PDA

View Full Version : Mueller cleared Trump — now get over it

jimnyc
05-08-2019, 12:49 PM
Yup, over and done. We were all told to WAIT on his report, and to accept whatever findings. And that's what we did, and are doing. But it's the Democrats who can't do the same. They expected Barr to override Mueller's findings and charge Trump with a crime. :rolleyes:

But they'll push for an impeachment, and lose, and help Trump towards 2020. It appears, so far anyway, that the only one who sees that is Pelosi.

---

Mitch McConnell: Mueller cleared Trump — now get over it

It’s now been more than six weeks since special counsel Bob Mueller, the former FBI director, concluded his investigation into Russia’s interference in our 2016 election and delivered his findings to the Justice Department. It’s been two weeks since Attorney General William Barr made the 450-page report public. This investigation went on for two years. It’s finally over. Many Americans were waiting to see how their elected officials would respond.

With an exhaustive investigation complete, would the country finally unify to confront the real challenges before us? Would we finally be able to move on from partisan paralysis and breathless conspiracy theorizing? Or would we remain consumed by unhinged partisanship and keep dividing ourselves to the point that Putin and his agents need only stand on the sidelines and watch as their job is done for them?

Regrettably, the answer is pretty obvious. So that’s what I want to discuss this morning. Russia’s interference in American elections. The work of the special counsel and the attorney general. And how we can finally end this “Groundhog Day” spectacle, stop endlessly relitigating a 2˝-year-old election result, and move forward for the American people.

Now, it bears remembering what this investigation was actually supposed to be about: Russian interference in 2016. For many of the president’s opponents, it quickly morphed into something else. A last hope that maybe they’d never have to come to terms with the American people’s choice of a president.

In some corners, special counsel Mueller came to be regarded as a kind of a secular saint, destined to rescue the country from the inconvenient truth that the American people actually elected Donald Trump. For two years, many of the president’s opponents seemed to be hoping the worst conspiracy theories were actually true. They seemed to be hoping for a national crisis for the sake of their own politics.

Now look, I will say it was at least heartening to see many of my Democratic colleagues and the media abruptly awaken to the dangers of Russian aggression. An awakening to the dangers of Russian aggression. Remember, not long ago, Democrats mocked Republicans like John McCain and Mitt Romney for warning about the dangers posed by Putin’s Russia. Remember President Obama’s quip in 2012 when then-Governor Romney emphasized his concerns with Russia? Here’s what President Obama said when Mitt Romney emphasized his concerns with Russia back in 2012. Direct quote: “The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back.” That was President Obama in 2012.

Rest - https://nypost.com/2019/05/07/mitch-mcconnell-mueller-cleared-trump-now-get-over-it/

jimnyc
05-08-2019, 01:25 PM
Very similar...

---

McConnell: 'Mueller Spent Two Years on This...It's Time to Move On'

(CNSNews.com) - Enough is enough, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Tuesday, first in a speech on the Senate floor, and later in an interview with Fox News's Martha MacCallum:

Now that the Special Counsel's investigation is over, "I think we ought to put it to rest," he told MacCallum.

Mueller spent two years on this. He interviewed hundreds of people. He reached the conclusion there was certainly no collusion on the part of -- the president's part. He brought no charges on obstruction. They indicted a number of Russians. It was clear what the Russians were trying to do. He pointed it out to us. What else do we need to know? It's time to move on.

MacCallum asked the senator if he wants to find out how the Trump-Russia probe began, or if that issue also should go in the rear-view mirror:

"Well, that's a decision for the attorney general," McConnell said.

"And I think there is already an inspector general investigation going on, how the investigation was initiated. These inspector generals in each department are genuinely independent people. I understand he's going to report at the end of May. So we'll get an answer to the question of how this whole investigation began from the IG and the Justice Department."

If the IG finds that the origins of the Trump-Russia probe were suspicious, the Senate Judiciary Committee, led by Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) "might well decide that he wants to take a look at that," McConnell added.

On another subject, McConnell took exception to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) calling Attorney General William Barr a liar:

"That's an outrageous assertion," McConnell said. "The man had a brief summary of the report, released all the report that was legally allowed to be released. Put it on the Internet. To call a public servant like the attorney general a liar is completely over the top.

"These people are somewhat suffering from Trump derangement syndrome. I mean, they can't accept the fact that the president won the election. The investigation is over. Why don't we turn our attention to trying to see what we can figure out, what we can do together for the American people and not squander any more time? We have the answer."

President Trump on Wednesday morning tweeted his agreement, quoting McConnell as saying "CASE CLOSED."

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/mcconnell-mueller-spent-two-years-thisits-time-move

Noir
05-08-2019, 03:59 PM
I haven’t yet read the report (or atleast what was released if it) hoping to this weekend, what did you think of it Jim?

jimnyc
05-08-2019, 04:41 PM
I haven’t yet read the report (or atleast what was released if it) hoping to this weekend, what did you think of it Jim?

I think I've made that clear. :)

I have in fact read it in depth. By no means is Trump an angel. But also by no means did he commit collusion with Russia. He did not commit obstruct this operation from happening nor completion. I DO think he talked smack during the investigation and did things during the investigation that left a sour taste in the mouth of some on the left. But nothing remotely enough to show that he obstructed in some manner that prevented Mueller and/or anyone else from completing their jobs.

For example; the words and accusations from James Comey and James Clapper throughout the investigation. He often responded to their lame BS on twitter. Then similarly with folks in the media. Some like Scarborough and Mika and pretty much the entire lineup on CNN. Then Adam Schiff, and him and all of his EVIDENCE - which as a politician, one would think he would have released this evidence by now? Responded to all of them on Twitter. And many times. He wrote on Twitter on an almost daily basis (Trump). And every other day of those posts would be about the Mueller investigation. So yeah, he non-stop wrote about it and towed the line of obstructing - but at the same time - you had leaks galore coming out, which we later find out is much coming from Comey and Clapper. The entire staff making up Mueller's team are democrats, and many of them involved in prior cases with Hillary...

And then much was continue to be leaked, about things we don't know if were being investigated or not.

But in the end, no charge of obstruction - and rightfully so IMO. No crime was committed with the Russia crap which was the scope of his investigation. No crime then you can't have obstruction. Mueller's report stated no criminal conspiracy. Without the criminal aspect, then Mueller opted out of making a conclusion on the obstruction of justice charges and left it up to Barr and Rosenstein. They concluded no charges. I agree wholeheartedly with them.

jimnyc
05-08-2019, 04:42 PM

There are many links out there to it now, but lemme know if you can't find any and we can post a link here.

STTAB
05-09-2019, 10:25 AM

I've read the report, and looked at this pretty closely and a few things

1. It is clear that no one in the Trump campaign conspired with Russia to commit any crimes
2. It is clear that Trump was pissed about the investigation and wanted Mueller fired, but since he has the authority to fire an AG who refuses to fire a special counsel, even if he had of done so that isn't obstruction of justice. Honest people realize this, exercising your lawful authority isn't obstruction
3. It is quite clear that no one can provide a single piece of evidence that actually justified opening this investigation. "So and so from the Trump campaign may have talked to a Russian " isn't justification for such an investigation
4. It is quite clear why Democrats are totally uninterested in learning why this investigation began.
5. The Obama Administration politicized the entire Executive Branch of this government and then used them as a weapon against their political enemies.

Consider this Nor, Adam Schiff has for over two years been telling people that he has seen classified material which PROVES that Trump conspired with Russia to steal the 2016 election. We now KNOW this was always a lie, but the worst of it is that Adam Schiff called anyone who even questioned his word on the matter and wanted to see the proof for themselves a Russian due.

And that douche nozzzle is just one of many people who used their positions to afford some level of credibility to what was clearly a hoax right from the beginning, and so many liberals just want to ignore that because Trump.

If your political opinions require you to abandon all logic and lose all principles , perhaps you need to rethink your political opinions.