PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods Ripped For Accepting Trump’s Presidential Medal Of Freedom Honor

jimnyc
05-06-2019, 12:59 PM
This is pretty funny.

And many many many on the left will agree with folks ripping him, and it somehow takes away from his legacy? WTF? For getting such an award?

OR is it because of WHO he is receiving it from.

Now, a little tidbit of knowledge - Obama set the record for the most of these medals being handed out, and no one found a reason to complain back then, and tons of them were sports figures. Obama handed them out like they were pieces of bubble gum.

They just want anything to bitch about. :rolleyes:

Tiger is arguably the best golfer to ever play the game. No argument saying that he is one of the top 5 ever.

---

Tiger Woods Ripped For Accepting Trump’s Presidential Medal Of Freedom Honor

He is, arguable, the greatest golfer who ever lived.

But Tiger Woods is being criticized for accepting an award from the president of the United States — And the Presidential Medal of Freedom ceremony doesn’t even happen until Monday at 6 p.m.

“It sullies everybody,” Rick Reilly, the author of “Commander in Cheat: How Golf Explains Trump,” told the New York Times. He added that accepting the award “puts a big stain on Tiger.”

“Tiger Woods is obviously a very talented golfer,” Aaron Scherb, the director of legislative affairs for Common Cause, a watchdog group, also told the Times. Trump awarding him the Medal of Freedom “shows he’s willing to use any tool of government to benefit his business and political allies,” Scherb said.

Shortly after the award was announced LAST MONTH, Reilly wrote on Twitter: “How can TigerWoods accept the Presidential Medal of Freedom from a man who thinks golf should only be for the rich? “Where you aspire to join a club someday, you want to play, (so) you go out and become successful.” … Bull. If that were true, there’d BE no Tiger Woods.”

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/05/tiger-woods-ripped-for-accepting-trumps-presidential-medal-of-freedom-honor/

STTAB
05-06-2019, 01:18 PM
Did I miss something? When did Trump do ANYTHING that led anyone to believe that he thinks golf should be only for the rich?

Golf is a rich man's sport, always has been, well okay not rich, but poor people can't afford it. I play in Branson MO, hardly a wealthy enclave of any sort and most courses are anywhere from $60-250 a round depending on when you want to play. I guess that's Trump's fault.
I fucking hate liberals, they are the scum of the Earth.

jimnyc
05-06-2019, 01:24 PM
Did I miss something? When did Trump do ANYTHING that led anyone to believe that he thinks golf should be only for the rich?

Golf is a rich man's sport, always has been, well okay not rich, but poor people can't afford it. I play in Branson MO, hardly a wealthy enclave of any sort and most courses are anywhere from $60-250 a round depending on when you want to play. I guess that's Trump's fault.
I fucking hate liberals, they are the scum of the Earth.

They make up many things. And then talk about it so much that they believe their own lies in the end.

STTAB
05-06-2019, 01:40 PM
They make up many things. And then talk about it so much that they believe their own lies in the end.

They don't believe a word they say. They just know their very stupid voter base will.

Noir
05-06-2019, 04:42 PM
I don’t see how this could sully Woods any more than his treatment of his wife did.

jimnyc
05-06-2019, 06:47 PM
I don’t see how this could sully Woods any more than his treatment of his wife did.

No more than Bill Clinton or Teddy Kennedy who killed someone. Hardcore Democrat activists in Meryl Streep, Robert Deniro, Barbra Streisand, Bruce Springsteen. And of course the beloved Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney & Bill Clinton. And many more likely.

Sometimes folks can have great achievements and also have some skeletons in their closets. And some will be pointed out while some will be ignored. :dunno:

jimnyc
05-06-2019, 06:52 PM
Speaking of, just noticed it on Yahoo headlines...

---

Donald Trump awards Presidential Medal of Freedom to 'true legend' Tiger Woods

On Monday, President Donald Trump awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Tiger Woods.

Trump announced that the White House would bestow Woods with the nation’s highest civilian honor after Woods won the Masters in April, completing a remarkable career comeback for his 15th major title and first since 2008.

Woods accepted the invitation and received the award at a ceremony in the White House Rose Garden Monday evening. He becomes the fourth golfer to receive the award, joining Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer and Charlie Sifford.

Trump awards ‘true legend’ Tiger Woods

“It is my privilege to award our nation’s highest civilian honor to one of the the greatest athletes in the history of sports, Tiger Woods,” Trump said in the Rose Garden ceremony. “Tiger, congratulations on receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom.”

Trump acknowledged Woods’ caddie Joe LaCava, who was sitting in the audience, before touting Woods’ accolades in a thorough account of Woods’ career, giving a detailed recap of his career achievements.

“This evening, we are in the presence of a true legend, an extraordinary athlete who has transformed golf and achieved new levels of dominance,” Trump said. “He’s also a great person. He’s a great guy.

“Tiger introduced countless new people to the sport of golf from every background and from every walk of life. … Tiger Woods is a global symbol of American excellence, devotion and drive.”

