PDA

View Full Version : St. Patrick's Day

High_Plains_Drifter
03-16-2019, 10:54 AM
OK... so are you Irish, or just Irish for a day? From the DNA tests we've had done, I am a fair amount Irish, surely enough to celebrate St. Patty's Day.

So what are you doing?

I'm going to head over to a little town east of here that has a pretty raucous parade known to be pretty entertaining, then hit the little local tavern for a corned beef and cabbage meal and a few cold ones, if I can get in.

LongTermGuy
03-16-2019, 10:59 AM
OK... so are you Irish, or just Irish for a day? From the DNA tests we've had done, I am a fair amount Irish, surely enough to celebrate St. Patty's Day.

So what are you doing?

I'm going to head over to a little town east of here that has a pretty raucous parade known to be pretty entertaining, then hit one of the little local taverns for a corned beef and cabbage meal and a few cold ones.

~ "I'm going to head over to a little town east of here that has a pretty raucous parade, known to be pretty entertaining, then hit one of the little local taverns for a corned beef and cabbage meal and a few cold ones." ~

You gave me and `wifeie` some good ideas...were going to a park (with a nice lake) then we will go to a great little Irish Pub for mid-afternoon lunch...Leaving now...

Noir
03-16-2019, 11:49 AM
I dare say I知 more Irish than anyone else on the board, and I知 not Irish :cool:

This Sunday I知 spending my morning in work, my afternoon at the theater, and my evening studying, quite a holy day.

Kathianne
03-16-2019, 12:32 PM
Ancestry puts me at 98+% Irish. I was surprised with the Spanish and other conquests. The other 2% is a conglomeration of 双thern European and African. No surprise with that.

jimnyc
03-16-2019, 12:47 PM
No Irish in me - but I'm still eating some corned beef this weekend! :) I may hit a local parade, not sure yet.

But salute to the Irish! http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/l/luck_o_the_irish-1927.gif

Abbey Marie
03-16-2019, 01:32 PM
Happy St Patty’s Day!

High_Plains_Drifter
03-16-2019, 02:41 PM
I'm mostly Scandinavian, 29%, and assorted other European ethnicity, but 17% Irish.

Corny little parade, short, but still, had a few odd characters and things in it, and the town was PACKED, and couldn't even get close inside the tavern to get to the bar, was like sardines in a can. Walked in and walked out. It's a beautiful day here and I think people were just busting to GET OUT after a long and cold winter.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-16-2019, 09:08 PM
What else do you have in a little town parade in Podunk, Wisconsin besides a guy dressed up as a big TROUT... he was a HIT... :laugh:

https://i.ibb.co/c8hrNb5/20190316-131501.jpg

SassyLady
03-25-2019, 11:10 PM
I dare say I知 more Irish than anyone else on the board, and I知 not Irish :cool:

This Sunday I知 spending my morning in work, my afternoon at the theater, and my evening studying, quite a holy day.

Recently completed lineage on dad's side .... one of my ancestors owned pretyy much all of Dublin before Cromwell seized all his property and massacred most of his family.

My 23&Me DNA has me at 67% Irish.