PDA

View Full Version : FBI Arrests Leader of Militia Group Stopping Illegal Aliens in New Mexico

jimnyc
04-21-2019, 02:29 PM
They were just fine a few days ago. But then the ACLU files a complaint, and now the leader is arrested on lame charges.

It's BS all around. The government (democrats) don't want to work on full border security and don't want to fully enforce our laws, leaving border agents overworked and facilities overflowing. So these guys were helping. I congratulate them on following through on where they saw a problem.

---

FBI Arrests Leader of Militia Group Stopping Illegal Aliens in New Mexico

The FBI on Saturday arrested Larry Hopkins, the leader of the militia group that is stopping ‘asylum seekers’ after they illegally cross over the US border into New Mexico.

Hopkins was arrested shortly after the anti-American ACLU accused the militia group of kidnapping and illegally detaining the aliens.

Reuters reported:

Hopkins, 69, also known as Johnny Horton, was arrested in Sunland Park, New Mexico, on a federal complaint charging him with being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said in a statement.

“We’re not worried about it, he’s going to be cleared,” said Jim Benvie, a spokesman for the United Constitutional Patriots (UCP), blaming his arrest on political pressure from Lujan Grisham.

Hopkins is the “national commander” of the UCP, which has had around half a dozen members camped out on a rotating basis near Sunland Park since late February.

More than 300 ‘asylum seekers’ trying to illegally cross the US border this weekend surrendered to an armed militia of New Mexico citizens comprised of ex-cops and veterans.

This is what happens when the US government doesn’t even uphold its most basic commitment to the American people, to secure the borders from invaders.

The militia then handed over the detained aliens to US border patrol.

The militia immediately came under attack — PayPal and GoFundMe banned the group of armed citizens from being able to raise money.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/04/fbi-arrests-leader-of-militia-group-stopping-illegal-aliens-in-new-mexico/

Elessar
04-21-2019, 03:59 PM
This is wrong in so many ways.

Now, honest citizens are not allowed to protect their property, families, and homeland?
Something is amiss when the ACLU - the judicial arm of the liberals - can over-ride the rights
of bonafide citizens.

Gunny
04-21-2019, 05:01 PM
This is wrong in so many ways.

Now, honest citizens are not allowed to protect their property, families, and homeland?
Something is amiss when the ACLU - the judicial arm of the liberals - can over-ride the rights
of bonafide citizens.Anything that has the ACLU stamped on it is commie bullshit. Just another left wing hate group using the law against itself.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-21-2019, 07:05 PM
What the hell happened to making a CITIZENS ARREST?

The dems don't want this invasion stopped...that's OBVIOUS! Why? Well... not really hard to figure that out...

https://i.ibb.co/kBPd0GD/no-border-walls-no-voter-id-laws-figured-it-out-yet-nancy-pelosi-chuck-schumer.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/Gc21NB8/dem-wall.jpg

LongTermGuy
04-21-2019, 08:13 PM
"FBI Arrests Leader of Militia Group Stopping Illegal Aliens in New Mexico ("Lame Charges")
​(Not the whole Gov)....Somebody in the FBI gave the order...who was it?

TRUMP... find out...look into it...

http://sharedmedia.grahamdigital.com/photo/2016/02/11/Donald-Trump-looking-up-jpg_2173382_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

STTAB
04-23-2019, 11:44 AM
What the hell happened to making a CITIZENS ARREST?

The dems don't want this invasion stopped...that's OBVIOUS! Why? Well... not really hard to figure that out...

https://i.ibb.co/kBPd0GD/no-border-walls-no-voter-id-laws-figured-it-out-yet-nancy-pelosi-chuck-schumer.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/Gc21NB8/dem-wall.jpg

The problem with citizen's arrest is that the average idiotic citizen doesn't realize are rules you have to follow when doing so. For example, you can't be a felon in posession of a firearm simply because you are making a citizen's arrest.

Groups like this aren't helping anyone.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-23-2019, 11:59 AM
"FBI Arrests Leader of Militia Group Stopping Illegal Aliens in New Mexico ("Lame Charges")
​(Not the whole Gov)....Somebody in the FBI gave the order...who was it?