Trump: Woods ‘remembers the good stuff’

Trump briefly alluded to Woods’ career and personal downfall that includes his public divorce from wife Elin Nordegren and ensuing struggles on the course for years that preceded his comeback capped by last month’s win at Augusta.

“He’s got a great memory, this guy,” Trump said while looking at Woods. “He remembers the good stuff, which is really important. Not the bad.”

Woods gets emotional

An emotional Woods addressed the attendees at the Rose Garden, who included family and supporters and gave him a standing ovation.

Rest - https://sports.yahoo.com/donald-trump-awards-presidential-medal-of-freedom-to-true-legend-tiger-woods-224534861.html

STTAB
05-07-2019, 08:00 AM
Speaking of, just noticed it on Yahoo headlines...

---

Donald Trump awards Presidential Medal of Freedom to 'true legend' Tiger Woods

On Monday, President Donald Trump awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Tiger Woods.

Trump announced that the White House would bestow Woods with the nation’s highest civilian honor after Woods won the Masters in April, completing a remarkable career comeback for his 15th major title and first since 2008.

Woods accepted the invitation and received the award at a ceremony in the White House Rose Garden Monday evening. He becomes the fourth golfer to receive the award, joining Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer and Charlie Sifford.

Trump awards ‘true legend’ Tiger Woods

“It is my privilege to award our nation’s highest civilian honor to one of the the greatest athletes in the history of sports, Tiger Woods,” Trump said in the Rose Garden ceremony. “Tiger, congratulations on receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom.”

Trump acknowledged Woods’ caddie Joe LaCava, who was sitting in the audience, before touting Woods’ accolades in a thorough account of Woods’ career, giving a detailed recap of his career achievements.

“This evening, we are in the presence of a true legend, an extraordinary athlete who has transformed golf and achieved new levels of dominance,” Trump said. “He’s also a great person. He’s a great guy.

“Tiger introduced countless new people to the sport of golf from every background and from every walk of life. … Tiger Woods is a global symbol of American excellence, devotion and drive.”

Trump: Woods ‘remembers the good stuff’

Trump briefly alluded to Woods’ career and personal downfall that includes his public divorce from wife Elin Nordegren and ensuing struggles on the course for years that preceded his comeback capped by last month’s win at Augusta.

“He’s got a great memory, this guy,” Trump said while looking at Woods. “He remembers the good stuff, which is really important. Not the bad.”

Woods gets emotional

An emotional Woods addressed the attendees at the Rose Garden, who included family and supporters and gave him a standing ovation.

Rest - https://sports.yahoo.com/donald-trump-awards-presidential-medal-of-freedom-to-true-legend-tiger-woods-224534861.html

Tiger is a golf legend, but he's certainly not a "great guy"

I don't think he should have gotten this award myself. Basically the lesson here is "It doesn't matter what else you've done in your life, as long as you WIN"

Tiger is a terrible human being.

Just my 2 cents.

jimnyc
05-07-2019, 08:34 AM
Tiger is a golf legend, but he's certainly not a "great guy"

I don't think he should have gotten this award myself. Basically the lesson here is "It doesn't matter what else you've done in your life, as long as you WIN"

Tiger is a terrible human being.

Just my 2 cents.

Yup, like I pointed out to Noir, there is a long long list of people that are in there for their amazing achievements in life, even if they also have wrongdoing, or favoritism via activism IMO.

STTAB
05-07-2019, 11:20 AM
Yup, like I pointed out to Noir, there is a long long list of people that are in there for their amazing achievements in life, even if they also have wrongdoing, or favoritism via activism IMO.

As with most awards like this, this one has largely been turned into a joke by liberal awarding them to each other like they are candy. Remember when Obama gave one to Biden right before he left office? LOL WTF has Joe Biden done to deserve such an award?

jimnyc
05-07-2019, 11:25 AM
As with most awards like this, this one has largely been turned into a joke by liberal awarding them to each other like they are candy. Remember when Obama gave one to Biden right before he left office? LOL WTF has Joe Biden done to deserve such an award?

That's what I also pointed out, that they now complain about them, but not a peep when Obama broke records with them!

There's no doubt that they lost the luster over the past 3-4 decades, and grew worse and worse. That's why I always look at them as people with great achievements, but not for their entire lives.

STTAB
05-07-2019, 11:31 AM
That's what I also pointed out, that they now complain about them, but not a peep when Obama broke records with them!

There's no doubt that they lost the luster over the past 3-4 decades, and grew worse and worse. That's why I always look at them as people with great achievements, but not for their entire lives.

Four words

Obama wins Nobel Prize

LOL biggest joke in the world. Talk about a participation award.

jimnyc
05-07-2019, 11:40 AM
Four words

Obama wins Nobel Prize

LOL biggest joke in the world. Talk about a participation award.

There was talk for awhile there about Trump and the Peace award. Would have been great for one thing - to torture the left. Other than that, who the F cares. The left thinks that makes him that much more of a hero, and somehow proves their love of him. :rolleyes: