PDA

View Full Version : GOP Candidate Duncan Hunter to Lead Pro-Troop Rally in Carson City

stephanie
08-31-2007, 11:45 PM
woo hoo....wish I could be there...:salute:

Aug 31, 2007 09:59 PM CDT

Also on the Web

GOP Candidate Duncan Hunter to Lead Pro-Troop Rally in Carson City

Duncan Hunter For President Website
http://www.duncanhunter2008.us/

Congressman Duncan Hunter, who serves on the House Armed Services Committee and is a Republican candidate for president, will be coming to Carson City, Nevada to speak at the "Fight for Victory Tour" pro-troop rally.

The event takes place on Monday, September 3rd, 2007 at 9:00 AM at Mills Park in Carson City.

The rally kicks off a historic pro-troop caravan that will travel 4,384 miles across the country. Supporters of Operation Iraqi Freedom will conduct a nationwide caravan along with more than 2-dozen rallies across America calling for continued support of U.S. troops based in Iraq in the days leading up to General David Petraeus' September 15th report to Congress.

The giant pro-troop push is part of an effort by the nation's largest grassroots, pro-troop organization, Move America Forward (website: www.MoveAmericaForward.org) which will lead thousands of supporters in a cross-country effort called the "FIGHT FOR VICTORY TOUR."

We are also asking the public to bring cards & letters that express appreciation and well-wishes for our troops who were injured in the war effort. We will be collecting these at the rally and bringing them to our wounded warriors at Walter Reed Medical Center in Washington, D.C.
http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7014181&nav=8faO

nevadamedic
09-01-2007, 01:08 AM

Also on the Web

Congressman Duncan Hunter, who serves on the House Armed Services Committee and is a Republican candidate for president, will be coming to Carson City, Nevada to speak at the "Fight for Victory Tour" pro-troop rally.

The event takes place on Monday, September 3rd, 2007 at 9:00 AM at Mills Park in Carson City.

The rally kicks off a historic pro-troop caravan that will travel 4,384 miles across the country. Supporters of Operation Iraqi Freedom will conduct a nationwide caravan along with more than 2-dozen rallies across America calling for continued support of U.S. troops based in Iraq in the days leading up to General David Petraeus' September 15th report to Congress.

The giant pro-troop push is part of an effort by the nation's largest grassroots, pro-troop organization, Move America Forward (website: www.MoveAmericaForward.org) which will lead thousands of supporters in a cross-country effort called the "FIGHT FOR VICTORY TOUR."

We are also asking the public to bring cards & letters that express appreciation and well-wishes for our troops who were injured in the war effort. We will be collecting these at the rally and bringing them to our wounded warriors at Walter Reed Medical Center in Washington, D.C.

GOP's Duncan Hunter headed to Carson

A 27-city tour touting U.S. successes in Iraq kicks off Monday in Carson City with a rally and collection of cards and letters for injured troops.

Move America Forward’s “Fight for Victory Tour” is also scheduled to have a speech by Duncan Hunter, ranking member of the House Armed Services Committee and a California Republican representing San Diego County.
The goal is to mobilize national support in advance of Gen. David Petraeus’ mid-September report to Congress on the progress of the war in Iraq.
“We want to get people to focus on Gen. Petraeus and Ambassador (Ryan) Crocker’s report that contrary to the popular misperception we’re actually making a lot of progress on the war on terror,” said Sal Russo, a strategist for the Sacramento-based Move America Forward. “We’ve been defeating al-Qaida decisively. It’s part of the story that gets lost because so much of the story has been focused on how Iraq has been developing its own government, which is slower than we like.”
There’s counter demonstrations planned as well.
“We’re saying, we support the troops and we think the best way to do it is to bring the troops home,” said Lisa Stiller, a member of the Reno Anti-War Coalition.

Read more about this story Saturday in the Reno Gazette-Journal.

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200770831032

I will post the interview I did for the paper as soon as it is put on the web. :dance:

Steph you will be here in spirit!

stephanie
09-01-2007, 01:25 AM
Steph you will be here in spirit!

Thanks Nm...

I'm looking forward to a great report afterwards...:salute:

nevadamedic
09-01-2007, 01:36 AM
Thanks Nm...

