View Full Version : Treasury Secy Mnuchin Calls New Deadline On IRS For Pres. Trump’s Tax Returns ‘Arbitr

Gunny
04-14-2019, 09:23 AM
OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 3:25 PM PT – Sat. April 13, 2019Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin calls House Ways and Means Committee Chair Richard Neal’s new deadline to provide the president’s tax returns “arbitrary.”
Mncuhin made the comment earlier Saturday, and also said the “implications of this” go way beyond a congressional oversight issue.

He also said he wants to keep the IRS from becoming “weaponized” for political gain.
Additionally, Mnuchin did not say whether the Treasury Department would complete it’s legal review of the request by the April 23rd deadline.
In his letter setting the new deadline, Neil warned that failure to comply would be interpreted as a “denial.”
https://www.oann.com/treasury-secy-mnuchin-calls-new-deadline-on-irs-for-pres-trumps-tax-returns-arbitrary/

hope everyone's ready for "Witch Hunt Part Deux". If at first you don't succeed ... come up with another witch hunt to waste time, resources and divert attention. This BS is every bit as ridiculous as the "Russian Collusion" crap. Grasping at straws, looking for any process crime they can to go "A-HA!".

IMO, using one's position to try and screw someone for personal reasons is about as low as one can get. Too bad Obama didn't get the same treatment. Or the Clintons. Or most of the Dems for that matter. Wonder how many could stand up to the scrutiny of the witch hunting left's tactics ...

Gunny
04-14-2019, 09:28 AM
https://www.oann.com/house-ways-and-means-chairman-sets-new-deadline-for-pres-trumps-tax-returns/

If Trump has say over the release of his tax returns -- at the link he states he will not release them while he is under audit -- why does he have to release them at all?

This is something I hate about the US Government and always have. Fuck you. Want my returns? Find them yourself. Legally. I have the same answer for the IRS. Don't sent me a letter telling me to do your f-ing leg work. You have access to my shit. Get it yourself.

Elessar
04-14-2019, 09:38 AM
Grasping at straws is a correct statement.

Tax returns are PII - Personal Intel Information.

IRS can indeed research, but cannot release without the account holder's permission.

I cannot understand the liberal left's obsession with Pres Trump's returns. They only
whine for returns when a Republican is in the White House.

Never saw anyone going after Obama's or Bill Clinton's, did we?
Farkin' sore loser spoiled brat liberal Dems.

Gunny
04-14-2019, 10:56 AM
Grasping at straws is a correct statement.

Tax returns are PII - Personal Intel Information.

IRS can indeed research, but cannot release without the account holder's permission.

I cannot understand the liberal left's obsession with Pres Trump's returns. They only
whine for returns when a Republican is in the White House.

Never saw anyone going after Obama's or Bill Clinton's, did we?
Farkin' sore loser spoiled brat liberal Dems.They tried Russian collusion, and apparently are STILL trying to beat that dead horse. In general, historically speaking, what's the easiest way to bust a rich man? Check his taxes. They seem to try and gravitate naturally to getting over no matter how rich they are.

I've never been into Trump's finances so I can't even begin to guess whether or not he's shady. I WILL however know if the Dems drag something up whether or not it's BS or a real crime.

If the IRS cannot release his finances without his permission, you can guess what I'd tell the Dems if in his shoes. I HATE government over reach and/or abuse of power. With a passion.