PDA

View Full Version : Law and Order: SVU

jimnyc
05-10-2019, 12:58 PM
From the very first Law & Order to every single spin-off and every character development for which feels like an eternity. But no more. I won't show support for a company that makes such an episode, in which anyone that knows the show they are forever taking real life occurrences and making episodes about them.

It's obvious that this episode was to recreate what took place with the Convington kids, and the lies that went about. Rather than addressing the reality for what it was - the lied and made their own story. Same Covington kids, but now the opponent was a muslim woman, a Ilhan Omar, and made her a hero and the kids in the wrong.

I think if they want to make episodes that reflect real life, they should come close to the facts at least, and not do a complete 180. And of course it's all because of politics.

---

‘Law & Order: SVU’ Slams Covington Catholic Kids, Defends Ilhan Omar Character

NBC’s Law & Order: Special Victims Unit is really stretching that “ripped from the headlines” mindset with its latest episode. Not only does SVU maintain the media lie about the Covington Catholic kids (this time with Jewish students), the show also manages to play defense for Rep. Ilhan Omar (with a Muslim councilwoman standing in for "Native American elder" Nathan Phillips). Who knew you could fit so much intersectional dishonesty into one hour?

The May 9 episode “Assumptions” opens with two Jewish teenage boys running from a vandalized synagogue where we find Muslim Councilwoman Nahla Nasar (Nazneen Contractor) has been raped. Since one of the teens, named Ari (Ted Sutherland), wore a red cap, a narrative quickly forms, especially when Nasar points him out in a lineup. “This boy grabbed my hijab and spat in my face,” she says. “These people are Islamophobes. It's in their blood. One of these boys must have raped me.”

To add more fuel to the fire, a new video surfaces online of the teens with Nasar. The teens accused of vandalizing the synagogue were actually members of a Jewish group protesting the councilwoman. During their wait to leave, the video depicts the Jewish boys seemingly getting in Nasar’s face in a way that's oddly reminiscent of the Covington Catholic kids' story - or rather, the story the media wanted us to believe.

Rest - https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/lindsay-kornick/2019/05/10/law-order-svu-slanders-covington-catholic-kids-defends