this year.

And now the President is pulling our border agents away from
their assigned task of protecting our border and asking them
to volunteer to build the fence!

Maybe the President ran out of money? Not quite. Hunter says
that there should be $800 million available from the Fence
Act to build the fencing.

Even at the estimated $3 million per mile, that's 266
miles of fence funding -- which would be a great start.

+ + What we're doing and how you can help

Don, Grassfire is committed to winning this
battle -- to building on our momentum of defeating the
Bush-Kennedy amnesty bill and exerting grassroots pressure
until the fence is actually built.

That's why we are re-launching our "Where's The Fence?"
campaign. We reached 30-35 million people with this campaign
during the amnesty debate. Now we want to take it one step
further.

Our partners at Rapid Response Media are working on our
new TV spot featuring those nice three ladies standing
at the border looking for the fence. Wait till you see
how these ladies respond to the President's lack of
progress on building the fence!

I expect to be able to show you this ad as soon as next week.
But right now, I really need your help.

Will you make a gift right now to help Grassfire re-launch
our "Where’s The Fence?" campaign at this critical time?
Go here:

http://www.grassfire.org/23042/offer.asp?rid=<Erid#>

+ + Our gift to you: "Where's The Fence?" mailing labels

If you can make a gift of ANY AMOUNT, I will send you Grassfire's
"Where's The Fence?" mailing labels. Several team members asked
us to create mailing labels so they can put this message on their
letters. We thought it was a great idea and now they are available.

Go here to request your mailing labels:

http://www.grassfire.org/23042/offer.asp?rid=<Erid#>

Don, Duncan Hunter is right. It's time to put some
pressure on the President and Congress to actually build the
fence. 17.9 miles is pathetic! And the greatest nation in the
world should not be pulling our border agents off the line as
fence construction volunteers!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Steve Elliott, President
Grassfire.org

P.S. I posted Duncan Hunter's letter to President Bush in the
forums on FireSociety. Go here to read the letter:

http://www.firesociety.com/forum/thread/16893/?src=111

Gaffer
09-01-2007, 10:18 PM
They just can't find enough illegals willing to do the work. They might have to hire...ummm Americans.

nevadamedic
09-01-2007, 10:20 PM
They just can't find enough illegals willing to do the work. They might have to hire...ummm Americans.

Why not get prisoners to do it, it would be cheaper.

Swarm
09-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Hey NM, how high is the fence supposed to be? And is the fence gona be equipped with any detection equipment to help BP respond to attempts at climbing it?

nevadamedic
09-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Hey NM, how high is the fence supposed to be? And is the fence gona be equipped with any detection equipment to help BP respond to attempts at climbing it?

Was I talking to you?

Swarm
09-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Oh I am so sorry to bother you with a question, are you unable to answer it? I am honestly curious, because it seems that a simple fence would not deter them from crossing, that's all.

nevadamedic
09-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Oh I am so sorry to bother you with a question, are you unable to answer it? I am honestly curious, because it seems that a simple fence would not deter them from crossing, that's all.

It would slow them down.

Swarm
09-01-2007, 10:41 PM
TY for answer.

actsnoblemartin
09-02-2007, 12:19 AM
Pay me 10$ an hour, I will build the fence. I bet you many unemployed americans, would jump at the chance to earn 10$ an hour to help build a fence, that will help keep freeloaders/criminals out of our country.

Unless the modern day democratic party wants to pay for 8-20 million illegal aliens medicare, medicaid and social security.

I know the truth is racist (sarcasm) but you still cant escape its reality. Calling all left wing liberals, and members of the senate who are in the democratic party and leftwing, reality is calling, please pick up the phone.

actsnoblemartin
09-02-2007, 12:23 AM
you are right that a fence alone would not deter them, we need to lock up employers who hire them, church members who give them sanctuary, and anyone else, who gives them aid, or comfort. After all, if you aid or a bet a criminal, you go to jail, and if thats not the case, it certainly should be. Those who actively help illegal aliens, that go beyond just thinking its ok, are endorsing criminal activity, and harming the u.s., giving aid to people of foreign countries, sounds like they should be treated as treasonous americans, for americans who help illegals, once they are in america, whether they are employer, clergy, or average joe.

nevadamedic
09-02-2007, 12:26 AM
you are right that a fence alone would not deter them, we need to lock up employers who hire them, church members who give them sanctuary, and anyone else, who gives them aid, or comfort. After all, if you aid or a bet a criminal, you go to jail, and if thats not the case, it certainly should be. Those who actively help illegal aliens, that go beyond just thinking its ok, are endorsing criminal activity, and harming the u.s., giving aid to people of foreign countries, sounds like they should be treated as treasonous americans, for americans who help illegals, once they are in america, whether they are employer, clergy, or average joe.

Anyone helping an illegal should be charged with Aiding and a Bedding a felon.

actsnoblemartin
09-02-2007, 12:49 AM
I :salute: you, and your statement. It should be a felony to enter illegally, and to hire an illegal, give housing to an illegal, give sanctuary to an illegal, or any aid and comfort, charge them with that, and treason.

Anyone helping an illegal should be charged with Aiding and a Bedding a felon.

nevadamedic
09-02-2007, 12:54 AM
I :salute: you, and your statement. It should be a felony to enter illegally, and to hire an illegal, give housing to an illegal, give sanctuary to an illegal, or any aid and comfort, charge them with that, and treason.

It is a Felony to enter and be here illegally................... Also almost all of them use fake id's and social security cards and birth cirtificates to obtain different things which is a couple more Felonies.

actsnoblemartin
09-02-2007, 12:55 AM
You should hear geraldo, such a fucking idiot. He is the biggest illegal sympathizer ever. I hate that guy.

