PDA

View Full Version : This is scary.......

Trinity
08-31-2007, 07:17 AM
I'm sorry but this bus driver should be fired, why would you not turn around? Isn't that part of your responsibility as a bus driver, the safety of these children?

Mom Furious After Driver Kicks Son, 5, Off Bus
Driver Suspended Half-Day

POSTED: 7:11 am EDT August 29, 2007
UPDATED: 7:36 am EDT August 29, 2007

GREEN TOWNSHIP, Ohio -- On his second day at a new elementary school, 5-year-old Lucas O’Bryan got an education in survival.

"I can't tell you how overcome I was with fear, anxiety. I was so scared for his life." Jenny O’Bryan said.

Last Thursday afternoon, Lucas hopped on the school bus for the trip home.

But there was a mix up with his paperwork, and after leaving the school, the driver realized Lucas wasn't cleared to ride.

"I wasn't on the list. And they just stopped at someone’s house and kicked me off," he said.

That house was hundreds of yards from the school, on the side of a busy street, in the middle of a strange neighborhood.

His mom said she couldn’t believe the driver didn't just turn around.

"You know there's pedophiles. There are people who probably sit around a school area waiting for a moment like that," O’Bryan said.

As it turns out, the bus driver didn't put Lucas out on the street by himself. She sent a 9-year-old girl out with him, who was supposed to walk Lucas back to school.

"It could have been so much worse and I wish that they could see that," O’Bryan said.

The driver was suspended for half a day then put back on her route. The bus owner told News 5 that the driver has a good record and he's confident she wont make a mistake like this again.

“They act like it's not a big deal they left a 5-year-old kid on the side of the road,” O’Bryan said.

Since the bus company said it isn’t going to fire the driver, O’Bryan said she wants the owner to put someone else on Lucas’ route.

One of his teachers told O’Bryan that Lucas showed up at school in tears, scared that same bus driver is going to leave him on the street again.

The bus company said it hasn't decided whether or not to reassign the driver.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/14000486/detail.html

nevadamedic
08-31-2007, 11:53 AM
Did not clear a 5 year old to ride the bus? What did they then he was going to hijack the bus?

If that were my kid heads would roll.

darin
08-31-2007, 11:56 AM
Big F'ing deal. Really. If the school district didn't have money, the mom wouldn't care. :-/

This is about a mom hoping to profit from the situation.

Trinity
08-31-2007, 01:39 PM
Big F'ing deal. Really. If the school district didn't have money, the mom wouldn't care. :-/

So would you still feel the same way if that were YOUR 5 year old daughter or son?

and where exactly did money come into play....I don't recall reading anything in there about a lawsuit or anything to that effect.

darin
08-31-2007, 02:14 PM
So would you still feel the same way if that were YOUR 5 year old daughter or son?

and where exactly did money come into play....I don't recall reading anything in there about a lawsuit or anything to that effect.

She'll sue. Watch.

And yeah - if my 5 year old gets dropped off a couple hundred yards from school with a 9 year old to walk him back? I'd be okay once the story was told, after the initial panic of him not being on the bus.

Yurt
08-31-2007, 03:50 PM

Hmm, carriers have a higher duty of care than you or I. Once he took the "passenger" his duty of care mandated that he "deliver" her to her destination or take her back. Not kick her off.

What if you had a friend/aquaintance/neighbor take your kid to school, your kid allegedly bothers the driver, he boots her/him a few hundred yards from school. Would that make a difference to you?

Trigg
08-31-2007, 03:55 PM
And yeah - if my 5 year old gets dropped off a couple hundred yards from school with a 9 year old to walk him back? I'd be okay once the story was told, after the initial panic of him not being on the bus.

I'm sorry, but dropping a 5yr old off and having a 9yr old walk him back is irresponsible. The article also says the 9yr old was supposed to walk him back, that is odd wording, makes it sound like the 9yr old didn't do it.

I would have been pissed also.

darin
08-31-2007, 04:00 PM
When I was 5 I was staying home alone for more than an hour. I would walk myself to school - several blocks? half/mile? away, or with a group of other 5-year-olds.

Lessee - the kid was with a 9 year old - 9 year old kids, unless raised by liberals, SHOULD easily have enough brains to walk a 5 year old back to a school. I honestly wouldn't be 'that' upset.

darin
08-31-2007, 04:02 PM
Hmm, carriers have a higher duty of care than you or I. Once he took the "passenger" his duty of care mandated that he "deliver" her to her destination or take her back. Not kick her off.

What if you had a friend/aquaintance/neighbor take your kid to school, your kid allegedly bothers the driver, he boots her/him a few hundred yards from school. Would that make a difference to you?

Circumstance dictates, I suppose.

Yurt
08-31-2007, 04:03 PM
When I was 5 I was staying home alone for more than an hour. I would walk myself to school - several blocks? half/mile? away, or with a group of other 5-year-olds.

Lessee - the kid was with a 9 year old - 9 year old kids, unless raised by liberals, SHOULD easily have enough brains to walk a 5 year old back to a school. I honestly wouldn't be 'that' upset.

Fair enough. But at least you would be 'upset', somewhat.

Edit:

I'm one to talk, I have NO kids. Ha, backseat driver I am...

darin
08-31-2007, 04:04 PM
I would - until I found out the details; and if they were similar to what happened, I wouldn't be TOO upset...not like the lady in the story.

Yurt
08-31-2007, 04:05 PM
I would - until I found out the details; and if they were similar to what happened, I wouldn't be TOO upset...not like the lady in the story.

In case you missed my post:

Fair enough. But at least you would be 'upset', somewhat.

Edit:

I'm one to talk, I have NO kids. Ha, backseat driver I am...

And I agree with the TOO upset.

Trigg
08-31-2007, 08:37 PM

Just going by the odd wording of "the 9yr old was supposed to walk the 5yr old to school".

Now, IF, the 9yr old did indeed walk the younger child to school then I would be less upset. IF......IF....my 5yr old crossed a street by himself...........I'd be pissed and in that principles office that day and camp out until I had some answers.

The driver should have made a U turn and returned the child to the school.

Abbey Marie
08-31-2007, 09:09 PM
IMO, there is no excuse for dumping a 5 year old on the street, 9 year old there or not.

Trinity
09-01-2007, 09:07 AM
IMO, there is no excuse for dumping a 5 year old on the street, 9 year old there or not.

I agree completely!

JohnDoe
09-01-2007, 09:25 AM
this is frightening!!!

my sister was a teacher in miami, (she called it a combat zone)...

anyway, at her school the teachers are the ones that possess the list of students per bus and checking them off before the bus leaves...

one young student missed his bus route, but the bus my sister was responsible for was the next route over and only a block from this child's house, the principle told my sister to put him on this bus and have the bus driver drop him at his house, and that she had already spoken to his mother to let her know what happened....

my sister tried to put him on this bus, and the bus driver(female) refused...my sister insisted, and the next thing you knew this bitch came off the bus and punched my sister....

to make a long story short, my sis followed the rules of reporting such incidents, the union defended their bus driver and she got to keep her job but moved to another school!

what a crock of poop!!! she assaulted my sister!!!! she can't possibly be safe around children with that lack of control!!!

truthmatters
09-01-2007, 09:53 AM
I hope your sister reported it to the police?

JohnDoe
09-01-2007, 09:56 AM
I hope your sister reported it to the police?this was over 10 years ago, and i can't remember? i think the school said they would handle it, but don't remember if the school got the police involved...?