PDA

View Full Version : Chris Matthews, now a conspiracy theorist

jimnyc
03-27-2019, 07:41 AM
He had to turn to that since the Mueller report doesn't agree with his anger. :rolleyes:

I saw a few others with this already and now this tingling fool - that Trump nominated Barr just for this, to clear him.

Ummmmm, MUELLER just cleared him. Did Trump and Barr set that up too? And what about Rosenstein, who agreed with Barr that no obstruction of justice charges were warranted? Not exactly a Trump friend. Was he involved? Idiots.

And he wonders why it took so long if he was innocent. Did Chris miss the 500 witnesses to be thorough? And the others investigated and/or arrested - for things that took place long before Trump? And the time it takes to get 2,000 warrants? I hated the investigation from beginning to end - but if anything it was quite thorough, and easily explains the time involved.

And now, those of us who are Trump supporters, aka deplorables as per Hillary, and now MSNBC tells it's viewers that America is now a crazy country because we elected Trump.

Yeah, crazy like a fox apparently!

---

Crazy Train: ‘Hardball’ Panel Offers Conspiracies on Mueller Report, Trump as a Dictator

Tuesday’s Hardball saw an opening panel led by host Chris Matthews that showed the desperation of the liberal media following Attorney General Bill Barr’s Sunday letter on the main conclusions of the Mueller report. In roughly 15 minutes, they peddling conspiracy theories that this rollout was conceived of some time ago, that Barr was picked solely to save Trump, and that America’s now a “crazy country” because it elected Trump.

Like far too many of his colleagues in the press trying to still muddy the waters on Trump, Matthews wanted to know why “[i]f the President was so damn innocent, why does it take two years to get cleared of collusion” even though Mueller led “a thorough-going investigation we had to have in this country.”

Sniveling liar and former Obama administration official Ben Rhodes was one of Matthews’s panelists, ruling that he will not “accept the four-page memo of an attorney general” because he “auditioned for the job wrote a memo to Trump saying that the Mueller investigation was discredited.”

It’s safe to say he would accept the findings if it were Eric Holder or Loretta Lynch and move on, but none of his pals run the Justice Department.

Using a rather low bar, Rhodes hit back at the Trump presidency by holding up the Obama White House as more credible because “in eight years, there were zero indictments in our administration” while “[t]his special counsel administration yielded many indictments of people around Trump.” That’s like saying the Obama presidency was scandal-free!

Moments later, Matthews formally launched this conspiracy theory about Barr, Trump, and co. hatching this plan to mislead the world (click “expand”):

MATTHEWS: [I]t seems to me there is some sort of cleverness behind what Trump's up to here and perhaps with the help with Bill Barr. The man he put in as attorney general. Remember how W. claimed the presidency in 2000 real quick and said I won, Gore lost? And he created that sort of reality for a while so that when we went to the recount and always seemed like Gore was the poor loser, even though I think he was being the honest guy of accepting the results of the numbers.

(....)

RHODES: [I]f you watch the last few months, this felt very orchestrated. You know, right after the midterm elections, he fires Jeff Sessions. He puts in place Barr. Again, a man who had written a memo saying the Mueller investigation was not credible....They knew that Bob Mueller plays it straight and he’s silent and that Bob Mueller was just going to file the report and not say anything. And they knew that Congress was not going to see the report right away because they knew it was going to go first to the attorney general's office. So what they would have this window to shape public perceptions of what happened. So, Barr gets this report. Nobody one else has seen it. Barr gets interpret this report to Congress in this four-page memo.

Matthews next presented his evidence-free claim to Congresswoman Val Demings (D-FL), who agreed.

PBS NewsHour White House correspondent and liberal shrill Yamiche Alcindor then jumped in to compare Trump’s behavior as President to those of authoritarian dictators Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong-un (click “expand”):

I would just add this. I wrote a story about two years ago about people that grew up in authoritarian regimes seeing echoes of that in President Trump. He likes these figures like Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong-un. In some ways, they’re the people that say if they lost an election — even if they won an election, I'm going to jail my opponent. I’m going to make sure that these people pay. That's the difference usually between America and third-world countries and other places. And as a result, we see that part of President Trump’s personality coming out after the Mueller report.

Rest - https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/curtis-houck/2019/03/26/crazy-train-hardball-panel-offers-conspiracies-mueller-report-trump