PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Democrats Go on Offense Against Biden

jimnyc
05-08-2019, 12:12 PM
I'm going to enjoy watching the democrats rip one another apart and giving Trump his own ammo right up until it's time for one of them to face him. And most likely it will be biden. And the rest are already starting to attack him. :)

---

2020 Democrats Go on Offense Against Biden

Joe Biden’s entry into the 2020 race has propelled him (for the moment) to frontrunner status with a decisive lead in the polls compared to his primary opponents. While attacking Donald Trump is probably good for fundraising, it’s not enough to remain competitive with someone with Joe Biden's name recognition—and his opponents are finally starting to realize that. The Hill reports that his opponents are starting to attack him, “seeking to blunt the former vice president’s rise in polls by arguing he is too conservative to be the party's presidential nominee.”

If Biden is “conservative” in comparison to the other 2020 candidates, that’s frightening—but his opponents are trying to make that case.
“I think if you look at Joe’s record, and you look at my record, I don’t think there’s much question about who’s more progressive,” [Bernie Sanders] said in an interview that aired Sunday on ABC’s “This Week.”

“Joe voted for the war in Iraq, I led the effort against it. Joe voted for [the North American Free Trade Agreement] and permanent trade relations, trade agreements with China. I led the effort against that. Joe voted for the deregulation of Wall Street, I voted against that,” Sanders said.

The comments followed a jab from Warren, who has accused Biden of being too cozy with corporate interests during the Wall Street bailout.

“At a time when the biggest financial institutions in this country were trying to put the squeeze on millions of hardworking families,” Warren said last month, “Joe Biden was on the side of the credit card companies.”

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/2020-democrats-go-on-offense-against-biden/