PDA

View Full Version : 21 Days and A Wake Up

Bilgerat
04-28-2019, 10:23 AM
That's how long I have to wait till we get to our summer home

Here's where we'll be staying https://www.acresofwildlife.com/Default.aspx

My lady and I have been accepted as work campers. This will greatly reduce our costs allowing us to stay in Maine for the summer.

:dance::dance::dance:So more time with the children and grandchildren this year :dance::dance::dance:

Elessar
04-28-2019, 10:29 AM
That sounds like a good deal!

I worked in a campground in NJ during the summers while I was in college.
Main job was a lifeguard, but also did a lot of maintenance -painting, septic fields,
grounds and road grading.

Bilgerat
04-28-2019, 10:42 AM
That sounds like a good deal!

I worked in a campground in NJ during the summers while I was in college.
Main job was a lifeguard, but also did a lot of maintenance -painting, septic fields,
grounds and road grading.

My lady will (in all probability) be working in the office or in the store, I'll be Evening Security, prowling about. (A job my wife says I'm clearly good at) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

jimnyc
04-28-2019, 11:29 AM

My lady and I have been accepted as work campers. This will greatly reduce our costs allowing us to stay in Maine for the summer.

I basically grew up at various campgrounds. Camped my whole life. Dad had us in our various trailers all over the east coast from as far back as I can remember. I remember our "Wilderness" camper the most, with 2 bunk beds in the back, and of course being the youngest I owned the top right bunk in the back, sleeping with the ceiling like 8 inches above my head - and loved it!!! Couldn't wait to go. I think that's why I loved Alaska and the cabin so much, back to nature and roots.

I wish I could get me another trailer, or even better a bus style or winnebago type, where we can trade off driving and I can get access to the back at all times. My Dad had an awesome one up until he moved from SC to Florida, and sold it for like $50k. We were thinking of buying it, but where n the world would we park in off season? Either store at a campground and take chances, or find a place local - and in NY you pay for everything!

Anyway, that place looks great! Would love to try that campground too! So long as peace and quiet in the evening can be found and enjoy nature and quiet!

Abbey Marie
04-28-2019, 02:20 PM

:dance::dance::dance:So more time with the children and grandchildren this year :dance::dance::dance:

Sounds wonderful!

We will be further north where Russ’ family is from in Belgrade Lakes. But def not all summer. :(

Bilgerat
04-28-2019, 02:24 PM
Sounds wonderful!

We will be further north where Russ’ family is from in Belgrade Lakes. But def not all summer. :(

Wow, that is "up there". Definitely nice country tho :salute:

Abbey Marie
04-28-2019, 02:28 PM
Hey Jim, since Alaska is too far to go often, you should consider Maine. I think you would love it, and you are a few hours closer than I am. You don’t even have to deal with the GW and the Cross Bronx! jimnyc

Elessar
04-28-2019, 05:11 PM
My lady will (in all probability) be working in the office or in the store, I'll be Evening Security, prowling about. (A job my wife says I'm clearly good at) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I did some gate security too. All I had was the butt end of a pool cue with a lanyard screwed into it with an eye-screw.
Still have that thing after all of these years. It stayed in my truck for long trips so I'd have something handy.