PDA

View Full Version : I just did a thing

STTAB
03-21-2019, 02:50 PM
Didn't really see a forum where this fits, but felt the need to brag a little lol. I just ordered and put a deposit down on an orange 2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body.

Should be here in 8-10 weeks. I've wanted one for quite some time and said "when they make them in orange I'm buying one" Well the day for me to make good on that came, and so I ordered one.

jimnyc
03-21-2019, 02:55 PM
That car is a BEAST! A quick look shows the horsepower to be from 717 - 797

That's gonna be one fast ass car ya got there! Also not cheap! :)

STTAB
03-21-2019, 03:04 PM
That car is a BEAST! A quick look shows the horsepower to be from 717 - 797

That's gonna be one fast ass car ya got there! Also not cheap! :)

I intend to be one of the very few Hellcat owners who doesn't destroy their Hellcat. Average lifespan of a new Hellcat is one fucking month LOL. I'm not a boy racer so this car won't live that life.

jimnyc
03-21-2019, 03:12 PM
I intend to be one of the very few Hellcat owners who doesn't destroy their Hellcat. Average lifespan of a new Hellcat is one fucking month LOL. I'm not a boy racer so this car won't live that life.

Same here. I'd baby her and garage for sure! Of course the car would be going out, but wouldn't be beat on or raced. And yeah, every now and again I would have to feel that power underneath me. :)

LongTermGuy
03-21-2019, 07:55 PM
Didn't really see a forum where this fits, but felt the need to brag a little lol. I just ordered and put a deposit down on an orange 2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body.

Should be here in 8-10 weeks. I've wanted one for quite some time and said "when they make them in orange I'm buying one" Well the day for me to make good on that came, and so I ordered one.

:cool:
https://www.hellcat.org/threads/performance-upgrades-to-hellcat.91417/

^^^^^
*Site...Guys with HellCats talking Forum:dev3:

LongTermGuy
03-21-2019, 08:38 PM
This is the perfect version of the "HellCat" :) **(For some who might not know what this is)

`2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye wide body`

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c775B6rsCZM

darin
03-22-2019, 03:15 AM
I really may never understand just how much money people make to afford cars today. I think I do pretty well - 6 digits - and the thought of spending $75000 or even $40000 on a car today makes me get really really itchy. I think it'd be an albatross - and i LOVE cars. I am a car-guy. I've done my share of track events and autocross; crashed on 4 wheels and 2...but holy shitballs.

Take that hellcat to a track day - get a solid instructor to go with you for awhile. Learn the car. Have fun.

STTAB
03-22-2019, 08:17 AM
I really may never understand just how much money people make to afford cars today. I think I do pretty well - 6 digits - and the thought of spending $75000 or even $40000 on a car today makes me get really really itchy. I think it'd be an albatross - and i LOVE cars. I am a car-guy. I've done my share of track events and autocross; crashed on 4 wheels and 2...but holy shitballs.

Take that hellcat to a track day - get a solid instructor to go with you for awhile. Learn the car. Have fun.

I am very blessed. Between my retirement, my inheritance and my wife's income I'm pretty comfortable. Now mind you, the $85K I'll be in on this car all told is high I don't just go out and spend this sort of cheese on myself every day. My daily driver is a Ford Focus LOL I mean its a 2016 ST model, so it's nice, but it is a Focus.

And yes, we're going to take delivery at a semi local track and have a day with it, because this car is capable of doing things that I won't do on the street lol

LongTermGuy
03-22-2019, 09:47 AM
I am very blessed. Between my retirement, my inheritance and my wife's income I'm pretty comfortable. Now mind you, the $85K I'll be in on this car all told is high I don't just go out and spend this sort of cheese on myself every day. My daily driver is a Ford Focus LOL I mean its a 2016 ST model, so it's nice, but it is a Focus.

And yes, we're going to take delivery at a semi local track and have a day with it, because this car is capable of doing things that I won't do on the street lol

Yes it is a very special car worth keeping....get to know it well. Just driving it normal (most of the time) would be so much fun also...The sound...the look ...its just cool! Enjoy!

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2019, 10:05 AM
Yeah I bought a mid life crisis car too, my 2017 2SS Camaro, 6-speed manual. Nothing near the horse power of the Hell Cat but still enough to do some serious hotroding. Had it for a year, had fun driving it, never even did a smoker burn out with it though, I babied it, but I came to the conclusion that at this point in life, I just wanted ONE good vehicle, so I sold my 1997 GMC collector truck and traded in the Camaro and a Suburban I had on a brand new 2018 Chevy Silverado High Country, and I couldn't be happier. I also lost my ass on the hotrod buying and wheeling and dealing but, I'm really glad I wound up with this new truck. It's got the same 6.2ltr engine the Camaro had in it, except it's only 420hp instead of 455, but it's also got the same magnetic ride sensing, low profile tires and other cool stuff, the High Country is the top of the line, beautiful interior, I do love it. I call it my truck version of the Camaro.

But yeah, we'll need pics of the Hell Cat for sure. 455hp with the traction control ON in the Camaro was a handful. I can only imagine what 800hp would be like... I mean... holy SHIT. One slip of the right foot and it's IN THE DITCH... ;)

darin
03-22-2019, 10:12 AM
My old Miata had 100hp at the wheels. I could burn out EVERYWHERE when I first bought it...Cheap and bald tires makes a car feel like it has lots of power :D

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2019, 11:04 AM
Sweet little hotrod, and I do miss it, especially now that Spring is here and now would be the time to get it out of winter storage... but... I'm just not rich enough to own TWO brand new, high end vehicles, I had to pick one so I picked the practical one...

https://i.ibb.co/7gmBrmQ/20180612-173048.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2019, 11:10 AM
I'm thinking of having the same red stripes painted on this...

https://i.ibb.co/h9zn7pc/20181221-161612.jpg

STTAB
03-22-2019, 11:11 AM
Yeah I bought a mid life crisis car too, my 2017 2SS Camaro, 6-speed manual. Nothing near the horse power of the Hell Cat but still enough to do some serious hotroding. Had it for a year, had fun driving it, never even did a smoker burn out with it though, I babied it, but I came to the conclusion that at this point in life, I just wanted ONE good vehicle, so I sold my 1997 GMC collector truck and traded in the Camaro and a Suburban I had on a brand new 2018 Chevy Silverado High Country, and I couldn't be happier. I also lost my ass on the hotrod buying and wheeling and dealing but, I'm really glad I wound up with this new truck. It's got the same 6.2ltr engine the Camaro had in it, except it's only 420hp instead of 455, but it also got the same magnetic ride sensing, low profile tires and other cool stuff, the High Country is the top of the line, beautiful interior, I do love it. I call it my truck version of the Camaro.

But yeah, we'll need pics of the Hell Cat for sure. 455hp with the traction control ON in the Camaro was a handful. I can only imagine what 800hp would be like... I mean... holy SHIT. One slip of the right foot and it's IN THE DITCH... ;)

I have tons of cars. I've posted pictures here in the past. I'll post some more some time. I have my very first car I ever bought. I was 15. It's a 1969 For Fairlane with the 428 SCJ. It's the 2 dr coupe, not the fastback you usually see. I paid $300 for it. I've restored it , with modifications.

I also have a 1966 Shelby GT350 I bought when I was 17 years old. I'm 47 now, I've put less than 10K miles on that car. Wimbledon white with the Blue Lemans stripes, blue interior.

I also have a 1934 chevy with an LS1 out of a corvette in it, as well as a 31 Vickey with a corvette engine in it.

And a 1971 C10 short wide with the 307 that my grandfather bought brand new and drove until the day he could no longer drive. It's in the process of a frame off right now.

Plus about 30 other assorted vehicles that are just parked out by my barns. Maybe one day I'll get to fixing some of them up too.

Yes, I love my cars.

and trucks.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2019, 11:59 AM
I have tons of cars. I've posted pictures here in the past. I'll post some more some time. I have my very first car I ever bought. I was 15. It's a 1969 For Fairlane with the 428 SCJ. It's the 2 dr coupe, not the fastback you usually see. I paid $300 for it. I've restored it , with modifications.

I also have a 1966 Shelby GT350 I bought when I was 17 years old. I'm 47 now, I've put less than 10K miles on that car. Wimbledon white with the Blue Lemans stripes, blue interior.