TRUMP... find out...look into it...

http://sharedmedia.grahamdigital.com/photo/2016/02/11/Donald-Trump-looking-up-jpg_2173382_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

The order to arrest the man was very likely given by an obama holdover.
Here we have a citizen group trying to help protect their neighbors, protect decent law abiding citizens of this country and
they are arrested for it.
When groups like this should be praised-- not vilified , condemned , or arrested for helping, if they are staying within legal guidelines and not there engaging in acts to cause trouble.
Only a fool refuses help when is needed and freely offered, IMHO.
Or a liberal/dem in hiding condemn it, IMHO... -TYR

Noir
04-23-2019, 12:15 PM
It's BS all around.

Hopkins, 69, also known as Johnny Horton, was arrested in Sunland Park, New Mexico, on a federal complaint charging him with being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition

Is this man a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition?

Is it “BS” for a someone accused of being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition to be arrested?

Noir
04-23-2019, 12:17 PM
if they are staying within legal guidelines

Is being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition considered “within legal guidelines”?

jimnyc
04-23-2019, 12:44 PM
Is this man a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition?

Is it “BS” for a someone accused of being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition to be arrested?[/I][/COLOR]

I thought my words were fairly clear to comprehend, admittedly I'm not a very complex writer. Did I write any of the above?

Allow me to rehash what I wrote and explain it to you - even though you know what I wrote and meant.

They were just fine a few days ago. But then the ACLU files a complaint, and now the leader is arrested on lame charges.

This part is in reference to the ACLU involvement.... and their was no going after them prior to this. I do believe the leader was arrested on lame charges - as in they received a complaint about the GROUP, so they targeted them and then the leader. He's done no crimes and didn't have any reason to be targeted in the first place. I don't agree with targeting folks for political reasons and then looking for reasons to arrest them. Imagine the police stopping hundreds of people leaving a football game, for example.... and ID'n each and checking for background on each. Wrong! The police shouldn't be targeting people and detaining them and doing background unless they have a legitimate reason to stop someone to begin with. Same idea here, IMO.

It's BS all around. The government (democrats) don't want to work on full border security and don't want to fully enforce our laws, leaving border agents overworked and facilities overflowing. So these guys were helping. I congratulate them on following through on where they saw a problem.

If this was handled correctly over the past 2-3 decades, we likely never get here today. But here we are, billions and billions later, the Dems still obstruct. The border is beyond a mess and hundred of thousands are sneaking their way in. Since the government refuses to enforce, and border agents overwhelmed, citizens got on the lookout to assist. I congratulate them in defending our country when many in congress refuse to do just that.

As for his arrest - OF COURSE its appropriate to arrest a felon committing certain crimes. HOW you get to them is STILL important. They targeted this group for political reasons. If you lived in the US you would know how things work with the ACLU and what they target. No citizen or citizens should be targeted and/or detained for political reasons, and then arrested when they do their searches.

jimnyc
04-23-2019, 12:49 PM
Is being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition considered “within legal guidelines”?

This is what happens when you take snippets of a post in order to go after it, as opposed to posting entire posts without taking them out of context.

As I also stated, and see he is saying - is that this GROUP was targeted. And whether a group, or a single person, they have rights - and the police have guidelines and laws to follow themselves, which I already explained.

How about you address everything else everyone has stated, and not a snippet? And even if the arrest is legit - it doesn't make the Dems obstruction any better, nor the ACLU, nor those involved at the government level that don't like them there - and all of their actions collectively and individually.

STTAB
04-23-2019, 01:17 PM
I thought my words were fairly clear to comprehend, admittedly I'm not a very complex writer. Did I write any of the above?

Allow me to rehash what I wrote and explain it to you - even though you know what I wrote and meant.

This part is in reference to the ACLU involvement.... and their was no going after them prior to this. I do believe the leader was arrested on lame charges - as in they received a complaint about the GROUP, so they targeted them and then the leader. He's done no crimes and didn't have any reason to be targeted in the first place. I don't agree with targeting folks for political reasons and then looking for reasons to arrest them. Imagine the police stopping hundreds of people leaving a football game, for example.... and ID'n each and checking for background on each. Wrong! The police shouldn't be targeting people and detaining them and doing background unless they have a legitimate reason to stop someone to begin with. Same idea here, IMO.