I'm looking forward to a great report afterwards...:salute:

You need to help me convince Pale to get his ass there..................

stephanie
09-01-2007, 01:44 AM

No can do....Pale will do whatever he wishes to do....:cheers2:

I will still be looking forward to the reports of the event.....
If you get a chance, say hi to Mr. Hunter for me, tell him we're paying attendion to him, from up in Alaska....:laugh2:

nevadamedic
09-01-2007, 01:55 AM
No can do....Pale will do whatever he wishes to do....:cheers2:

I will still be looking forward to the reports of the event.....
If you get a chance, say hi to Mr. Hunter for me, tell him we're paying attendion to him, from up in Alaska....:laugh2:

I thought you were paying attention to Fred? Make up your mind woman!

Uhhh I thought you wern't in Alaska right now?

stephanie
09-01-2007, 02:00 AM
I thought you were paying attention to Fred? Make up your mind woman!

Uhhh I thought you wern't in Alaska right now?

Both is true...

But, I like Duncan Hunter also...So I'm looking forward to the showdown between Hunter and Thompson

No, I'm not in Alaska at this moment, will be going back in two weeks...
But, if he hears we Alaskans are thinking of him, I think that will be a good thing...

So.......will you do that for me??? or are you gonna sit here and nit pick things???:poke:

JohnDoe
09-01-2007, 06:57 AM
i think duncan hunter is a decent, honorable man....i differ with him, but i do respect him and like him overall....i could accept him as my president, if he did win...(as long as there was a divided gvt, with dem's in congress... ;) )

bullypulpit
09-01-2007, 01:02 PM

Also on the Web

Duncan Hunter...You mean the political whore who, incidentally was Randy 'Duke' Cunningham's political and financial ally...who is under investigation for corruption in office...and presidential candidate?

JohnDoe
09-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Duncan Hunter...You mean the political whore who, incidentally was Randy 'Duke' Cunningham's political and financial ally...who is under investigation for corruption in office...and presidential candidate?
really? i heard about foggio,& rep. jerry lewis but not duncan hunter? maybe i missed something?

nevadamedic
09-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Both is true...

But, I like Duncan Hunter also...So I'm looking forward to the showdown between Hunter and Thompson

No, I'm not in Alaska at this moment, will be going back in two weeks...
But, if he hears we Alaskans are thinking of him, I think that will be a good thing...

So.......will you do that for me??? or are you gonna sit here and nit pick things???:poke:

Im gonna tell him all the women in Alaska want his body :laugh2::salute:

nevadamedic
09-01-2007, 01:28 PM
really? i heard about foggio,& rep. jerry lewis but not duncan hunter? maybe i missed something?

Once again Bully is talking crap about something he has no clue about.

stephanie
09-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Im gonna tell him all the women in Alaska want his body :laugh2::salute:

You do that...:laugh2::cheers2:

truthmatters
09-01-2007, 02:11 PM

I looked and I cant find any investigation. Perhaps you have him confused with someone else?

He did however called Ann Coulter a near great American for saying the Edward's were using their Dead son.

I dont have much respect for that.

stephanie
09-01-2007, 03:55 PM
I looked and I cant find any investigation. Perhaps you have him confused with someone else?

He did however called Ann Coulter a near great American for saying the Edward's were using their Dead son.

I dont have much respect for that.

That is a lie...I saw that interview and that is not what he said...

I don't have much respect for people who twist shit around, to use for their agenda...:(

nevadamedic
09-01-2007, 04:27 PM
You do that...:laugh2::cheers2:

Want me to have him email you? Ill tell him he will have the time of his life, I just tell him to bring you some Geritol for you so you can kep up! :laugh2:

stephanie
09-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Want me to have him email you? Ill tell him he will have the time of his life, I just tell him to bring you some Geritol for you so you can kep up! :laugh2:

Haa...No need for geritol, yet..:dance:

bullypulpit
09-02-2007, 09:36 AM

They were all taking money from the same group of contractors, primarily ADCS. Hunter is also in cahoots <a href=http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/politics/20060605-9999-1m5letter.html>Van Hipp ,</a>of American Defense International. Hipp, BTW was sentenced to 5 years probation, three months of house arrest after he was found guilty of taking illegal campaign contributions in a 1994 bid for congress.

