PDA

View Full Version : About TIME! >BREAKING: White House To TARGET Illegal Alien Money Transfers Out of U.S

LongTermGuy
04-22-2019, 09:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1118980932084609025/P43WX6MH?format=jpg&name=600x314
The White House is planning on targeting the tens of billions of dollars in “remittance payments” sent by illegal immigrants back to their home countries, in the wake of an ongoing migrant flood at the U.S. Southern border, a senior administration official told reporters Tuesday.
The plans to target remittance payments come amid a broader shakeup at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and future executive actions designed to curb illegal immigration. The situation at the southern border has escalated in recent weeks, with thousands of migrants arriving daily to claim asylum."

How big is this flow? A stunning $30 billion annually to Mexico ALONE…
Mexico received the most, at a record $30 billion in 2018….and the three Northern Triangle nations targeted by President Trump’s funding threat over illegal immigration, Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras, "

MORE:

http://www.unitedstatesofindifferences.com/2019/04/breaking-white-house-to-target-illegal.html

Elessar
04-23-2019, 12:26 AM
It certainly is time to focus.

All of this mess created for the past 3 decades will not just disappear.

Get rid of them. They offer nothing to this nation that could not be resolved by using the
homeless and Vets returning home that have no jobs.

Get the fatassed lazy welfare sponges to work for their bread and butter, too.

LongTermGuy
04-23-2019, 01:22 AM
It certainly is time to focus.

All of this mess created for the past 3 decades will not just disappear.

Get rid of them. They offer nothing to this nation that could not be resolved by using the
homeless and Vets returning home that have no jobs.

Get the fatassed lazy welfare sponges to work for their bread and butter, too.

Agree get rid of them....especially the ones that made it through Illegally....Find them...no rush but just find them and get rid of "them"....Illegal ...invading Parasites all of them.

STTAB
04-23-2019, 07:56 AM
I'll believe this when I see it too. I in no way believe Trump is serious about illegal immigration. Even if you discount for the ridiculous way Obama counted people who were turned around at the border before they could enter the US as deportations, you can't ignore the fact that Trump has deported fewer people per year than Obama did.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-23-2019, 09:45 AM
I'll believe this when I see it too. I in no way believe Trump is serious about illegal immigration. Even if you discount for the ridiculous way Obama counted people who were turned around at the border before they could enter the US as deportations, you can't ignore the fact that Trump has deported fewer people per year than Obama did.
That's because of this new asylum BS, and the catch and release the demtrash put in place.

STTAB
04-23-2019, 10:23 AM
That's because of this new asylum BS, and the catch and release the demtrash put in place.

Oh bull, it's been two years and ICE is doing less than they were under Obama. That's just facts. There was some truth to calling Obama the Deporter in Chief.

And if Trump were serious about illegal immigration, rather than it just being a talking point for him, why hasn't he done a damn thing to start deporting people who have overstayed their visas? He never even talks about them.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-23-2019, 12:06 PM
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/1/19/18123891/state-of-the-union-2019-immigration-facts

US Border Patrol officers in Tijuana, Mexico, on December 2, 2018. Photo illustration
by Javier Zarracina/Vox; Atilgan Ozdil/Anadolu Agency/Getty

By the numbers: how 2 years of Trump’s policies have affected immigrants
The people directly harmed can be counted. The indirect effects can’t be.
By Dara Lind and Javier Zarracina Updated Feb 5, 2019, 4:38pm EST
As Donald Trump gives his 2019 State of the Union speech, marking the completion of two years of his term, he’s done more to crack down on immigrants — both those seeking to come and those already here — than most presidents have done in four or eight.

Trump’s bombastic rhetoric on immigration and his stubborn insistence on building barriers along the US-Mexico border has distinguished him from his predecessors and led to a political realignment.

But the Trump administration’s impact on immigrants’ lives goes far beyond rhetoric and political fights.

Under Trump, the departments of Homeland Security (which oversees Customs and Border Protection and Immigration and Customs Enforcement), Justice, and State have all taken steps to reduce the number of immigrants coming to the US — and make the lives of those who are already here more precarious.

More than 4000 people were sleeping in this tent encampment in Tijuana on November 23, 2018, hoping for political asylum in the US. Omar Martinez/Picture Alliance via Getty Images
Refugee admissions have plummeted, while rejections of asylum applications have increased. Arrests of immigrants without criminal records have returned to the levels of the first term of the Obama administration, while Trump works to make hundreds of thousands more immigrants vulnerable to deportation, by stripping them of protections under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program or Temporary Protected Status. And the travel ban quietly churns on.

