PDA

View Full Version : signs of the time

08-31-2007, 06:36 AM
It always struck me as odd how people will be able to live through the sins before the Second Coming and not realize what was coming. How they would not realize what God was doing and repent.

Well I know now. Everything God does to show the world His power will be blamed on Global warming.

Earthquakes, Temptists, Tsunami, natural destruction of all kind will be blamed on global warming.

The people will be totally blind to whats really happening and why.

diuretic
08-31-2007, 06:53 AM
Several billion people who don't subscribe to that myth will asking, "eh?"

Many thousands of scientists around the world, regardless of their personal religious beliefs, will be working on the objective data they gather.

Probably twenty people will read this thread and wonder what the hell you're on about.

Sometimes I wonder.

LiberalNation
08-31-2007, 07:06 AM
SO gods a terrorist then?

truthmatters
08-31-2007, 07:32 AM
It always struck me as odd how people will be able to live through the sins before the Second Coming and not realize what was coming. How they would not realize what God was doing and repent.

Well I know now. Everything God does to show the world His power will be blamed on Global warming.

Earthquakes, Temptists, Tsunami, natural destruction of all kind will be blamed on global warming.

Will you be disapointed if it doesnt happen in your life time?

08-31-2007, 02:40 PM
Will you be disapointed if it doesnt happen in your life time?

no. Why should I be?

Will you be disappointed if it does?

truthmatters
08-31-2007, 02:47 PM
no. Why should I be?

Will you be disappointed if it does?

No just very very surprised

Hagbard Celine
08-31-2007, 02:59 PM

So we should be cursing God instead of trying to live greener?

Yurt
08-31-2007, 03:34 PM

I trust you are being simplistic in this answer. The reason is much grander than global warming. Sin has been creeping into our lives at very steady rate for thousands of years. With advent of moving pictures the flow can now be literally non stop 24 hours a day. You can't wait in line at the freakin post office without a TV. If I want to workout on stationary equipment, you cannot help but look at the (now) large screen TVs.

I know what you are saying though. But seriously, don't you think that for people growing up today it would be very, very easy to not see the changes around them? Everything is changes by the minute. Hell, just 10 years ago my truck died down probably 5 miles from Ellensburg, WA and I had no cell phone (expensive and new then). I was stranded. Luckily a person with a cell phone stopped and let me call AAA. That was only 10 years ago. I would venture that there is probably no 10 year old who does not own a cell phone.

Yurt
08-31-2007, 03:35 PM
So we should be cursing God instead of trying to live greener?

Sin has its consquences. Live "green" all you want, but ultimately, sin is death. God offers life. Your choice. And He makes it easy for you, you don't have to choose a color.

:)

typomaniac
08-31-2007, 03:39 PM
I trust you are being simplistic in this answer. The reason is much grander than global warming. Sin has been creeping into our lives at very steady rate for thousands of years. With advent of moving pictures the flow can now be literally non stop 24 hours a day. You can't wait in line at the freakin post office without a TV. If I want to workout on stationary equipment, you cannot help but look at the (now) large screen TVs.

I know what you are saying though. But seriously, don't you think that for people growing up today it would be very, very easy to not see the changes around them? Everything is changes by the minute. Hell, just 10 years ago my truck died down probably 5 miles from Ellensburg, WA and I had no cell phone (expensive and new then). I was stranded. Luckily a person with a cell phone stopped and let me call AAA. That was only 10 years ago. I would venture that there is probably no 10 year old who does not own a cell phone.Sounds to me like you'd be much happier if you became an Amish and went to live in their community.

Yurt
08-31-2007, 03:45 PM
Sounds to me like you'd be much happier if you became an Amish and went to live in their community.

You need hearing aids then. Where did I ever say I waaaaaaaant to move? It is what is. The prophecies state that there will be people who survive the end of times.

Sounds like you are truly bothered by anything that could take away from your immoral certainty.

:D

Hagbard Celine
08-31-2007, 03:51 PM
Sin has its consquences. Live "green" all you want, but ultimately, sin is death. God offers life. Your choice. And He makes it easy for you, you don't have to choose a color.

:)

Do you honestly believe that natural disasters and weather phenomenon are punishments from God?

Yurt
08-31-2007, 04:01 PM
Do you honestly believe that natural disasters and weather phenomenon are punishments from God?

No, they are a consequence of sin. God gave us free choice. However, it is an absolute that the opposite of God must be death, for if God is life, then the opposite must be death.

Hagbard Celine
08-31-2007, 04:02 PM
No, they are a consequence of sin. God gave us free choice. However, it is an absolute that the opposite of God must be death, for if God is life, then the opposite must be death.

So...bad weather is a consequence of sin. So...the Earth is punishing us for sinning? I thought God was in charge of that department.

typomaniac
08-31-2007, 04:14 PM
You need hearing aids then. Where did I ever say I waaaaaaaant to move? It is what is. The prophecies state that there will be people who survive the end of times.

Sounds like you are truly bothered by anything that could take away from your immoral certainty.

:D

Not quite; just mildly annoyed by heretics. :coffee:

Yurt
08-31-2007, 05:25 PM
So...bad weather is a consequence of sin. So...the Earth is punishing us for sinning? I thought God was in charge of that department.

Let's take it a step a further:

is your life at this point absolutely everything, I mean to a tee, that you wanted it to be when you were.... say 5-8 years old? Or something like that? Is your life perfect?

Lets start there.

Yurt
08-31-2007, 05:27 PM
Not quite; just mildly annoyed by heretics. :coffee:

Yeah, so much so it causes you to read/hear only what you want to. :thumb: