PDA

View Full Version : Default Quite possibly the most Shocking News I've ever read...Merged: Rush Nobel

Insein
02-01-2007, 08:08 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20070201/pl_usnw/landmark_legal_foundation_nominates_rush_limbaugh_ for2007_nobel_peace_prize

I'm absolutely amazed that he actually got recognition from the Nobel community. Sure they nominated Al Gore and Jimmy Carter won the damn thing but for them to do this is truly amazing.

Landmark Legal Foundation Nominates Rush Limbaugh for 2007 Nobel Peace Prize Thu Feb 1, 1:27 PM ET

LEESBURG, Va., Feb. 1 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Landmark Legal Foundation today nominated nationally syndicated radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh for the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize.

Limbaugh, whose daily radio show is heard by more than 20 million people on more than 600 radio stations in the United States and around the world, was nominated for the prestigious award for his "nearly two decades of tireless efforts to promote liberty, equality and opportunity for all humankind, regardless of race, creed, economic stratum or national origin. These are the only real cornerstones of just and lasting peace throughout the world," said Landmark President Mark R. Levin.

"Rush Limbaugh is the foremost advocate for freedom and democracy in the world today," explained Levin. "Everyday he gives voice to the values of democratic governance, individual opportunity and the just, equal application of the rule of law -- and it is fitting that the Nobel Committee recognize the power of these ideals to build a truly peaceful world for future generations."

The Nobel Peace Prize, which is given by a committee of the Norwegian Storting (the Norwegian Parliament), was created by inventor Alfred Nobel in his will in 1896 to be given to the individual or organization who "shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding of peace congresses." The first Nobel Peace Prize was awarded in 1901 to Henry Dunant and Frederic Passy.

Should Limbaugh become the 2007 Nobel Laureate for Peace, he will receive the Nobel Peace Prize medal and a cash award of $10 million Norwegian Kroner (approximately $1.6 million). The prize would be presented at a ceremony in the Oslo City Hall presided over by King Harald V and Queen Sonja of Norway on December 10, 2007, the anniversary of Alfred Nobel's death. As the 2007 Nobel Laureate for Peace, Limbaugh would deliver the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize Lecture at that ceremony.

Founded in 1976, Landmark Legal Foundation is the leading conservative public interest law firm in the United States. Rush Limbaugh serves as an unpaid member of Landmark's Board of Advisors.

red states rule
02-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Well, this should make the libs very happy. I can't think of someone who deserves it more

Landmark Legal Foundation Nominates Rush Limbaugh for 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

Limbaugh called 'the foremost advocate for freedom and democracy in the
world today'

LEESBURG, Va., Feb. 1 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Landmark Legal
Foundation today nominated nationally syndicated radio talk show host Rush
Limbaugh for the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize.
Limbaugh, whose daily radio show is heard by more than 20 million
people on more than 600 radio stations in the United States and around the
world, was nominated for the prestigious award for his "nearly two decades
of tireless efforts to promote liberty, equality and opportunity for all
humankind, regardless of race, creed, economic stratum or national origin.
These are the only real cornerstones of just and lasting peace throughout
the world," said Landmark President Mark R. Levin.
"Rush Limbaugh is the foremost advocate for freedom and democracy in
the world today," explained Levin. "Everyday he gives voice to the values
of democratic governance, individual opportunity and the just, equal
application of the rule of law -- and it is fitting that the Nobel
Committee recognize the power of these ideals to build a truly peaceful
world for future generations."
The Nobel Peace Prize, which is given by a committee of the Norwegian
Storting (the Norwegian Parliament), was created by inventor Alfred Nobel
in his will in 1896 to be given to the individual or organization who
"shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations,
for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding of
peace congresses." The first Nobel Peace Prize was awarded in 1901 to Henry
Dunant and Frederic Passy.
Should Limbaugh become the 2007 Nobel Laureate for Peace, he will
receive the Nobel Peace Prize medal and a cash award of $10 million
Norwegian Kroner (approximately $1.6 million). The prize would be presented
at a ceremony in the Oslo City Hall presided over by King Harald V and
Queen Sonja of Norway on December 10, 2007, the anniversary of Alfred
Nobel's death. As the 2007 Nobel Laureate for Peace, Limbaugh would deliver
the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize Lecture at that ceremony.
Founded in 1976, Landmark Legal Foundation is the leading conservative
public interest law firm in the United States. Rush Limbaugh serves as an
unpaid member of Landmark's Board of Advisors.
February 1, 2007
Professor Ole Danbolt Mjos
Chairman,
Norwegian Nobel Institute
Henrik Ibsens Gate 51
NO-0255
Oslo, Norway