I also have a 1947 chevy with an LS1 out of a corvette in it, as well as a 34 Vickey with a corvette engine in it.

And a 1971 C10 short wide with the 307 that my grandfather bought brand new and drove until the day he could no longer drive. It's in the process of a frame off right now.

Plus about 30 other assorted vehicles that are just parked out by my barns. Maybe one day I'll get to fixing some of them up too.

Yes, I love my cars.

and trucks.
Holy CRAP, bro... SWEET!!!

I still have my 2006 Harley Davidson, 35th Anniversary Dyna Super Glide, #0793 of only 3,500 made. I've owned a lot of vehicles in my day and made the mistake of selling probably my favorite of the hotrods, a 1970 AMC, AMX. It had the GO-PACK which was the underrated 375hp, 390, the Borg Warner close ratio 4-speed with a Dana posi rear end. One of only two cars I ever owned with a 4-speed, but that was numbered also. It was like #750 something of only 1900 some made with that particular configuration... and being young and dumb I sold it. Well, I'm not going to make that mistake twice. I'll keep my Harley forever. Being there was only 3,500 of them made, someday it will be worth a small fortune as they become harder and harder to find. Adding to it's value is the fact that Harley doesn't even make the Dyna anymore. I don't ride it much anymore since it only has a tick over 7,000 miles on it. The lower the miles, the more it's worth...

https://i.ibb.co/sbZzWkG/20170727-203557.jpg

Abbey Marie
03-22-2019, 12:01 PM
I’m reading this from my 2010 Hyundai. Which should tell you what I’m interested in spending on a car, haha.
But if you guys would be willing to pony up for a cause, I’ll take a sweet Giulia, thanks! ;)

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2019, 12:08 PM
This car was just TOO FUN to drive. I had dreams about driving this car decades after it was gone, dreams so vivid I'd have to look outside to make sure it wasn't parked out there... :laugh:

You can see the front of my 1970 Caddy Coupe DeVille behind the AMX...

https://i.ibb.co/30ZqPWx/My-70-AMX.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2019, 12:11 PM
I’m reading this from my 2010 Hyundai. Which should tell you what I’m interested in spending on a car, haha.
But if you guys would be willing to pony up for a cause, I’ll take a sweet Giulia, thanks! ;)
Abbs, I could see you in a new Chevy Blazer. They JUST revived the Blazer...

https://i.ibb.co/cYrYzmZ/2019-chevrolet-blazer-review-front-view-red.jpg

STTAB
03-22-2019, 12:11 PM
I didn't think I had any pics on this laptop, but I do.

Here's a couple

SassyLady
03-22-2019, 12:14 PM
Sweet little hotrod, and I do miss it, especially now that Spring is here and now would be the time to get it out of winter storage... but... I'm just not rich enough to own TWO brand new, high end vehicles, I had to pick one so I picked the practical one...

https://i.ibb.co/7gmBrmQ/20180612-173048.jpg

YOU SOLD IT?!!

:crying11:

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2019, 12:20 PM
YOU SOLD IT?!!

:crying11:
I know... :facepalm99:

Traded it in... same thing... unfortunately. I do miss it, but I'm really glad I have the new truck.

Abbey Marie
03-22-2019, 12:29 PM
Abbs, I could see you in a new Chevy Blazer. They JUST revived the Blazer...

https://i.ibb.co/cYrYzmZ/2019-chevrolet-blazer-review-front-view-red.jpg

Thats sooo weird! I used to love Blazers. And just yesterday I thought I spotted a new one, and thought I’d look into it when I go car shopping.

STTAB
03-22-2019, 12:41 PM

Aint nothing wrong with a Hyundai. My brother traded out of his Mercedes 280SLK into a Sonata, he will tell anyone who asks that the 2017 Sonata is a superior car to the Mercedes.

He drives the wheels off that car, over 150K miles on it already and hasn't had a single problem with it. It's getting traded in soon but only because of mileage, and probably for another Hyundai.

STTAB
03-22-2019, 12:44 PM
Thats sooo weird! I used to love Blazers. And just yesterday I thought I spotted a new one, and thought I’d look into it when I go car shopping.

My wife wants a TrailHawk, which is essentially the Hellcat stuffed inside a Jeep Grand Cherokee LOL, we looked at one the other day they START at $90K. She's not that into it. Tne new Blazer looks kinda cool IMO.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2019, 12:46 PM
I've had 3 Blazers, all the older, full sized ones. A 1974, 1975 and 1977. Loved them all. The interior of the new Blazer looks a LOT like the interior of the Camaro.

Abbey Marie
03-22-2019, 12:48 PM
My wife wants a TrailHawk, which is essentially the Hellcat stuffed inside a Jeep Grand Cherokee LOL, we looked at one the other day they START at $90K. She's not that into it. Tne new Blazer looks kinda cool IMO.

Hubby has a regular Grand Cherokee. It’s a nice car, but too big for me. Fits a lot on our trips to NH and Maine. And our daughter really pushes the limit on packing stuff.

Abbey Marie
03-22-2019, 12:50 PM
Aint nothing wrong with a Hyundai. My brother traded out of his Mercedes 280SLK into a Sonata, he will tell anyone who asks that the 2017 Sonata is a superior car to the Mercedes.

He drives the wheels off that car, over 150K miles on it already and hasn't had a single problem with it. It's getting traded in soon but only because of mileage, and probably for another Hyundai.

I agree; I’ve had very good reliability with the Sonata. But when I see all the features in newer cars, I feel like I’m missing out. It’s like donating a perfectly good sweater, just because my eye is wandering to a new one. 😊

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2019, 12:51 PM
Here's another one I'm absolutely KICKING myself for selling, my 1980, 3/4 ton, 4x4 Silverado, LOADED and in great shape. Never, EVER been able to find another "3/4 ton, Silverado, 4x4" like this one, loaded, factory tach, carpeting, 400TH trans, tilt, a/c, pulse windshield wipers, P/W, P/door locks, the works. I wish I could have that truck back now. It was just begging for a 6" lift and a big block transplant, or an LS engine...

https://i.ibb.co/GF90bL8/20141127-144008.jpg

STTAB
03-22-2019, 12:54 PM
Hubby has a regular Grand Cherokee. It’s a nice car, but too big for me. Fits a lot on our trips to NH and Maine. And our daughter really pushes the limit on packing stuff.

I don't even feel like the GC has that much interior space for how big it is. We actually have a Dodge minivan as well and that thing is worth its weight in gold when it comes to making trips with a family.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2019, 01:00 PM
I agree; I’ve had very good reliability with the Sonata. But when I see all the features in newer cars, I feel like I’m missing out. It’s like donating a perfectly good sweater, just because my eye is wandering to a new one. ��
I AGREE about all the features on new cars. I love all the new electronics and gadgets. The Camaro and the new truck have internet. I have to pay for it but it's satellite, and built in navigation, lane departure alert, collision alert and automatic braking, adaptive cruise control, and the list just goes on and on... I love all that stuff, and the new truck doesn't have a "light bulb" on it. It's all LED, even has LED bed lights that are automatic. Open the tailgate and they turn on, and you can set them to either come on or not. The menu for settings goes on and on. Even has active noise suppression. It listens to road noise and omits opposing frequencies, so it's uncanny how silent it is going down the road. You don't hear anything outside, no wind, no tire noise, no anything, and the big Bose sound system with sub woofer sounds awesome. Course those things are common on new vehicles.

STTAB
03-22-2019, 01:07 PM
Here's another one I'm absolutely KICKING myself for selling, my 1980, 3/4 ton, 4x4 Silverado, LOADED and in great shape. Never, EVER been able to find another "3/4 ton, Silverado, 4x4" like this one, loaded, factory tach, carpeting, 400TH trans, tilt, a/c, pulse windshield wipers, P/W, P/door locks, the works. I wish I could have that truck back now. It was just begging for a 6" lift and a big block transplant, or an LS engine...

https://i.ibb.co/GF90bL8/20141127-144008.jpg

I wish I could let vehicles get away lol I have too many and I know it. I have a '63 Impala with a 409 and 4 speed sitting out under a tree down by one my barns, I have standing offers, I just can't do it.

I have a 72 K10 Blazer 4x4 stuffed inside a barn . I have a 70 Road Runner 440 with a six pack I bought way back in high school for $200 the tranny was shot I was gonna get around to putting one it in it one day LOL . I even own a school bus. We were gonna turn into a mobile party unit.

