PDA

View Full Version : Offering 'thoughts and prayers' after shootings is 'bulls--t'

jimnyc
05-11-2019, 01:51 PM
So when they don't get their political way with their agendas, they turn even further against those who don't agree with them and start mocking those of faith, while claiming to be one of faith themselves. :rolleyes:

Ask him what happens when you remove suicides ALONE from his data, which drops like 2/3rds alone. :rolleyes:

---

Cory Booker: Offering 'thoughts and prayers' after shootings is 'bulls--t'

Presidential candidate Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., criticized the practice of offering only "thoughts and prayers" after shootings.

"So when I’m president of the United States, I’m taking a fight to this issue like folks will never see before because we’re better than this as a country. It’s a uniquely American problem. No other country has this kind of carnage. More people in my lifetime have died in this nation due to gun violence than in all of the wars in the Revolutionary War to now. We’re not going to give thoughts and prayers, which to me is just bullshit," Booker said on David Axelrod’s podcast "The Axe Files."

Part of the interview was aired Friday on CNN.

"And I’m sorry to say that as a man of faith, but I was taught faith without works is dead. We’re going to bring a fight with everything that I have to solve this problem. And because it’s solvable, and we know it," he said.

Booker made his comments after unveiling his plan to implement more gun control to combat gun violence.

The plan includes:

Federal gun licensing
Handgun microstamping
Universal background checks
"Assault weapons" ban
"High-capacity" magazine ban
Bump stock ban
Limiting gun buyers to one handgun per month
"Finally, beginning on Day One in office, Cory will take executive action to build on ongoing efforts and take concrete steps forward — closing dangerous loopholes in gun sales, cracking down on unscrupulous dealers and gun manufacturers, and investing in communities impacted by gun violence," a post from Booker's campaign says on Medium.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cory-booker-offering-thoughts-and-prayers-after-shootings-is-bulls-t

Gunny
05-11-2019, 09:47 PM
So much for the Constitution if this idiot ever gets into office. What a moron :rolleyes:

Elessar
05-12-2019, 07:22 AM
He's full of shit.

The plan includes:

Federal gun licensing...already done with legal owners
Handgun microstamping ...already done with serial numbers
Universal background checks...already done with legal purchases
"Assault weapons" ban...already done by present BATFE Law
"High-capacity" magazine ban...already done with legal purchases
Bump stock ban...already done by Trumps EO
Limiting gun buyers to one handgun per month....already being done
"Finally, beginning on Day One in office, Cory will take executive action to build on ongoing efforts and take concrete steps forward — closing dangerous loopholes in gun sales, cracking down on unscrupulous dealers and gun manufacturers, and investing in communities impacted by gun violence," a post from Booker's campaign says on Medium. That will only affect legal, law abiding purchasers, sellers and owners. It will not affect the criminals.

darin
05-13-2019, 06:17 AM
So much for the Constitution if this idiot ever gets into office. What a moron :rolleyes:

This is the result of Booker's ideas...he wants this: