PDA

View Full Version : Twitter Suspends Account That Tracks Violence Against MAGA Supporters

jimnyc
05-08-2019, 04:54 PM
Don't wan't people to continue to learn about the antics towards anyone wearing such a hat or espousing that term. :rolleyes:

---

Twitter Suspends Account That Tracks Violence Against MAGA Supporters

A conservative news host’s account tracking violence against Trump supporters was deplatformed.

One America News Network host Jack Posobiec’s Twitter account “@MAGAphobia” was taken down from Twitter May 6. Posobiec said he started this account to “track violence against Trump supporters all in one place.” He tweeted, “Today Twitter banned it.”

Posobiec defined “MAGAphobia” as either a “irrational, unfounded fear of Donald Trump or his supporters” such as conspiracy theories that they are Russian agents or white supremacists.

BigLeaguePolitics claimed in its coverage that Anti-Trump violence “appears to be on the rise around the country.” The site listed a few prominent figures such as “Brandon Straka, Michael Knowles, and Owen Shroyer” who were all reportedly attacked in a single day.

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey has become a household name among conservatives concerned about the accelerating trend of deplatforming and censoring of conservatives. He appeared on an episode the Joe Rogan Podcast where he and the head of Twitter’s “Trust and Safety” Vijaya Gadde were questioned about incidents. This included their refusal to ban a music producer who tweeted death threats against the Covington teens.

When free speech YouTuber Tim Pool pressed them on this issue, Gadde responded by saying:

We don’t usually automatically suspend accounts with one violation….it's a big thing to kick someone off the platform, I wanna make sure that when someone violates our rules they understand what happened and are given an opportunity to get back on the platform and change their behavior.”

It appears Posobiec’s MAGAphobia account was given no such warning or opportunity.

More recently at a TED conference in Vancouver, Dorsey announced that machines are being used to deem what is or isn’t considered hate speech. “Around 38 percent of abusive tweets are now identified by machine learning. That was from 0 percent just a year ago, which meant that everyone who received abuse had to report it.”

Ironically, even U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez admitted that algorithms can be biased based upon how their creators who create them. At an MLK Now event she warned “if you don't fix the bias, then you're just automating the bias.”

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/techwatch/alexander-hall/2019/05/08/twitter-suspends-account-tracks-violence-against-maga

Bilgerat
05-09-2019, 08:15 AM
The "Masters of the Universe" MUST protect the left! :death::death::death:

STTAB
05-09-2019, 09:50 AM
Don't wan't people to continue to learn about the antics towards anyone wearing such a hat or espousing that term. :rolleyes:

---

Twitter Suspends Account That Tracks Violence Against MAGA Supporters

A conservative news host’s account tracking violence against Trump supporters was deplatformed.

One America News Network host Jack Posobiec’s Twitter account “@MAGAphobia” was taken down from Twitter May 6. Posobiec said he started this account to “track violence against Trump supporters all in one place.” He tweeted, “Today Twitter banned it.”

Posobiec defined “MAGAphobia” as either a “irrational, unfounded fear of Donald Trump or his supporters” such as conspiracy theories that they are Russian agents or white supremacists.

BigLeaguePolitics claimed in its coverage that Anti-Trump violence “appears to be on the rise around the country.” The site listed a few prominent figures such as “Brandon Straka, Michael Knowles, and Owen Shroyer” who were all reportedly attacked in a single day.

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey has become a household name among conservatives concerned about the accelerating trend of deplatforming and censoring of conservatives. He appeared on an episode the Joe Rogan Podcast where he and the head of Twitter’s “Trust and Safety” Vijaya Gadde were questioned about incidents. This included their refusal to ban a music producer who tweeted death threats against the Covington teens.

When free speech YouTuber Tim Pool pressed them on this issue, Gadde responded by saying:

It appears Posobiec’s MAGAphobia account was given no such warning or opportunity.

More recently at a TED conference in Vancouver, Dorsey announced that machines are being used to deem what is or isn’t considered hate speech. “Around 38 percent of abusive tweets are now identified by machine learning. That was from 0 percent just a year ago, which meant that everyone who received abuse had to report it.”

Ironically, even U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez admitted that algorithms can be biased based upon how their creators who create them. At an MLK Now event she warned “if you don't fix the bias, then you're just automating the bias.”

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/techwatch/alexander-hall/2019/05/08/twitter-suspends-account-tracks-violence-against-maga

Sadly , Congress is for the most part too stupid to understand that algorithms are only as good as the programming that went into them and can be programmed to be biased, good for AOC for pointing that out.

Noir
05-11-2019, 06:47 AM
Twitter have acknowledged that they are poor at explaining why they take action - this is a perfect example. Without a clear statement about why action was taken on the account they leave speculation open to all and a narrative that can be driven by the account holder.

Elessar
05-11-2019, 06:52 AM
Twitter have acknowledged that they are poor at explaining why they take action - this is a perfect example. Without a clear statement about why action was taken on the account they leave speculation open to all and a narrative that can be driven by the account holder.

They seem to be very arbitrary in their dealings with individual accounts. In other words, no control over their own controllers.

Noir
05-11-2019, 06:58 AM
They seem to be very arbitrary in their dealings with individual accounts. In other words, no control over their own controllers.