My wife is wonderful as long as I don't give her crap about her shoes she never says squat about my cars other than they aren't allowed in the yard unless she can start them and move them when she wants. The good stuff is all in a heated and air conditioned garage.

I have random people just stop by " I heard you had............." all the time, NONE OF THEM ARE FOR SALE, THEY ARE ALL MINE lol yes even the 2003 sebring convertible with the blown motor. I'll get around to it.

STTAB
03-22-2019, 01:10 PM
I AGREE about all the features on new cars. I love all the new electronics and gadgets. The Camaro and the new truck have internet. I have to pay for it but it's satellite, and built in navigation, lane departure alert, collision alert and automatic braking, adaptive cruise control, and the list just goes on and on... I love all that stuff, and the new truck doesn't have a "light bulb" on it. It's all LED, even has LED bed lights that are automatic. Open the tailgate and they turn on, and you can set them to either come on or not. The menu for settings goes on and on. Even has active noise suppression. It listens to road noise and omits opposing frequencies, so it's uncanny how silent it is going down the road. You don't hear anything outside, no wind, no tire noise, no anything, and the big Bose sound system with sub woofer sounds awesome. Course those things are common on new vehicles.

Yeah and wait until something breaks LOL . My dad has an auto repair business. A big part of his work is front end alignments. Well the new cars with lane departure warnings and all that, that's all ran by lasers, and those have to be aligned to. You need special equipment to do so, last year he upgraded his scanner $2500 for that, and this year he bought the ADAS alignment equipment, that was $10K. So his price on alignments went from $70 to $250 for a newer car with all the gadgets.

Abbey Marie
03-22-2019, 01:10 PM
I wish I could let vehicles get away lol I have too many and I know it. I have a '63 Impala with a 409 and 4 speed sitting out under a tree down by one my barns, I have standing offers, I just can't do it.

I have a 72 K10 Blazer 4x4 stuffed inside a barn . I have a 70 Road Runner 440 with a six pack I bought way back in high school for $200 the tranny was shot I was gonna get around to putting one it in it one day LOL . I even own a school bus. We were gonna turn into a mobile party unit.

My wife is wonderful as long as I don't give her crap about her shoes she never says squat about my cars other than they aren't allowed in the yard unless she can start them and move them when she wants. The good stuff is all in a heated and air conditioned garage.

I have random people just stop by " I heard you had............." all the time, NONE OF THEM ARE FOR SALE, THEY ARE ALL MINE lol yes even the 2003 sebring convertible with the blown motor. I'll get around to it.

You are a collector, and they are all your babies. :salute:

STTAB
03-22-2019, 01:16 PM
You are a collector, and they are all your babies. :salute:

My wife used to say "why don't you sell that old Ford?" and I'd have a story for why I couldn't. Then she'd say "okay how the Chevy down in the calf barn?" Nope , had a story why on that one too. Then she would be "okay well you have stories on what you have now, but what about the ones you keep buying" because honestly those are supposed to be my retirement hobby buy them, fix them up and sell them, and I do some. My problem is I only tend to buy what I would like to own then when it is time to sell them I don't want to LOL. I bought an 05 Vette last year that needed an engine and some body work, had it sold before it was even finished but by the time it was complete I was all "hmmm do I REALLY want to sell this" but the customer was a friend and he insisted LOL

LongTermGuy
03-22-2019, 01:25 PM

In case someone forgot how the Giulia looks...

https://cars.usnews.com/static/images/Auto/izmo/i31351526/2017_alfa_romeo_guilia_angularfront.jpg

STTAB
03-22-2019, 01:32 PM

https://cars.usnews.com/static/images/Auto/izmo/i31351526/2017_alfa_romeo_guilia_angularfront.jpg

For any of you that haven't owned an Italian car before, I don't recommend you change that any time soon. Unless you have lots of money and a dependable daily driver.

But I will own a Ferrari one day LOL

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2019, 01:54 PM

Holy CRAP, brother... good thing we're not neighbors or you'd have me over there all the time DROOLING all over your CARS... :laugh:

I've always been a gearhead, born that way I guess, doubt it will ever end. I'm looking for another project. I'd like a '70 or '71 Camaro. I think that was the best looking muscle car of it's era. I have enough land that I could park a couple hundred cars, but, when I like one I hate to see it sit outside, and I only have a 3 bay shop, and one of those is for my John Deere.