We can’t do a full accounting of the lives that have been touched by Trump’s immigration crackdown. But here’s an attempt to start.

Enforcement: Immigration arrests per day have soared since 2016
“If you’re here illegally,” Trump’s first head of ICE, Tom Homan, told Congress in 2017, “you should be afraid.”

President Trump stands with Border Patrol agents in McAllen, Texas, on January 10, 2019. Jim Watson/AFP/Getty Images
The Trump administration hasn’t engaged in the mass deportations Trump recklessly promised as a presidential candidate. It’s still working to reverse the de-escalation of the last two years of the Obama administration, and return to the “deporter-in-chief” levels of President Obama’s first term. But its policy of arresting and detaining as many unauthorized immigrants as possible is making its mark. Any way you slice it, more immigrants are more at risk than they were the day before Trump arrived.

436: The average number of daily immigration arrests under Trump between February 2017 and September 2018, including immigrants with and without criminal records, up from 300 in 2016, according to ICE statistics. Of that 436, an average of 139 arrests were of immigrants without criminal records, up from 47 in 2016.

44,631: The average daily population of people in ICE custody, as of October 20, an apparent record. It’s also about 4,000 more people than Congress has authorized ICE to keep at a time under current funding levels. That’s up from 34,376 in fiscal year 2016 (October 2015-September 2016), the pre-Trump record for detention.

Lets have some facts and not ignorant and lame opinions shall we??? ..-Tyr

jimnyc
04-23-2019, 03:26 PM
I agree that more can be deported, and that some areas are lacking. But I disagree that Trump isn't serious. He tried to work the aisle more than most would. He tried to reach many resolutions with the Dems that would account for many in the country already. But no matter what he does regarding the border - the dems want to fight him on it.

But he shut down the government. He got some funding after fighting for nearly 2 years. He go the pentagon to switch over funding to this project. If anything, I think he should be more forceful and just get things done. But he can't do that without help. He's gotten improvements across many areas, or upgrades. Then the dems are taking the whole thing to court. Even when he finds a solution, they won't allow him to do it. But the plan is still the same and the fight is ongoing - and I think he easily wins that court case when it comes as the president simply DOES have the power he is trying to use for emergency purposes. The finally, if/when it gets out of court, it's game on and build.

I really don't see a reason to believe he's not true and working towards these goals, honestly. But I suppose we'll all know in the end if he gets the funding.

I also agree going towards the remittances, which is something Trump spoke of also on the campaign trail often.

Do this and it will deter many in the future. KILL the employers found involved with illegals with major fines and/or prison. That also will deter many in the future. MANY as they come here for financial reasons. Kill as many routes as you can that are reasons for them to come here, and that will diminish the numbers in the future. And whatever is left? They should be deterred when they CANNOT cross our border as there will be a wall in their way or enhanced fencing to thwart their illegal ways.

STTAB
04-23-2019, 05:37 PM
I agree that more can be deported, and that some areas are lacking. But I disagree that Trump isn't serious. He tried to work the aisle more than most would. He tried to reach many resolutions with the Dems that would account for many in the country already. But no matter what he does regarding the border - the dems want to fight him on it.

But he shut down the government. He got some funding after fighting for nearly 2 years. He go the pentagon to switch over funding to this project. If anything, I think he should be more forceful and just get things done. But he can't do that without help. He's gotten improvements across many areas, or upgrades. Then the dems are taking the whole thing to court. Even when he finds a solution, they won't allow him to do it. But the plan is still the same and the fight is ongoing - and I think he easily wins that court case when it comes as the president simply DOES have the power he is trying to use for emergency purposes. The finally, if/when it gets out of court, it's game on and build.

I really don't see a reason to believe he's not true and working towards these goals, honestly. But I suppose we'll all know in the end if he gets the funding.

I also agree going towards the remittances, which is something Trump spoke of also on the campaign trail often.

Do this and it will deter many in the future. KILL the employers found involved with illegals with major fines and/or prison. That also will deter many in the future. MANY as they come here for financial reasons. Kill as many routes as you can that are reasons for them to come here, and that will diminish the numbers in the future. And whatever is left? They should be deterred when they CANNOT cross our border as there will be a wall in their way or enhanced fencing to thwart their illegal ways.

That's another point Jim, Has Trump ordered anyone to focus on employers ? No, Shit one company in Texas had what 2300 employees arrested in one raid a few weeks ago, and NO ONE from the company was arrested ? The company was unaware , I doubt that they were, and I REALLY doubt that any investigation was done to come to that conclusion. Someone in that company had to be in on it when over half of their work force is illegal aliens.