It is a Felony to enter and be here illegally................... Also almost all of them use fake id's and social security cards and birth cirtificates to obtain different things which is a couple more Felonies.

nevadamedic
09-02-2007, 01:00 AM
You should hear geraldo, such a fucking idiot. He is the biggest illegal sympathizer ever. I hate that guy.

He's on Fox news.

actsnoblemartin
09-02-2007, 07:04 AM
And your point is what?. he is still a retard.

I dont care if he's on al jazeera english, he's still a tard

He's on Fox news.

Gaffer
09-02-2007, 01:40 PM
I have always hated geraldo. I always thought he was over hyped. He's a lawyer who couldn't make it in a law practice and went into TV commentary.

bullypulpit
09-02-2007, 05:56 PM
The fence is an immobile barrier that can be gone around...or under. It is no solution. Fining and/or imprisoning those who employ illegals UNDER CURRENT LAW should be the first step in a comprehensive border control policy, and when illegals can't find jobs, they'll look elsewhere.

The fence is a feel good, quick band-aid fix that opportunistic politicians are pandering in order to look like they're doing something when they're actually not doing a damn thing and it will have the added benefit of costing FAR more in tax-payer dollars than it is worth.

And, fer cryin' out loud, one of the firms contracted to build the damn thing was <a href=http://uncooperativeblogger.wordpress.com/2007/01/02/border-fence-contractor-busted-for-hiring-illegal-aliens%E2%80%A6for-the-third-time/>busted for hiring illegals</a> not once...But TWICE. Ahhh the irony of it all.

Sock Puppet
09-02-2007, 06:01 PM
I think the wall will be a great deterent from stopping those who would cross the border. I look forward to it finally getting built.

Pale Rider
09-02-2007, 06:07 PM
The fence is an immobile barrier that can be gone around...or under. It is no solution. Fining and/or imprisoning those who employ illegals UNDER CURRENT LAW should be the first step in a comprehensive border control policy, and when illegals can't find jobs, they'll look elsewhere.

The fence is a feel good, quick band-aid fix that opportunistic politicians are pandering in order to look like they're doing something when they're actually not doing a damn thing and it will have the added benefit of costing FAR more in tax-payer dollars than it is worth.

And, fer cryin' out loud, one of the firms contracted to build the damn thing was <a href=http://uncooperativeblogger.wordpress.com/2007/01/02/border-fence-contractor-busted-for-hiring-illegal-aliens%E2%80%A6for-the-third-time/>busted for hiring illegals</a> not once...But TWICE. Ahhh the irony of it all.

Ya know the reality of what affect a fence will or won't have is a little different than what you purport bully. The fence they built down my San Diego cut illegal entry by a whopping 95%. Sounds to me like a fence will work a lot better than what you're saying. Not that I disagree with the other things you say we should do, because that is also most urgently needed.

Pale Rider
09-02-2007, 06:10 PM
I think the wall will be a great deterent from stopping those who would cross the border. I look forward to it finally getting built.

Didn't mean to jumped all over your shit in the other thread, but you're just a cherry here, and you have no idea what's been going on here and you stuck your nose in when you don't know what's going on. I'd advise you just sit back and learn a little more about the board and the people here before you do that again.

nevadamedic
09-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Didn't mean to jumped all over your shit in the other thread, but you're just a cherry here, and you have no idea what's been going on here and you stuck your nose in when you don't know what's going on. I'd advise you just sit back and learn a little more about the board and the people here before you do that again.

I talked with Sock on Yahoo and explained about Obama to him.

Pale Rider
09-02-2007, 06:14 PM
I talked with Sock on Yahoo and explained about Obama to him.

I hope sock is a fast learner.

Sock Puppet
09-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah... NM told me about what happened.

I really don't care for Obama either... just thought that some of the stuff being posted in that thread was vicious. But he had no right to call either of you pedophiles either.

badger
09-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Anyone helping an illegal should be charged with Aiding and a Bedding a felon."Aiding and a bedding?" You mean that such a person should be charged with aiding and going to bed with a felon? Rude. Perhaps you are not completely illiterate and actually meant to type "aiding and abetting."

Sock Puppet
09-02-2007, 08:11 PM
"Aiding and a bedding?" You mean that such a person should be charged with aiding and going to bed with a felon? Rude. Perhaps you are not completely illiterate and actually meant to type "aiding and abetting."
We all make typos at one time or another. It happens to the best of us.

nevadamedic
09-02-2007, 08:17 PM
We all make typos at one time or another. It happens to the best of us.

He's just an ass.

badger
09-02-2007, 08:31 PM
He's just an ass.So pointing out your stupidity deserved yet another neg rep from you? Pardon me for making fun of "a bedding." But even you must admit it was crazy stupid. And it was no typo. Anyway, that's 2 neg reps from you in the past 24 hrs. You've got one more to go to tie water rescue. Nice company you keep.

bullypulpit
09-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Ya know the reality of what affect a fence will or won't have is a little different than what you purport bully. The fence they built down my San Diego cut illegal entry by a whopping 95%. Sounds to me like a fence will work a lot better than what you're saying. Not that I disagree with the other things you say we should do, because that is also most urgently needed.

But you know where they went don't you? They went elsewhere...you know where there's no fence. It's just like when a city decides to do something about the homeless. Rather than actually address the issues of the homeless they just have the police harass them until they leave their regular haunts and move to another part of town. It's just a band-aid, but the politicians get to say they did something about the homeless problem when they didn't really do shit. The border fence is the same thing.

actsnoblemartin
09-03-2007, 09:56 PM
or your just the spelling police

"Aiding and a bedding?" You mean that such a person should be charged with aiding and going to bed with a felon? Rude. Perhaps you are not completely illiterate and actually meant to type "aiding and abetting."