If this was handled correctly over the past 2-3 decades, we likely never get here today. But here we are, billions and billions later, the Dems still obstruct. The border is beyond a mess and hundred of thousands are sneaking their way in. Since the government refuses to enforce, and border agents overwhelmed, citizens got on the lookout to assist. I congratulate them in defending our country when many in congress refuse to do just that.

As for his arrest - OF COURSE its appropriate to arrest a felon committing certain crimes. HOW you get to them is STILL important. They targeted this group for political reasons. If you lived in the US you would know how things work with the ACLU and what they target. No citizen or citizens should be targeted and/or detained for political reasons, and then arrested when they do their searches.

Jim, the fact is this moron got himself arrested. He KNEW he was a felon and he knew that he was putting a spotlight on himself by going to the border. The FBI has a duty to arrest law breakers. I'm sure Lori Laughlin thinks it's no fair that she was targeted and arrested either, as an example.

This is not a situation like we just went through with Trump where we wonder why the hell an investigation was even started to begin with. This guy broke the law.

STTAB
04-23-2019, 01:24 PM
This is what happens when you take snippets of a post in order to go after it, as opposed to posting entire posts without taking them out of context.

As I also stated, and see he is saying - is that this GROUP was targeted. And whether a group, or a single person, they have rights - and the police have guidelines and laws to follow themselves, which I already explained.

How about you address everything else everyone has stated, and not a snippet? And even if the arrest is legit - it doesn't make the Dems obstruction any better, nor the ACLU, nor those involved at the government level that don't like them there - and all of their actions collectively and individually.

This group wanted the spotlight, and they got it. It's really no different than when the ANTIFA bozos go out and do something stupid and when they get arrested they are like "the cops are just picking on us " no stupid, you broke the law and then did something that brought attention to yourself .

If the guy hadn't been a felon is posession of a firearm, no problem.

jimnyc
04-23-2019, 02:29 PM
Jim, the fact is this moron got himself arrested. He KNEW he was a felon and he knew that he was putting a spotlight on himself by going to the border. The FBI has a duty to arrest law breakers. I'm sure Lori Laughlin thinks it's no fair that she was targeted and arrested either, as an example.

This is not a situation like we just went through with Trump where we wonder why the hell an investigation was even started to begin with. This guy broke the law.

My initial thought was in an article yesterday where he claimed he was unarmed and no ammo, but they tried to link him to what others had.

THEN - I looked for the article and found newer articles from today. I change my tune entirely!! Apparently he's been watched for years and tried to plan assassinations, allegedly of Obama and Hillary. I hate both - but no way I condone or support that kind of shit! I was defending those defending our border and of course used the moment to condemn the dems who got us here. I STILL see them as having got us here, and why we can't get things done. And I do applaud actions to assist - but don't care if someone who planned assassinations was arrested. Anyone on their team involved, arrest them as well.

I DO applaud their legal actions on the border. I don't care if they wanted the limelight or not. We know things are overwhelmed, and we know that illegals are still crossing. If folks help - that's great - and the more the merrier IMO. They just need to handle things legally, and coordinate with border officials should they come across anyone. And if, for example, one is seeing carrying a weapon or a large bail of drugs, they can detain those fuckers. But none they come across gets a free ride into the US.

jimnyc
04-23-2019, 02:54 PM
I don't trust the FBI as of lately, so I'll await 100% proof. But appears he got 300000% what he deserved. AND, more importantly, a "reason" to be detained and all the extras.

And then the 2nd bolded portion, about the entire groups activities. Like I said, they should be coordinating and/or following and updating border officials. They cannot detain for minor offenses, but can do the rest. Carrying weapons is one thing, but holding them up at "gunpoint" is wrong, especially if there are women and children involved - which would for the most part show that they are a family and not a "danger". It sounds like the only thing they did right was hand them over to border officials.

But if hundreds at a time, obviously get a hold of border agents and do what you can to keep them from scrambling. Sorry, while I don't respect many of their actions, the illegals still don't deserve to just run free.

Another GOOD thing is that they aren't the only game in town. While not reported about as much, there are other "citizen patrols" down there. The more the merrier. :)

----

Border militia leader has been on FBI radar since 2017 for allegedly plotting assassinations

The leader of an armed militia that’s been detaining migrants at the border was just arrested over the weekend, but he’s been on the FBI’s radar since at least October 2017 for allegedly plotting assassinations, according to federal documents unsealed Monday.

