PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Eric Swalwell makes embarrassing constitutional gaffe

jimnyc
05-01-2019, 05:02 PM
Hell, this is something that even I knew off the top of my head. This is why one knows EXACTLY what they're talking about before speaking publicly and/or denouncing something as such. :rolleyes:

---

Rep. Eric Swalwell makes embarrassing constitutional gaffe

California Congressman and 2020 Democratic hopeful Eric Swalwell took a lot of grief on Twitter for advocating on behalf of an equal rights amendment to the Constitution.

But it wasn’t advocacy that was mocked; it was his knowledge of the document he wants to amend — a document he, as a member of Congress, swears an oath to “support and defend.”

“Do you know how many times the word ‘Woman’ is mentioned in the Constitution? Zero. That is unacceptable. Women must be equally represented and equally protected. #ERANow,” Rep. Swalwell tweeted Tuesday night.

Swallwell is correct in mentioning that the word “woman” is not mentioned at all in the Constitution. What he left out of his argument the fact that the word “man” does not appear in its language, either.

https://i.imgur.com/TC17yGd.png

By Tuesday evening, Swalwell’s post had been “ratioed,” meaning it received more mocking comments than it did likes or retweets, by a margin of three-to-one.

Earlier in the day, Swalwell had a much better received tweet on the subject of the ERA, saying, “Women’s rights are human rights. It’s as simple as that. #ERANow”

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/01/swalwell-constitution-gaffe/

icansayit
05-01-2019, 05:34 PM
Where, in the U.S. Constitution are the words...."Separation of Church and State?"

ZERO as well, but the dumb dems always declare it is!

SWALLOW-WELL is full of BS.

Separation Of Church And State
https://www.allabouthistory.org/separation-of-church-and-state.htm
Separation of Church and State - The Metaphor and the Constitution
"Separation of church and state" is a common metaphor that is well recognized. Equally well recognized is the metaphorical meaning of the church staying out of the state's business and the state staying out of the church's business. Because of the very common usage of the "separation of church and state phrase," most people incorrectly think the phrase is in the constitution. The phrase "wall of separation between the church and the state" was originally coined by Thomas Jefferson in a letter to the Danbury Baptists on January 1, 1802. His purpose in this letter was to assuage the fears of the Danbury, Connecticut Baptists, and so he told them that this wall had been erected to protect them. The metaphor was used exclusively to keep the state out of the church's business, not to keep the church out of the state's business.

STTAB
05-02-2019, 08:26 AM
Swallwell should be an honorary member of the Congressional Black Caucus aka the dumbest collection of human beings on the planet

CSM
05-02-2019, 08:34 AM
Swallwell should be an honorary member of the Congressional Black Caucus aka the dumbest collection of human beings on the planet

Oh he is well beyond that.... he is a member of the DNC which clearly gives the Black Caucus a run for the title of "dumbest"

STTAB
05-02-2019, 09:05 AM
Oh he is well beyond that.... he is a member of the DNC which clearly gives the Black Caucus a run for the title of "dumbest"

Oh, I beg to differ my friend. Democrats in Congress in general are not stupid. Evil? Yes. Stupid? No. But EVERY member of the Congressional Black Caucus is stupid. It's as if they take an IQ test and if your iQ is triple digits you can't join.

NEVER confuse the Dishonesty of people like Pelosi, and Schumer, and Gillibrand and all the others with stupidity. They know EXACTLY what they are doing, and I would argue that they are in fact FAR smarter than most Republicans in Congress. They outsmart them at every turn.

But the Congressional Black Caucus, yeah a bunch of idiots.

Oh, and this doesn't apply to the general Democrat voter base either. Most of them are Petey level stupid, which just proves the elected Democrats are smart. They have purposely created a stupid voter base which supports them no matter what.

CSM
05-02-2019, 09:38 AM
Oh, I beg to differ my friend. Democrats in Congress in general are not stupid. Evil? Yes. Stupid? No. But EVERY member of the Congressional Black Caucus is stupid. It's as if they take an IQ test and if your iQ is triple digits you can't join.

NEVER confuse the Dishonesty of people like Pelosi, and Schumer, and Gillibrand and all the others with stupidity. They know EXACTLY what they are doing, and I would argue that they are in fact FAR smarter than most Republicans in Congress. They outsmart them at every turn.

But the Congressional Black Caucus, yeah a bunch of idiots.

Oh, and this doesn't apply to the general Democrat voter base either. Most of them are Petey level stupid, which just proves the elected Democrats are smart. They have purposely created a stupid voter base which supports them no matter what.

Good point. I submit however that not ALL stupidity resides within the Caucus... there is still lots of it within the DNC and (as you point out) within their "base".

STTAB
05-02-2019, 09:52 AM
Good point. I submit however that not ALL stupidity resides within the Caucus... there is still lots of it within the DNC and (as you point out) within their "base".

100%. I'm saying those who actually RUN the DNC. They aren't stupid. Dishonest? Yes. UNTRUSTWORTHY? Yes. Criminals? Yes. but not stupid.

The REAL reason they are so mad at Trump is simply because they are use to outsmarting and bullying Republicans and Trump is smarter than them AND a bigger bully than them, and they hate him for it.

That's the truth my man. They are used to being the school yard bully and just like any bully they don't like it when they get pushed around.

CSM
05-02-2019, 10:00 AM
100%. I'm saying those who actually RUN the DNC. They aren't stupid. Dishonest? Yes. UNTRUSTWORTHY? Yes. Criminals? Yes. but not stupid.

The REAL reason they are so mad at Trump is simply because they are use to outsmarting and bullying Republicans and Trump is smarter than them AND a bigger bully than them, and they hate him for it.

That's the truth my man. They are used to being the school yard bully and just like any bully they don't like it when they get pushed around.

No argument from me on this. They are indeed bullies. Everything they are doing right now is nothing but bullying. Just like the school kid bully when he/she finds out they can't bully the new kid, they try to bully anyone associating with him/her.

STTAB
05-02-2019, 10:14 AM
No argument from me on this. They are indeed bullies. Everything they are doing right now is nothing but bullying. Just like the school kid bully when he/she finds out they can't bully the new kid, they try to bully anyone associating with him/her.

And how do you stop a bully? You don't hand over your lunch money day after day after day hoping that one day they will on their own stop taking it from you. No, you punch that bully in the nose as hard as you can. Too bad most Republicans in Congress are either stupid, pussies or secretly in agreement with Dems on a host of issues which are not good for this country.

CSM
05-02-2019, 10:18 AM
And how do you stop a bully? You don't hand over your lunch money day after day after day hoping that one day they will on their own stop taking it from you. No, you punch that bully in the nose as hard as you can. Too bad most Republicans in Congress are either stupid, pussies or secretly in agreement with Dems on a host of issues which are not good for this country.

When it comes down to basics, both Republicans and Democrats are all about staying in power. They don't give a rat's ass about anything else and they will say (and sometimes actually "do") anything to stay in power.

STTAB
05-02-2019, 10:41 AM
When it comes down to basics, both Republicans and Democrats are all about staying in power. They don't give a rat's ass about anything else and they will say (and sometimes actually "do") anything to stay in power.

100% correct.

And they all know that they can rely absolutely on the stupid partisan bases they have built for themselves to vote for them in any case because they either don't know what's going on, or they don't care.

Why are term limits for a President, but not for Congress? Just as an example.