and there were proper barriers in place to keep our guests safe – not a wild animals fault when barriers are crossed.:lame2:

I know. Let's legislate "don't stick your hand in the fire" :rolleyes:. What a f-n idiot. "Let's get selfies with the kitties" :rolleyes:. Here's a grenade, go outside and play :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
03-13-2019, 10:02 AM
Here's a grenade, go outside and play :laugh:
----------- http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/laughter.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

Abbey Marie
03-13-2019, 10:58 AM
Dollars to donuts she sues.

Gunny
03-13-2019, 11:01 AM
Dollars to donuts she sues.Wouldn't that be kind of hard since she's publicly admitted being in the wrong?

She sure used up her quota of stupid.

Abbey Marie
03-13-2019, 11:27 AM
Wouldn't that be kind of hard since she's publicly admitted being in the wrong?

She sure used up her quota of stupid.

A good smarmy lawyer can work with it. For one thing, percentages of blame can be assigned.

STTAB
03-13-2019, 12:21 PM
Fucking racist jaguar. That woman had every right to enter her cage without worrying about a xenophobic attack. I mean for all we know she just running from violence in her home . Hopefully the 9th circuit rules that stupid people can't be prevented from entering the cages of wild animals.