PDA

View Full Version : Steal, and then be surprised when being arrested

jimnyc
05-14-2019, 11:32 AM
What an idiot. She doesn't like the pro-lifers and their own little demonstration, which included some signs. She walks over and just takes one and walks away and refuses to give it back. She gets stopped by the police....

---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07bjyxgxG94

WATCH: Feminist Steals Pro-Life Sign. Then The Cops Show Up.

A feminist on campus at the University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill was arrested and charged with larceny after stealing a sign from a peacefully protesting member of the pro-life group Created Equal named Austin Beigel.

In a video posted by the group, the feminist is captured grabbing an orange pro-life sign from Beigel’s hands. As she’s walking away with the group’s property, the woman ignores warnings that her actions equate to theft and that she’s walking right toward a police officer.

Sure enough, a police officer confronts the alleged thief moments before she’s able to toss the sign.

“Why’d you rip it out of his hands?” the officer asks.

“Because this restricts women’s rights,” the woman responds, pointing to the pro-life sign.

The officer informs her that she does not “have a right to take someone’s property” even if she doesn’t agree with the group's protected speech. “You can ignore them,” he offers, adding, “They have a right to be here.”

“This is why women have such a problem getting abortions in North Carolina and y’all just let them get away with this s***,” the woman says, nearly breaking into tears.

The feminist is then arrested for larceny.

“I cannot believe this is happening,” she says.

Rest - https://www.dailywire.com/news/47167/watch-feminist-steals-pro-life-sign-then-cops-show-amanda-prestigiacomo

STTAB
05-14-2019, 12:03 PM
It's sad how many people simply don't understand that other people have rights too. This is why I was always against so faux conservatives who oppose gay marriage. You have a right to oppose it, you do NOT have a right to tell others they can't have it.

Same principle. You can oppose pro lifers, you can't go around stealing their shit, or assaulting them, or what have you.

Bilgerat
05-15-2019, 07:22 AM
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

Bye Felicia

Elessar
05-15-2019, 08:11 AM
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

Bye Felicia

That cop was so cool about the whole thing.

Got a right to pass by and ignore, but no right to violate other's rights.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-15-2019, 08:36 AM
That cop was so cool about the whole thing.

Got a right to pass by and ignore, but no right to violate other's rights.
Cop did not know or else did not get the memo- that liberal dems are above the law,
especially so if they are also young, female and angry about be oppressed by we conservative, right-wing, anti- abortion advocates!
I mean --everybody knows we are all just gun-toting, bible thumping rednecks, right?
And that we should have none of our rights recognized. - :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:-Tyr

Elessar
05-15-2019, 07:47 PM
Cop did not know or else did not get the memo- that liberal dems are above the law,
especially so if they are also young, female and angry about be oppressed by we conservative, right-wing, anti- abortion advocates!
I mean --everybody knows we are all just gun-toting, bible thumping rednecks, right?
And that we should have none of our rights recognized. - :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:-Tyr

Gunny was so accurate in one thread: "Your 'rights' end where mine begin" < paraphrased!:laugh:

Gunny
05-15-2019, 08:01 PM
@Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30) was so accurate in one thread: "Your 'rights' end where mine begin" < paraphrased!:laugh:No, that's pretty much a quote :)

STTAB
05-16-2019, 10:15 AM
No, that's pretty much a quote :)

Ever notice that everyone understood the concept of other people also having rights a lot better back in the day when infringing on another person's rights would probably result in you getting your ass kicked and the law looking the other way if it happened?