It should also be noted that a staffer of Hunter's inserted language into the November 2006 defense appropriation bill that terminated <a href=http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/03/world/middleeast/03reconstruct.html?ei=5088&en=4215f68174a4018e&ex=1320210000&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&pagewanted=print>the Office of the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction</a> on October 1 of this year. The investigations of that office have led prison terms for US officials in Iraq who were connected to companies like Haliburton, Parsons and others. What did Hunter want to keep from seeing the light of day...? I wonder.

Pale Rider
09-02-2007, 11:16 AM

9:00 AM... to fuckin' early for me man. I'm not thrilled about Hunter anyway.

Now if it was Tancredo... :dance:

nevadamedic
09-02-2007, 10:41 PM
That is a lie...I saw that interview and that is not what he said...

I don't have much respect for people who twist shit around, to use for their agenda...:(

I just did an interview for Channel 2 News. We also got the final preparations ready. The gang from Move America Forward has already arrived in town. Melanie Morgan is awesome and so is Col. Patterson. He actually carried the Nuclear Football around for President Clinton and he said the Clintons are about the mean and nastiest people you will ever meet. He didn't form any opinions about them before he worked for them but by the time he was done he was pretty disgusted with both Bill and Hillary. We have several Liberals and Independants there supporting us as well. Also several mothers who have lost their kids in the war are there to support us.

nevadamedic
09-03-2007, 01:14 PM
The rally went really well! Duncan Hunter was there before us and actually helped us set up! I was really impressed. We had over two hundred people which is good for this area when the typical crowd for an event like this is between 50 and 80. I got interviewed by several news crews and Fox News Radio. I was also offered a position with Duncan Hunters campaign here in Nevada!

Congressman Hunter is about the nicest person you will ever meet. He also can hold a crowd when he speaks it was amazing. Melanie Morgan and LTC. Patterson were awesome when they spoke as well. There also were mothers there speaking whos sons dies in the war, it really brought a tear to your eye.

Not many Dem's showed up to protest us, maybe about 10 or so. They were being pretty obscene when Congressman Hunter and others were speaking. There were screaming profanities and other very disgusting remarks. I am all for protestors but when they get out of line like that on either side it's not appropriate. I am glad I made arrangements with the local Sheriffs Department, they had several officers there and a couple of those rude assholes got arrested for disorderly conduct. :salute:

nevadamedic
09-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Oh yea I almost forgot, Steph I gave him that message for you.

OCA
09-03-2007, 07:00 PM
All a gigantic fucking waste of time, its President Hillary in a shoe in. The writing is already on the wall.

actsnoblemartin
09-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Tancredo is cool too :)

9:00 AM... to fuckin' early for me man. I'm not thrilled about Hunter anyway.

Now if it was Tancredo... :dance:

nevadamedic
09-03-2007, 07:06 PM
All a gigantic fucking waste of time, its President Hillary in a shoe in. The writing is already on the wall.

Supporting our troops is a waste of time?

OCA
09-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Tancredo is cool too :)

Another person with a snowball's chance in hell.

actsnoblemartin
09-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Who do you want to win?

Another person with a snowball's chance in hell.

OCA
09-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Who do you want to win?

None of the assholes running on either side.

I want a nothing held back, pay no attention to the media or polls right wing authoritarian who is solidly hard right economically and socially. None of the fucking lib Repubs that are running fit that bill.

I'm probably voting constitution party............or maybe Democrat just to spite some people on here..........I may campaign for Hillary just out of spite.

actsnoblemartin
09-03-2007, 07:17 PM
You feel that abandoned by the republican party too huh?. They have turned into the go along to get along party.

None of the assholes running on either side.

I want a nothing held back, pay no attention to the media or polls right wing authoritarian who is solidly hard right economically and socially. None of the fucking lib Repubs that are running fit that bill.

I'm probably voting constitution party............or maybe Democrat just to spite some people on here..........I may campaign for Hillary just out of spite.

OCA
09-03-2007, 08:07 PM
You feel that abandoned by the republican party too huh?. They have turned into the go along to get along party.

There are no conservatives anymore, only Republicans.

actsnoblemartin
09-03-2007, 09:52 PM
way to take a dump on everyones joy asshole.

actsnoblemartin
09-03-2007, 09:52 PM
yeah, but why the hell support hillary?.

There are no conservatives anymore, only Republicans.

theHawk
09-04-2007, 08:50 AM

How about naming your choice for Prez and we'll compare the dirty laundry? lol.

theHawk
09-05-2007, 02:47 PM
I guess Bully is unwilling to commit to any Democratic politician....