PDA

View Full Version : Christian Woman Sentenced to Death Under Pakistan’s Blasphemy Laws Is Freed

jimnyc
05-08-2019, 01:14 PM
I have to wonder though, with international attention brought to this, would they had made the same decision otherwise? An excellent decision by Pakistan, but it doesn't change my stance on muslims in the slightest bit. They need a "movement" of sorts, like we have seen in the US over the past 20 years or so, and make lasting change.

You have war between shiites and sunni muslims. Then anyone outside of Islam are infidels. Jews are all bad and all Jews must die is what they are taught. No matter where a muslim child lives, they are taught about Palestine and Israel/Jews from birth. That all Jews are bad, that Palestine are ALL good people and under occupation forever basically from the big bad Jewish zionists. Everyone has fought them at one point or another and all lost. (sure, then explain Palestine :rolleyes: ). Terrorism is rampant in the world and islam responsible for the majority of it, and gladly accept it when they do. The amount of change needed isn't going to happen overnight. Perhaps eradication can happen overnight? ;)

---

The First Christian Woman Sentenced to Death Under Pakistan’s Blasphemy Laws Is Freed

(CNSNews.com) – Asia Bibi, the Pakistani mother of four who became the first Christian woman to be sentenced to death in the country for purportedly blaspheming Mohammed, has finally been allowed to leave Pakistan, more than six months after the Supreme Court acquitted her and ordered her release.

Her lawyer told the BBC she has arrived in Canada, which had earlier offered her and her family asylum.

Freedom for Asia Bibi, also known as Aasiya Noreen, comes a decade after a row with Muslim co-workers led to her arrest and eventual conviction under Pakistan’s notorious blasphemy laws.

According to published accounts, the Muslims accused the only non-Muslim among the group of farmworkers of defiling shared drinking water. After she said she did not believe Mohammed would share that opinion the Muslims reportedly demanded that Asia Bibi convert to Islam, which she refused to do.

Several days later a mob led by a local cleric attacked her. Police took her into custody, and in 2010 she was convicted of blasphemy and sentenced to death.

The decision was upheld by the Lahore High Court in Oct. 2014, and four more years were to pass until the Supreme Court acquittal last October.

Although the court ordered her release, Asia Bibi remained in protective custody as Muslim zealots held protests across the country, demanding her execution, and calling for the acquitting judges to be killed as well.

In November she was flown from her prison in Punjab province to Islamabad, where her whereabouts have remained closely guarded. Supporters have feared for her safety should she not be allowed to leave the country, where zeal for Mohammed is extreme among the Barelvi stream of Sunni Islam.

Asia Bibi’s case, more than any other, turned a spotlight on Pakistan’s blasphemy laws, which carry the death penalty for insulting Mohammed; life imprisonment for defiling the Qur’an; and shorter jail terms for insulting any of Mohammed’s wives, relatives or “companions.”

Rest - https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/first-christian-woman-sentenced-death-under-pakistans-blasphemy-laws

Abbey Marie
05-08-2019, 01:30 PM
Now this woman is a true political refugee, IMO, and I’d welcome her here.

STTAB
05-08-2019, 02:27 PM
Now this woman is a true political refugee, IMO, and I’d welcome her here.

Not me, odds are one of her children will grow up to be a Muslim zealot terrorist.

I don't want ANYONE from that region allowed into this country. We have enough problems.

Abbey Marie
05-08-2019, 03:08 PM
Not me, odds are one of her children will grow up to be a Muslim zealot terrorist.

I don't want ANYONE from that region allowed into this country. We have enough problems.

She’s Christian. Anyone’s kid can become Muslim, even Americans.
I doubt after this horror that hers would.

STTAB
05-09-2019, 09:51 AM
She’s Christian. Anyone’s kid can become Muslim, even Americans.
I doubt after this horror that hers would.

Even so, she's a hard pass for me.