Dear Dr. Mjos:
Landmark Legal Foundation herewith submits the name of Rush Limbaugh as
an unsolicited nomination for the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize.
We are offering this nomination for Mr. Limbaugh's nearly two decades
of tireless efforts to promote liberty, equality and opportunity for all
mankind, regardless of race, creed, economic stratum or national origin. We
fervently believe that these are the only real cornerstones of just and
lasting peace throughout the world.
Rush Limbaugh is a nationally syndicated radio talk show host in the
United States and one of the most popular broadcasters in the world. His
daily radio show is heard on more than 600 radio stations in the United
States and around the world. For 18 years he has used his show to become
the foremost advocate for freedom and democracy in the world today.
Everyday he gives voice to the values of democratic governance, individual
opportunity and the just, equal application of the rule of law -- and it is
fitting the Nobel Committee recognize the power of these ideals to build a
truly peaceful world for future generations.
Thank you for your thoughtful and serious consideration of this
nomination. Should you require additional information, please don't
hesitate to contact me.
Sincerely,

Mark R. Levin
President

SOURCE Landmark Legal Foundation
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/02-01-2007/0004518421&EDATE=

jillian
02-01-2007, 09:29 PM
The Nobel community didn't nominate Limbaugh. As far as I know it was one guy named Mark Levin who doesn't like Al Gore, so threw Limbaugh's name in as part of a giant temper tantrum. But, luckily, the Nobel's are nominated by committee, not by individuals, so the nomination will get the treatment it appropriately deserves.

By the by, what do you think Limbaugh has accomplished that warrants a Nobel nomination? I'm not being facetious. I'm curious.

Insein
02-01-2007, 09:40 PM
About as much as Al Gore or Jimmy Carter. But i wasnt being facetious either. I don't think any of them should be nominated.

Mr. P
02-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Ya know what, it's an honor, or used to be before they gave it to J Carter. It means nothing anymore, I'd turn it down, myself. :pee:

red states rule
02-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Rush has done alot more for the betterment of the world then President Peanut

red states rule
02-01-2007, 09:59 PM
The Nobel community didn't nominate Limbaugh. As far as I know it was one guy named Mark Levin who doesn't like Al Gore, so threw Limbaugh's name in as part of a giant temper tantrum. But, luckily, the Nobel's are nominated by committee, not by individuals, so the nomination will get the treatment it appropriately deserves.

By the by, what do you think Limbaugh has accomplished that warrants a Nobel nomination? I'm not being facetious. I'm curious.

Rush deserves the Nobel Prize because he stands for "liberty, equality and opportunity for all humankind, regardless of race, creed, economic stratum or national origin. These are the only real cornerstones of just and lasting peace throughout the world"

Everyday on his show these are the themes he promotes

Any questions?

Gaffer
02-01-2007, 10:02 PM
I lost all respect for the nobel peace crap when they gave it to carter. They also gave it to arafart, now there's a real peacenik. That organization has no crediblity with me.

red states rule
02-01-2007, 10:05 PM
The only reason Pres Peanut got the award was to insult Pres Bush. Pres Peanut used the award to bash Bush - which is the reason he got it in the first place

red states rule
02-01-2007, 10:43 PM

If Rush wins, and Al Bore loses, will Al demand a recount?