Hell Jim, on my Facebook right now there is a woman who is advertising for "under the table cash jobs" with instruction to meet at X store on Monday morning work all week get paid cash no questions asked, she's been doing this for at least 2 years and only the dumbest of us, and I mean Maxine Waters level dumb, doesn't understand exactly who she is hiring and why and nothing has ever been done to her and I know for fact that several people have reported her, and I doubt she is the only person on Facebook who is just so outright blatant about it because there are no consequences.

jimnyc
04-23-2019, 05:47 PM
That's another point Jim, Has Trump ordered anyone to focus on employers ? No, Shit one company in Texas had what 2300 employees arrested in one raid a few weeks ago, and NO ONE from the company was arrested ? The company was unaware , I doubt that they were, and I REALLY doubt that any investigation was done to come to that conclusion. Someone in that company had to be in on it when over half of their work force is illegal aliens.

Hell Jim, on my Facebook right now there is a woman who is advertising for "under the table cash jobs" with instruction to meet at X store on Monday morning work all week get paid cash no questions asked, she's been doing this for at least 2 years and only the dumbest of us, and I mean Maxine Waters level dumb, doesn't understand exactly who she is hiring and why and nothing has ever been done to her and I know for fact that several people have reported her, and I doubt she is the only person on Facebook who is just so outright blatant about it because there are no consequences.

Been like that for decades before Trump took office. I too wish he would enact tougher shit. As it is, idiots want to defund ICE and get rid of them AND homeland security. A LOT needs fixing. IF they ever actually did work in congress, and LOOKED for actual solutions, things may get done. But fuckin A, get rid of ICE and DHS? Talk about being at opposite ends of the spectrum!

Elessar
04-23-2019, 06:30 PM
Several years back in Arcata CA (a liberal and hippie haven), ICE and Customs raided a farm and
arrested 139 illegals. Then the owners were arrested, the place shut down, and the owners fined.

The liberals in Arcata were furious! They would rather have the illegals in the fields than the several
hundred street beggars that stood at intersections begging for money. Should put their asses to
work cultivating flowers instead of pissing, shitting, and filling the streets with needles and trash.

STTAB
04-24-2019, 09:55 AM
Been like that for decades before Trump took office. I too wish he would enact tougher shit. As it is, idiots want to defund ICE and get rid of them AND homeland security. A LOT needs fixing. IF they ever actually did work in congress, and LOOKED for actual solutions, things may get done. But fuckin A, get rid of ICE and DHS? Talk about being at opposite ends of the spectrum!

Oh, the Dems are nuts, no doubt. And yes , things have been like that for decades, but tell the truth given that EVERYONE knows that busting more people who employ these illegal aliens would reduce the number of people willing to hire them and thus give them less incentive to come here in the first place didn't you expect Trump to really amp that area of enforcement up once he took office? I know I did.

jimnyc
04-24-2019, 10:04 AM
Oh, the Dems are nuts, no doubt. And yes , things have been like that for decades, but tell the truth given that EVERYONE knows that busting more people who employ these illegal aliens would reduce the number of people willing to hire them and thus give them less incentive to come here in the first place didn't you expect Trump to really amp that area of enforcement up once he took office? I know I did.

Well, ya gotta find them first. I honestly can't defend or condemn laws or guidelines as to what happens to such businesses when caught. But I know what they SHOULD do of course! Then you have people crying bloody murder everytime ICE is witnessed anywhere.

But yeah, if me, I make major changes in fines and punishments and announce to the world. Folks employing say over 5 illegals - I say like $50k fine for EVERY employee that is illegal. Shut down anyone with over 5 and also have prison consequences at some level. You know it would never pass anywhere of course, they are "voters" to some.

STTAB
04-24-2019, 10:08 AM
Well, ya gotta find them first. I honestly can't defend or condemn laws or guidelines as to what happens to such businesses when caught. But I know what they SHOULD do of course! Then you have people crying bloody murder everytime ICE is witnessed anywhere.

But yeah, if me, I make major changes in fines and punishments and announce to the world. Folks employing say over 5 illegals - I say like $50k fine for EVERY employee that is illegal. Shut down anyone with over 5 and also have prison consequences at some level. You know it would never pass anywhere of course, they are "voters" to some.