Yeah and wait until something breaks LOL . My dad has an auto repair business. A big part of his work is front end alignments. Well the new cars with lane departure warnings and all that, that's all ran by lasers, and those have to be aligned to. You need special equipment to do so, last year he upgraded his scanner $2500 for that, and this year he bought the ADAS alignment equipment, that was $10K. So his price on alignments went from $70 to $250 for a newer car with all the gadgets.
No need to worry there. I bought a TEN YEAR warranty on the Camaro and was able to transfer that over to the High Country. And I had them do the paint sealer treatment along with the interior, and that warranty is for full replacement on anything in the interior, any rip, any stain, anything, ever, for as long as I own the truck it will be replaced for free.

STTAB
03-22-2019, 02:38 PM
Holy CRAP, brother... good thing we're not neighbors or you'd have me over there all the time DROOLING all over your CARS... :laugh:

I've always been a gearhead, born that way I guess, doubt it will ever end. I'm looking for another project. I'd like a '70 or '71 Camaro. I think that was the best looking muscle car of it's era. I have enough land that I could park a couple hundred cars, but, when I like one I hate to see it sit outside, and I only have a 3 bay shop, and one of those is for my John Deere.

No need to worry there. I bought a TEN YEAR warranty on the Camaro and was able to transfer that over to the High Country. And I had them do the paint sealer treatment along with the interior, and that warranty is for full replacement on anything in the interior, any rip, any stain, anything, ever, for as long as I own the truck it will be replaced for free.

I did my first spark plug change when I was 12. Dad's been doing it for 50 years and pretty much drilled into my head "you don't want to be a mechanic for a living" so I took it up as a hobby instead LOL

Yes, I have a shit load of rusty gold . The first time I brought my wife home and showed her my property she was like "does your family own a junkyard?" and my sister told her "yeah good luck getting him to sell any of those cars, he'd probably sell you first" and she married me anyway LOL. I'm so bad that a few year ago a high school buddy of mine came over and was excitedly telling me about the 68 plymouth satelite he had bought but it was just a 318 in it but he remembered I had a hemi in one of my barns. I didn't even remember having that engine. It was piled in behind some horse tack.

I couldn't in good consience let my friend drive around with only a 318 in that car , so we cleaned up the 426 bulked it out to a 502 and turned his satelite into one bad ass Road Runner clone.

We did almost part ways though, fucker tried to buy my real Road Runner. Friends don't try to buy their friend's Road Runner :laugh:

Abbey Marie
03-22-2019, 03:00 PM

I couldn’t possibly forget my sexy Italian!

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2019, 03:04 PM
I did my first spark plug change when I was 12. Dad's been doing it for 50 years and pretty much drilled into my head "you don't want to be a mechanic for a living" so I took it up as a hobby instead LOL

Yes, I have a shit load of rusty gold . The first time I brought my wife home and showed her my property she was like "does your family own a junkyard?" and my sister told her "yeah good luck getting him to sell any of those cars, he'd probably sell you first" and she married me anyway LOL. I'm so bad that a few year ago a high school buddy of mine came over and was excitedly telling me about the 68 plymouth satelite he had bought but it was just a 318 in it but he remembered I had a hemi in one of my barns. I didn't even remember having that engine. It was piled in behind some horse tack.

I couldn't in good consience let my friend drive around with only a 318 in that car , so we cleaned up the 426 bulked it out to a 502 and turned his satelite into one bad ass Road Runner clone.

