PDA

View Full Version : Hyperbaric chamber

SassyLady
05-09-2019, 01:54 AM
Had my first 30 min session in one of these yesterday. Anyone else ever been in one?

SassyLady
05-09-2019, 02:03 AM
I'm doing this for overall health, however, I am getting older and hopefully this will slow down aging neurons.

https://drjockers.com/hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy/

Elessar
05-09-2019, 06:28 AM
I have never been in one, but did send a lot of scuba dive victims to chambers over the years,
but those are normally a different kind of chamber.

That kind of chamber is a two seater so an attendant goes in with the dive victim.

Bilgerat
05-09-2019, 08:24 AM
Had my first 30 min session in one of these yesterday. Anyone else ever been in one?

Why yes I have, but not quite for the same reasons.

I was a volunteer firefighter while on active duty, went into a structure fire that flashed over and my breathing gear was affected. When I got out the Chief sent me to the hospital where I was put in one of those boxes for treatment.

SassyLady
05-09-2019, 10:14 AM
Why yes I have, but not quite for the same reasons.

I was a volunteer firefighter while on active duty, went into a structure fire that flashed over and my breathing gear was affected. When I got out the Chief sent me to the hospital where I was put in one of those boxes for treatment.

How long was your treatment? More than one session? Did you feel any different after?

Bilgerat
05-09-2019, 11:47 AM
How long was your treatment? More than one session? Did you feel any different after?

Stayed in the darn thing for an hour, had my blood gases checked the next day & medical said you're good to go!

Abbey Marie
05-09-2019, 01:48 PM
I’m waaaay too claustrophobic to do this...

Bilgerat
05-09-2019, 05:19 PM

Enginerooms, and respirators will take that right out of ya :laugh::laugh:

icansayit
05-09-2019, 06:20 PM
I was a crewmember of the USS RECOVERY ARS-43. We had divers onboard, and the navy had a BIG Hyperberic Chamber they used after dives. They invited me inside...but not under pressure. Their stay time was up to 6 hours, depending on the depth of the water, and how long they were down.

Those guys, including our Skipper, the XO, and Ops officer were all Divers. As a RADIOMAN...I learned really quickly...Water, and electricity are not compatible if you know what's good for ya!!! :laugh:

USS RECOVERY was a Salvage ship. Little over 200 ft long, and it rode like a CORK when we crossed the Atlantic, and into the Med on deployment.

http://nafts.com/wp-content/uploads/43recoveryARS.jpg

The closest duty I ever had to McHales Navy. Talk about laid-back. But a really fun tour.

Elessar
05-09-2019, 07:58 PM
I hated being stuck in a tube-type MRI. I could not even move!:laugh:

Abbey Marie
05-09-2019, 08:18 PM

I have to be sedated to do an MRI. One time I took a double dose and was literally bouncing off the walls on my way to the test.

Bilgerat
05-09-2019, 09:00 PM

I have to be sedated to do an MRI. One time I took a double dose and was literally bouncing off the walls on my way to the test.

Wow, to me it's a great nap :laugh: :laugh:

Elessar
05-09-2019, 10:55 PM
Wow, to me it's a great nap :laugh: :laugh:

If they give you earphones and a music stream to back off the rat-a-tat-tat of the system!

Bilgerat
05-10-2019, 09:00 AM
If they give you earphones and a music stream to back off the rat-a-tat-tat of the system!

Again, enginerooms (lol)