But that's the thing Jim, the law already calls for all of that. Federal prosecutors have simply for decades declined to prosecute. That is 100% fixable by a President, all he has to do is tell the Attorney General "change this policy and start prosecuting " . That's the sort of thing I expected Trump to do. Changing existing law, not a whole lot Trump can do there, Congress has to act. But enforcing EXISTING law, why that he COULD do, then of course if Congress doesn't like it, they can change the law.

jimnyc
04-24-2019, 11:00 AM
But that's the thing Jim, the law already calls for all of that. Federal prosecutors have simply for decades declined to prosecute. That is 100% fixable by a President, all he has to do is tell the Attorney General "change this policy and start prosecuting " . That's the sort of thing I expected Trump to do. Changing existing law, not a whole lot Trump can do there, Congress has to act. But enforcing EXISTING law, why that he COULD do, then of course if Congress doesn't like it, they can change the law.

Honest request - can you please post for me the laws/guidelines that dictate fines or anything else regarding employing illegals? I can't find hard data.

But what I do find, which isn't government stuff, shows that penalties can be. These DO seem pretty stiff, but I don't hear much about them being applied.

-Criminal and civil fines - doesn't say how much
-Loss of business license
-First offenders can be fined $250-$2,000 per illegal employee.
-For a second offense, the fine is $2,000-$5,000 per illegal employee.
-Three or more offenses can cost an employer $3000-$10,000 per illegal employee. A pattern of knowingly employing illegal immigrants can mean extra fines and up to six months in jail for an employer.

This does not include “harboring” illegal immigrants, or employing ten or more illegal immigrants in one year. Harboring an illegal immigrant can lead to ten years of prison time.

Additionally, employers should be aware of the Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act. Employers can be sued under the act for hiring illegal immigrants, and can face large settlement deals.

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/penalties-for-employers-hiring-illegal-immigrants.html

STTAB
04-24-2019, 01:55 PM
Honest request - can you please post for me the laws/guidelines that dictate fines or anything else regarding employing illegals? I can't find hard data.

But what I do find, which isn't government stuff, shows that penalties can be. These DO seem pretty stiff, but I don't hear much about them being applied.

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/penalties-for-employers-hiring-illegal-immigrants.html

Here's the actual code Jim

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324a

This law has been in effect since Nov of 1986, and you'd be hard pressed to find 50 people who have been charged I'd bet.

Gunny
04-24-2019, 02:18 PM
Y'all must not live on the border. This has been a hot topic around here since as far back as I can recall. Even IF bust, it's a wrist-slapper for the employer. Fact is, they can afford to get caught and most consider it just part of the risk of doing business. If they'd slam the Hell out of these employers it isn't going to stop illegal immigration. Nothing will. But I bet it would put one Hell of a dent in the number of people willing to risk it if they risk losing everything.

Here's one example of what goes on daily, and I have seen it first hand. Subcontractor hires labor. He's a US citizen. For rough construction work (unskilled labor), half the wetbacks can't speak English and most are illegals. The Contractor buffers himself from the law with the subcontractor, and pretends he didn't know when his ass is all over the job site every day. You couldn't "not know".

The subcontractor pays in cash and the wetbacks go home with the money once a month or so. If they get caught and deported, they're back on the job within a month. They aren't paying taxes nor providing any other support to the social infrastructure in the communities where they work. They'll shack up as many as they can in one apt, and they split cost right down to the loaf of bread.

I'm serious. You get behind them (they swarm the stop-n-robs like locusts in Suburbans) in line and one gets the bread, one gets the cheese, one the lunch meat, one gets the ice, one the sodas/water etc. Every morning. They hit the beer coolers the same way on the way home. That's just one group. Now multiply it by the thousands.

And THAT is life in South Texas on any given workday.

STTAB
04-24-2019, 02:42 PM
Y'all must not live on the border. This has been a hot topic around here since as far back as I can recall. Even IF bust, it's a wrist-slapper for the employer. Fact is, they can afford to get caught and most consider it just part of the risk of doing business. If they'd slam the Hell out of these employers it isn't going to stop illegal immigration. Nothing will. But I bet it would put one Hell of a dent in the number of people willing to risk it if they risk losing everything.

Here's one example of what goes on daily, and I have seen it first hand. Subcontractor hires labor. He's a US citizen. For rough construction work (unskilled labor), half the wetbacks can't speak English and most are illegals. The Contractor buffers himself from the law with the subcontractor, and pretends he didn't know when his ass is all over the job site every day. You couldn't "not know".