The FBI received a tip in late 2017 that Larry Mitchell Hopkins, who heads the United Constitutional Patriots, claimed he was training his group to assassinate liberal billionaire George Soros, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton because of their “support of antifa,” and was stockpiling guns despite being a felon.

But it wasn’t until antifa began circulating recent videos that showed members of the United Constitutional Patriots carrying out vigilante immigration enforcement at the New Mexico border that the feds decided to pursue charges against Hopkins. The FBI arrested the 69-year-old Sunday for being a felon in possession of a gun.

Videos posted to Facebook showed members of the militia rounding up hundreds of migrants at a time at gunpoint, including many children, forcing them to kneel in the dirt, before turning them over to Border Patrol.

Rest - https://news.vice.com/en_ca/article/597bpq/border-militia-leader-has-been-on-fbi-radar-since-2017-for-allegedly-plotting-assassinations

STTAB
04-23-2019, 03:00 PM
My initial thought was in an article yesterday where he claimed he was unarmed and no ammo, but they tried to link him to what others had.

THEN - I looked for the article and found newer articles from today. I change my tune entirely!! Apparently he's been watched for years and tried to plan assassinations, allegedly of Obama and Hillary. I hate both - but no way I condone or support that kind of shit! I was defending those defending our border and of course used the moment to condemn the dems who got us here. I STILL see them as having got us here, and why we can't get things done. And I do applaud actions to assist - but don't care if someone who planned assassinations was arrested. Anyone on their team involved, arrest them as well.

I DO applaud their legal actions on the border. I don't care if they wanted the limelight or not. We know things are overwhelmed, and we know that illegals are still crossing. If folks help - that's great - and the more the merrier IMO. They just need to handle things legally, and coordinate with border officials should they come across anyone. And if, for example, one is seeing carrying a weapon or a large bail of drugs, they can detain those fuckers. But none they come across gets a free ride into the US.

Unlike others I like to look at all sides of an issue, and these people are NOT helping. All they are doing is adding confusion to an already confused situation.

It may well be that we are beyond repair. But armed felons down rounding up illegal aliens isn't going to help. And I don't even trust these guys' motives either.

jimnyc
04-23-2019, 03:42 PM
Unlike others I like to look at all sides of an issue, and these people are NOT helping. All they are doing is adding confusion to an already confused situation.

It may well be that we are beyond repair. But armed felons down rounding up illegal aliens isn't going to help. And I don't even trust these guys' motives either.

Take out the "felons" doing any work and I have no issue. These roaches crossing our borders are always looking for better and unprotected areas to cross. Anything or anyone that prevents them from being successful is great in my book. Some may not even cross if they see the border being monitored. And if folks do cross, and people down their monitoring call the border officials to come pick them up, I also have no problem with that. One guy or one group doesn't mean all of those monitoring the border are doing anything remotely illegal.

I too look at all sides. Not sure who the unlike others applies to. But I believe any downsides are low. Also why I changed my stance on a hardcore wall and would say I would compromise and work with the dems. I was originally wanting solely a large wall, end to end. But between funding and other issues, to compromise, I think many areas can be secured with what they call the enhanced fencing with technology to back it up.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-23-2019, 04:51 PM
The dude is a nimrod.

STTAB
04-23-2019, 05:31 PM
Take out the "felons" doing any work and I have no issue. These roaches crossing our borders are always looking for better and unprotected areas to cross. Anything or anyone that prevents them from being successful is great in my book. Some may not even cross if they see the border being monitored. And if folks do cross, and people down their monitoring call the border officials to come pick them up, I also have no problem with that. One guy or one group doesn't mean all of those monitoring the border are doing anything remotely illegal.

I too look at all sides. Not sure who the unlike others applies to. But I believe any downsides are low. Also why I changed my stance on a hardcore wall and would say I would compromise and work with the dems. I was originally wanting solely a large wall, end to end. But between funding and other issues, to compromise, I think many areas can be secured with what they call the enhanced fencing with technology to back it up.

The downside is that people just don't bother to educate themselves when they do things like this, it IS legal to make a citizen's arrest, but you have to know the rules and follow them .

This time this guy was arrested for being a felon in possession of a firearm, but it could just as easily turn into a kidnapping charge or even a murder charge if things go wrong, and things ALWAYS go wrong. Just better off staying at home and voting for change, rather than out trying to be a hero.