PDA

View Full Version : Woman who fell from Las Vegas roller coaster is ‘double amputee’

jimnyc
04-05-2019, 12:02 PM
I have to wonder how much of her disability factored into this accident, if at all. I'm sorry, but if I own the thing, due to liability reasons, no way I allow a double amputee to get on the ride.

---

Woman who fell from Las Vegas roller coaster is ‘double amputee’

The woman who fell last month from a Circus Circus Adventuredome roller coaster is a “double amputee,” according to records obtained by the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

Clark County spokesman Erik Pappa said he could not specify whether the woman was missing her legs or arms, but he confirmed on Thursday that she had lost her limbs before the fall.

The woman, who is in her mid-20s to early 30s, was ejected from her seat on El Loco, which goes up to 44 mph, sometime between 2:29 p.m. and 2:35 p.m. on March 25, according to the prohibited-use notice placed on the ride after her fall.

Rest - https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/the-strip/woman-who-fell-from-las-vegas-roller-coaster-is-double-amputee-1633357/

Gunny
04-05-2019, 03:57 PM
I have to wonder how much of her disability factored into this accident, if at all. I'm sorry, but if I own the thing, due to liability reasons, no way I allow a double amputee to get on the ride.

---

Woman who fell from Las Vegas roller coaster is ‘double amputee’

The woman who fell last month from a Circus Circus Adventuredome roller coaster is a “double amputee,” according to records obtained by the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

Clark County spokesman Erik Pappa said he could not specify whether the woman was missing her legs or arms, but he confirmed on Thursday that she had lost her limbs before the fall.

The woman, who is in her mid-20s to early 30s, was ejected from her seat on El Loco, which goes up to 44 mph, sometime between 2:29 p.m. and 2:35 p.m. on March 25, according to the prohibited-use notice placed on the ride after her fall.

Rest - https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/the-strip/woman-who-fell-from-las-vegas-roller-coaster-is-double-amputee-1633357/Doesn't the bar on roller coasters come across your lap? I don't recall. Rides don't bother me at all. They also do nothing for me. I usually got on to take a kid that wanted to go.

Anyhoo ... just how much of a lap are you going to have for a lap bar to secure you if your legs or gone? Or your arms. What can you reach out and grab if you need to? Either way, I'd say getting on a roller coaster is a dumbass move on the rider's part, as well as the attendant's part for allowing the person on. I'll take my chances with a lawsuit for discrimination vs one for wrongful death. The payoff for the former is considerably less.