The subcontractor pays in cash and the wetbacks go home with the money once a month or so. If they get caught and deported, they're back on the job within a month. They aren't paying taxes nor providing any other support to the social infrastructure in the communities where they work. They'll shack up as many as they can in one apt, and they split cost right down to the loaf of bread.

I'm serious. You get behind them (they swarm the stop-n-robs like locusts in Suburbans) in line and one gets the bread, one gets the cheese, one the lunch meat, one gets the ice, one the sodas/water etc. Every morning. They hit the beer coolers the same way on the way home. That's just one group. Now multiply it by the thousands.

And THAT is life in South Texas on any given workday.

And the law, which I posted a link to, is clear that contractor is guilty of a crime, Hiring a sub contractor who then hires illegals is still breaking the law. Because as you point out, that contractor knows, and that is exactly why they use a sub contractor.

I expected Trump to come in and crack skulls. But instead he's without question let some on the right convince him that going after employers isn't good.

Gunny
04-24-2019, 08:09 PM
And the law, which I posted a link to, is clear that contractor is guilty of a crime, Hiring a sub contractor who then hires illegals is still breaking the law. Because as you point out, that contractor knows, and that is exactly why they use a sub contractor.

I expected Trump to come in and crack skulls. But instead he's without question let some on the right convince him that going after employers isn't good.I agree with your first paragraph. Not sure on the second.

I'm not by any stretch going to go down in history as President Trump's greatest fan. However, the incidences I was thinking of while posting my response occurred on GWBs watch. It's institutionalized graft and I don't think you can point a finger at any one person.

FTR, I have stated for years on whatever message boards I was on that if they'd nail the Hell out of the employers it would solve part of the problem. There is no one, single way to stop illegal immigration to even a trickle. It has to be attacked from both ends. Police the border AND dry up the reason for illegals wanting to come here.

Elessar
04-25-2019, 12:40 AM
I agree with your first paragraph. Not sure on the second.

I'm not by any stretch going to go down in history as President Trump's greatest fan. However, the incidences I was thinking of while posting my response occurred on GWBs watch. It's institutionalized graft and I don't think you can point a finger at any one person.

FTR, I have stated for years on whatever message boards I was on that if they'd nail the Hell out of the employers it would solve part of the problem. There is no one, single way to stop illegal immigration to even a trickle. It has to be attacked from both ends. Police the border AND dry up the reason for illegals wanting to come here.

I guess STAAB did not listen to what I wrote back on #11. That happened when GWB was in office.

I do not need to be versed on Immigration Laws. I learned them from Maritime Law Enforcement training.
We had to know them as well as BATFE laws.

STTAB
04-25-2019, 07:40 AM
I guess STAAB did not listen to what I wrote back on #11. That happened when GWB was in office.

I do not need to be versed on Immigration Laws. I learned them from Maritime Law Enforcement training.
We had to know them as well as BATFE laws.

I wasn't "versing" you . Jimmy asked me to show him the actual law.

The people who need "versing" are in DC. That's the saddest thing, our own "leaders" either don't know, or don't care about the damn laws of the country they are ruling.

SassyLady
04-30-2019, 06:02 PM
I worked for a vineyard management company in California about 10 years ago that hired illegals. However, on paper they were not illegals. Every single one filled out an I-9 and provided legal identification. Every single one had a Social Security card and ID.

So, we did exactly what we were required to do. They were paid by check and taxes were taken out and forwarded to government entities. At the time we were not required to use the EVerify program.

I believe the ones that came back every year were here legally. I firmly believe those that didn't come back used forged documents. It would take IRS about 2 years to match up the names on payroll reports with 1040s and ask us for current info so they could track down those that didn't file. By then they were no longer employed.

My employers corporate attorney said we were not legally required to use EVerify. It's up to states to mandate.

STTAB
05-01-2019, 08:55 AM
I worked for a vineyard management company in California about 10 years ago that hired illegals. However, on paper they were not illegals. Every single one filled out an I-9 and provided legal identification. Every single one had a Social Security card and ID.

So, we did exactly what we were required to do. They were paid by check and taxes were taken out and forwarded to government entities. At the time we were not required to use the EVerify program.

I believe the ones that came back every year were here legally. I firmly believe those that didn't come back used forged documents. It would take IRS about 2 years to match up the names on payroll reports with 1040s and ask us for current info so they could track down those that didn't file. By then they were no longer employed.

My employers corporate attorney said we were not legally required to use EVerify. It's up to states to mandate.

E verify and the Real ID Act have both been on the books for over a decade and still not been fully enacted because neither party really wants to pay more than lip service to illegal immigration.