PDA

View Full Version : 60 frames per second at 6 megapixels

Jon
09-02-2007, 04:57 AM
<iframe src="http://world.casio.com/ngdc/en/mov_concept.html" height="500" width="500"></iframe>

Imagine what this will do to the sports photography business once it "trickles up" to professional level cameras.

:eek:

diuretic
09-02-2007, 06:16 AM
That's remarkable!

Sitarro
09-02-2007, 06:27 AM
I believe it's CBS that has been using an ultra fast camera to film golf ball strikes on their coverage of golf tournaments. They have been showing shots up close and very slow for a few years but what they are using now is much better. They were confined to just the tee shots before but now they are showing iron shots.

My brother is an instructor/coach for a number of players on tour and college players, he's gonna want this thing now.

Sitarro
09-04-2007, 04:37 AM
What scares me about this thing is what will happen in the hands of some proud parents. I can imagine being bored to the point of wanting to kill myself looking at some supposedly gifted kid kicking a stinking soccerball at 60 frames a second. Some things just shouldn't be allowed.

*Disclaimer*
This isn't directed at anyone or their kids on this board, it is a generalized statement about how clueless parents are when it comes to their little brats.