We did almost part ways though, fucker tried to buy my real Road Runner. Friends don't try to buy their friend's Road Runner :laugh:
Yeah I got a degree in Electrical Engineering after working on fighter jet avionics in the Air Force for 8 years, then decided that really wasn't my bag so I went to Motorcycle Mechanics Institute in Phoenix for Harley Davidson Tech. I just couldn't get wrenching out of my system, I really enjoy it. I retired from HD a Master Tech at 52. I probably have $100K worth of tools. We used to call each other a TOOL WHORE... yep... that's me... ;)

Here's a custom exhaust job I just did on a friends 1990 Ford F-150 collector. He's put a lot of money is this little truck. Has a balanced and blue printed 302, worked up pretty good but had a super crappy single exhaust on it. I fixed that... added high performance CATS with an X pipe. He's another gear head and thank God he has a LIFT in his shop. He's my electrician buddy...

https://i.ibb.co/sgmh4rw/IMG-0032.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/WtGCqTk/IMG-0027.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/dr1gLBt/IMG-0028.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/TPR15HS/IMG-0033.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/TwF2hzd/IMG-0037.jpg

Abbey Marie
03-22-2019, 03:07 PM
STTAB, as I’ve said previously to Tom, just no Challengers. Or I will be forced to judge harshly, lol.

Just about an hour ago I was third in line at a red light on a normal two way street. At an intersection with a very busy four lane road. Up fast drives a guy in a Challenger in the oncoming traffic lane, past all three of us. Gets to the red light and turns right, in front of the first car at the light. What a ****. But rather unsurprising.

STTAB
03-22-2019, 03:12 PM
Yeah I got a degree in Electrical Engineering after working on fight jet avionics in the Air Force for 8 years, then decided that really wasn't my bag so I went to Motorcycle Mechanics Institute in Phoenix for Harley Davidson Tech. I just couldn't get wrenching out of my system, I really enjoy it. I retired from HD a Master Tech at 52. I probably have $100K worth of tools. We used to call each other a TOOL WHORE... yep... that's me... ;)

Here's a custom exhaust job I just did on a friends 1990 Ford F-150 collector. He's put a lot of money is this little truck. Has a balanced and blue printed 302, worked up pretty good but had a super crappy single exhaust on it. I fixed that... added high performance CATS with an X pipe. He's another gear head and thank God he has a LIFT in his shop. He's my electrician buddy...

https://i.ibb.co/sgmh4rw/IMG-0032.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/WtGCqTk/IMG-0027.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/dr1gLBt/IMG-0028.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/TPR15HS/IMG-0033.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/TwF2hzd/IMG-0037.jpg

That's a clean install bro.

STTAB
03-22-2019, 03:18 PM
STTAB, as I’ve said previously to Tom, just no Challengers. Or I will be forced to judge harshly, lol.

Just about an hour ago I was third in line at a red light on a normal two way street. At an intersection with a very busy four lane road. Up fast drives a guy in a Challenger in the oncoming traffic lane, past all three of us. Gets to the red light and turns right, in front of the first car at the light. What a ****. But rather unsurprising.

The Hellcat I ordered is a Challenger. judge away LOL

Abbey Marie
03-22-2019, 03:23 PM
The Hellcat I ordered is a Challenger. judge away LOL

Rut roh.

:coffee:

(Maybe I meant Charger?)

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2019, 03:27 PM
That's a clean install bro.
'tanks... yeah it was just a bunch of pieces, bends and what not that I had him order, nothing specific for the job. Had to cut and weld it all together to fit. I really enjoy doing that stuff though. It was fun. Didn't charge him a cent even though he offered. Good part is I can use that lift anytime I want. Problem is, now I don't have anything I need to put up on it... :rolleyes:

I built the oil drain unit and the under vehicle stand in the lower right hand corner of the pick of his truck on the lift too.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2019, 03:35 PM
I didn't think I had any pics on this laptop, but I do.

Here's a couple

Is that a Jag rear end?

LongTermGuy
03-22-2019, 09:20 PM
I couldn’t possibly forget my sexy Italian!

Oh Abbey! :)

A fast sexy Italian....Top of the line version is a Twin-Turbo V6 with 505HP...AWD HOOKED Up To a quick shifting Auto....around $70,000 ....and brings one a 3.6 second 0-60

Abbey Marie
03-22-2019, 10:26 PM
Oh Abbey! :)

A fast sexy Italian....Top of the line version is a Twin-Turbo V6 with 505HP...AWD HOOKED Up To a quick shifting Auto....around $70,000 ....and brings one a 3.6 second 0-60

People don’t generally expect this about me, but I try never to be beat off the light. And versus the average car on the road, I usually am not.

:coffee:

STTAB
04-30-2019, 01:29 PM
eh nm

STTAB
04-30-2019, 01:30 PM
eh nm