PDA

View Full Version : Unreal

Abbey Marie
04-01-2019, 09:36 AM
https://youtu.be/lAe8mxvV1fU

jimnyc
04-01-2019, 11:03 AM
The most tolerant group in the world has sure been non-tolerant of pretty much anything and everything they disagree with. They would even harm the 1st if they could, as well as every other amendment.

This is exactly why I laughed and made so many threads, and so many comments over the years, as they have more and more described themselves with empathy and compassion and TOLERANCE more than anyone. Then the infamous 'when they go low we go high" lying BS. I don't think I can recall on more than one hand on a woodshop teacher's hand on how many times they have risen as such to the occasion. Simply disagree and the fight is on, maybe even for your job.

And now the MAGA hats. :rolleyes: Like you said, unreal. Folks being so angry over such a lame thing. Their goal is to try and get rid of them, chastise them into KKK hats and try to make it a symbol of hatred, intolerance and racism. <---- funny thing is, that best describes the left since Trump won office.

And I will be wearing mine proudly. Fuck 'em.

Elessar
04-01-2019, 04:32 PM
It is wrong to single out a student because of political beliefs and do it in public.

However, I also believe it to be wrong wearing any hat in a classroom. That does
not include something worn as a part of a legitimate religious nature.

icansayit
04-01-2019, 05:15 PM
Single out a female student wearing a Hijab?????

How tolerant would he be?

darin
04-04-2019, 02:35 AM
I need more information. Were hats outlawed in the class, according to policy? Did other kids' hat wearing go unenforced?

STTAB
04-04-2019, 09:26 AM
I need more information. Were hats outlawed in the class, according to policy? Did other kids' hat wearing go unenforced?

The guy said "there is a rule against wearing hats " but at the same time, it sounded like maybe it was not uniformly enforced. See, at the school where I am on the school board, our rule is absolute. No , a student, nor a teacher for that matter, could not wear a MAGA hat on campus, but neither could they wear a ANTIFA hat, or whatever. The rule is simple. Clothing , including hats, with any sort of slogan or message are not allowed. We do not allow our teachers the freedom to decide when they will enforce the rule, there is no discretion.

This rule has been in place for years, and we don't have any backlash over it, and I can't even remember the last time a student had to be dealt with anymore than a reminder. "You can't wear that to school" because it starts in K and by the time they are old enough to hold political opinions they understand the rule as well.

The first amendment does not apply here because students and teachers do NOT enjoy their full rights while on campus.

Abbey Marie
04-04-2019, 10:35 AM
The guy said "there is a rule against wearing hats " but at the same time, it sounded like maybe it was not uniformly enforced. See, at the school where I am on the school board, our rule is absolute. No , a student, nor a teacher for that matter, could not wear a MAGA hat on campus, but neither could they wear a ANTIFA hat, or whatever. The rule is simple. Clothing , including hats, with any sort of slogan or message are not allowed. We do not allow our teachers the freedom to decide when they will enforce the rule, there is no discretion.

This rule has been in place for years, and we don't have any backlash over it, and I can't even remember the last time a student had to be dealt with anymore than a reminder. "You can't wear that to school" because it starts in K and by the time they are old enough to hold political opinions they understand the rule as well.

The first amendment does not apply here because students and teachers do NOT enjoy their full rights while on campus.

Yes. Had such a rule been strictly enforced all around, I think that teacher would have had alternate means of dealing with it, i.e., sending him to the principal, detention, whatever. The weak and emotional way he did deal with it indicates he had no actual rule to enforce. Articles and videos are so frustrating as they rarely if ever give the whole story.

LongTermGuy
04-04-2019, 11:09 AM
These same "yes we can" FOOLS... supported the obama / Hillary regime ....and the American people had to go through 8 years of true (anti-white) racism...assault on American values ...with "yes we can" Ignorance and absolute stupidity....

Gunny
04-04-2019, 02:07 PM

The first amendment does not apply here because students and teachers do NOT enjoy their full rights while on campus.Remember when we weren't allowed to wear hats at school AT ALL?

I'm a firm believer in none of that political shit in school. At all, regardless who or what. It's nothing but a distraction from what we are supposed to be sending the kids to school for -- an education.

LongTermGuy
04-04-2019, 02:49 PM
Americans and American kids caint wear a hat that says "make America great again"

..yet...in many schools and places (at one time) they sang for obama (brain washing our kids)...Making all think...the biggest racict and anti-American muslim....was a good man and good for the country....

Screw them...its America`s turn....wear the hat (it has no mention of Trump) just good thoughts for America...:salute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtGrp5MbzAI

Gunny
04-04-2019, 03:12 PM
Americans and American kids caint wear a hat that says "make America great again"

..yet...in many schools and places (at one time) they sang for obama (brain washing our kids)...Making all think...the biggest racict and anti-American muslim....was a good man and good for the country....

Screw them...its America`s turn....wear the hat (it has no mention of Trump) just good thoughts for America...:salute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtGrp5MbzAII'm not arguing that point at all. The double standard is visible at the Lighthouse for the Blind.

My point is the root of the problem. When such behavior was not allowed at all by anyone, none of these petty issues were issues. AND, if such order was ever reinstored, think about who it would affect most. The droolers on the left would lose THEIR political expression/voices on campus. I'm not seeing an issue with that idea :)

STTAB
04-05-2019, 08:05 AM
Remember when we weren't allowed to wear hats at school AT ALL?

I'm a firm believer in none of that political shit in school. At all, regardless who or what. It's nothing but a distraction from what we are supposed to be sending the kids to school for -- an education.

Correct, that's exactly why we passed the rule , that and the fact that part of any education is learning that there are rules that must be followed, whether you like them or not. This is how it starts little Johnny grows up being told he can wear whatever he likes at school and the school better let him or else, and he grows up into big Johnny who can't hold a job, because employers have rules and they don't give a shit if you grew up believing rules didn't apply to you or not.

Abbey Marie
04-05-2019, 11:07 AM
Correct, that's exactly why we passed the rule , that and the fact that part of any education is learning that there are rules that must be followed, whether you like them or not. This is how it starts little Johnny grows up being told he can wear whatever he likes at school and the school better let him or else, and he grows up into big Johnny who can't hold a job, because employers have rules and they don't give a shit if you grew up believing rules didn't apply to you or not.

Yeah, no safe spaces at work. At least so far.