PDA

View Full Version : Jeopardy!

Abbey Marie
04-18-2019, 02:28 PM
We never miss this show, and the current champion, James Holzhauer is amazing. His breadth of knowledge is really astounding. I hope he dethrones Ken Jennings, who has turned out have his own case of TDS. ;)

Anyone else watching?

High_Plains_Drifter
04-18-2019, 03:12 PM
Is he the guy I just heard about setting the biggest one day haul ever?

I used to watch it all the time but haven't much lately. Comes on at 4:30PM CDT here.

Pretty boring day here today. Kinda windy and gray sky here, haven't done a dang thing constructive all day except make tartar sauce for Friday fish, so, I might watch it today, or set the DVR to record it.

Abbey Marie
04-18-2019, 04:30 PM
Is he the guy I just heard about setting the biggest one day haul ever?

I used to watch it all the time but haven't much lately. Comes on at 4:30PM CDT here.

Pretty boring day here today. Kinda windy and gray sky here, haven't done a dang thing constructive all day except make tartar sauce for Friday fish, so, I might watch it today, or set the DVR to record it.

Yes, do, you won’t be disappointed.
Btw, these shows were recorded before Alex Trebek was diagnosed with dreaded Pancreatic cancer.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-18-2019, 05:00 PM
Yes, do, you won’t be disappointed.
Btw, these shows were recorded before Alex Trebek was diagnosed with dreaded Pancreatic cancer.
I watched it. I knew quite a few answers, AND I GOT FINAL JEOPARDY. I thought that was easy. "C. King"... as in 'King of the C(sea)'... AQUAMAN... simple... but the two challengers couldn't figure that one out.

Anyway... he's up to $771K..!!! Wow...

icansayit
04-18-2019, 05:45 PM
Finally got disgusted when the local channel started pre-empting it with local basketball, and other UNINTERESTING stuff.

When we were watching, we began to notice more, and more people from Canada, and the Proud...LGBTQ crowd that talked about their husband, who said he wanted to win AND finally get married...both of them....Men were all smiles.

ABC carries it here. Watched for many years, faithfully. LIFE HAS REALLY CHANGED.

Abbey Marie
04-18-2019, 10:18 PM
Finally got disgusted when the local channel started pre-empting it with local basketball, and other UNINTERESTING stuff.

When we were watching, we began to notice more, and more people from Canada, and the Proud...LGBTQ crowd that talked about their husband, who said he wanted to win AND finally get married...both of them....Men were all smiles.

ABC carries it here. Watched for many years, faithfully. LIFE HAS REALLY CHANGED.

That’s a really skewed description of the show. It’s not “out there”; it’s just a really good game show. I guess it’s not for everyone.

Kathianne
04-19-2019, 06:03 AM
Is this the same guy? His old high school is one I subbed at and now hometown of my oldest son's family: https://abc7chicago.com/entertainment/naperville-man-captures-his-11th-straight-win-on-jeopardy/5258528/

Naperville North Alum captures his 11th straight win on Jeopardy!

Abbey Marie
04-19-2019, 01:24 PM
Is this the same guy? His old high school is one I subbed at and now hometown of my oldest son's family: https://abc7chicago.com/entertainment/naperville-man-captures-his-11th-straight-win-on-jeopardy/5258528/

Yes! Small world :cool: