PDA

View Full Version : Ilhan Omar is under investigation for misusing campaign contributions

jimnyc
04-01-2019, 01:05 PM
These new democrat congresswomen appear to need to all go already. Tlaib, Cortez and now this one. If found to have done so, I sure hope someone is finally investigated very thoroughly and arrested if broke the law. And I don't care if it was $100 she stole - it makes her a thief and she should be held accountable.

---

Ilhan Omar is under investigation for misusing campaign contributions

Democratic Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar is facing a probe into her campaign spending after complaints alleged that she misused contributions for personal use, according to a report published on Monday.

The Minnesota Campaign Finance Board is investigating Omar after Minnesota GOP State Rep. Steve Drazkowski filed two complaints alleging she spent nearly $6,000 in campaign funds for personal use while she served in the Minnesota legislature, reported WJLA. Some of the improper expenditures include payments to Omar’s divorce attorney and spending on travel to Boston and Estonia.

“I had observed a long pattern,” Drazkowski told WJLA. “Representative Omar hasn’t followed the law. She’s repeatedly trampled on the laws of the state in a variety of areas, and gotten by with it.”

The campaign finance allegations come on the heels of a separate incident where the freshman congresswoman had to return $2,500 in speaking fees, according to The Pioneer Press. Omar accepted payment from Normandale Community College and Inver Hills Community College in 2017, despite Minnesota House rules barring lawmakers from accepting speaking fees from entities with business at the Legislature.

Authorities have reportedly completed the investigation but have not yet compiled their findings or issued rulings.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/01/ilhan-omar-investigation-campaign/

STTAB
04-01-2019, 01:25 PM
So what really? This is one of those areas where the law just goes overboard ,if you are dumb enough to donate to a politician who spends those donations on personal shit, what business is that of the governments?

And I mean SOMEONE had to pay for her divorce from her brother.