Thats because we only see the surface and they don’t tell us what’s going on in the background, again this is something they have acknowledged is a failure on their part.

Bilgerat
05-11-2019, 09:40 AM
Thats because we only see the surface and they don’t tell us what’s going on in the background, again this is something they have acknowledged is a failure on their part.

Failure?

Or by design?

Seems quite apparent seeing as who twitter suspends and doesn't

Noir
05-11-2019, 10:19 AM
Failure?

Or by design?

They refer to it as a failure, if you think they’re lying about that fair enough, though I don’t see why they would.

jimnyc
05-11-2019, 10:43 AM
I think it's obviously more than poor explanations. They still haven't explained at all why nearly all of these controversial bannings in the past few years have all been on the right. Perhaps not 100% - but I'd be surprised if folks can post more than 5-10 high profile leftists getting banned, while the list on the right goes on and on and on. IMO, there's no doubt that some folks that do any reviewing are making their own personal decisions. It's either that, or the company has a set plan to do so.

Of course they would lie about it. No company will succeed by admitting they want to ban folks that they politically disagree with and pushing away 50% of their members. So they think they are doing so on the sly, but you can only hide so much of that crap - and it's all the time that folks on the right are being banned, whether 3 days, 30 days or permanently.

This case being a great example of someone being banned for no reason - other than perhaps they continually were posting updates on FACTS of others being assaulted for wearing any MAGA attire. Wouldn't want anyone to know it's the left getting busted for these actions. :rolleyes:

Again, where are the lefties being banned, that we can say that maybe it's just bad explanations from them? Where are the lefties that they outright state were banned appropriately for actions the same as folks on the right do? Night and day, night and day.

jimnyc
05-11-2019, 11:20 AM
And yet here's another one for a damn stupid reason and IS clearly censorship. Speak out against the left, Cair and the censorship of others - and boom! You get it too!

---

Michelle Malkin Censored on Facebook for Opposing Censorship

Conservative author, media entrepreneur and CPAC 2019 star Michelle Malkin has been censored by Facebook for posting supportive messages about recently-banned conservative figures Laura Loomer and Gavin McInnes.
As Breitbart News has reported, Facebook recently declared that posting support for certain banned individuals and organizations — including links to Infowars — would result in post takedowns and bans. This is a formula not just for banning the targeted individuals, but their friends and supporters as well. Used to its full extent, it could result in the purge of large swathes of the anti-establishment grassroots from Facebook by the 2020 election.

Malkin’s posted the following on Facebook:

These are two of my friends, Laura Loomer and Gavin McInnes. They are banned from Facebook and Instagram for exercising their free speech — while violent jihad groups are allowed on these platforms to spread their murderous poison. I spoke out passionately about de-platforming at CPAC and have done what I can to use my voice to speak for the voiceless. Laura and Gavin are suing the radical forces (SPLC and CAIR) behind the insidious agenda to criminalize political dissent. I have donated to their causes and hope you will too (DefendGavin.com and LauraLoomer.us). I do not know how much longer it will be before I am next. Anyone and everyone who refuses to capitulate to the open-borders, sharia-enforcing social justice agenda is “DANGEROUS.”

Malkin reported on Twitter that her post had been taken down as a violation of Facebook’s “community standards.”

https://i.imgur.com/bJVrv5m.png
https://i.imgur.com/sbOD9LS.png

In a comment to Breitbart News, Malkin vowed to keep speaking out against big tech censorship.

“I will not stop protesting discriminatory de-platforming until I’m booted off the Big 3 (Facebook – 2.1 million followers, Twitter 2.1 million followers, Instagram -60,000 followers)” said Malkin.

“Since I created my first website in 1999, I have donated time, money, and energy to helping keep the Internet free and supporting independent and grass-roots voices fighting on the front lines. The witch hunts led by SPLC/Soros and CAIR/Hamas are crippling the effective activism and investigative journalism that pro-liberty and pro-sovereignty Americans desperately need and want.”

Malkin also called for Republican attorneys general and the White House to take action to protect freedom of speech in America.

“We can help by funding McInnes’ and Loomer’s lawsuits. But we can’t do this alone. Every Republican attorney general should be investigating. The non-profit status of every speech-squelching hit group conspiring to silence anti-Jihad, anti-open borders, pro-life social media users should be challenged. And we need more than tweets from the president.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/05/10/michelle-malkin-censored-on-facebook-for-opposing-censorship/

Elessar
05-11-2019, 07:07 PM
Failure?

Or by design?

They refer to it as a failure, if you think they’re lying about that fair enough, though I don’t see why they would.

No favoritism, Noir?

My ass!

I am glad I do not use any of those except for Facebook to reply to news or sports articles.
Not logged into my FB account for 6 months, either.

Noir
05-12-2019, 01:19 AM
Of course they would lie about it. No company will succeed by admitting they want to ban folks that they politically disagree with and pushing away 50% of their members. So they think they are doing so on the sly, but you can only hide so much of that crap - and it's all the time that folks on the right are being banned, whether 3 days, 30 days or permanently.

But it’s not ‘hidden’, or ‘on the sly’ every time one of these twitters is banned you get topics about it here, and on other forums, YouTube, podcasts, news programs etc.

If conservatives really feel like they are being pushed of the platform and lied to about it, then they should not support the platform.

This case being a great example of someone being banned for no reason

Says the guy that got banned.