PDA

View Full Version : 4:35 AM & 84 degrees

Yurt
09-02-2007, 06:42 AM
It is 4:35 in the morning and it is 84 degrees. I live in San Luis Obispo, 10 miles from the coast and this is highly unusual. It may get to that in the day during summer or a heat wave, but never at night. Of course I don't have an AC, rarely need one and so I have been torturing myself looking at AC's online. Its the power of positive thinking I tell myself. If I think "cool" I will be.

Oh well, not really working. I think I'll purchase a new MP3 player for working out. Anyone have a favorite that you can use running or weightlifting?

I shall leave you with deep thoughts by jack handey:

"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them."

:)

JohnDoe
09-02-2007, 07:04 AM
We don't have AC either because we are on the Maine Coast and we rarely, if at all, need it....sooooooooooo we thought. (we just moved here last winter) Well, we went through a heat wave, the inside of the house was hot and sticky, especially upstairs where the bedroom is....

So my husband, in order to get to sleep, told me that he kept telling himself that it was great and nice and toasted in there and said he convinced himself that it was the middle of winter and the hot and toasty bedroom was a good thing because it was the middle of winter and cold outside!!!! hahahaha..... he cracked me up.... but the sob managed to sleep through the night with a good night's sleep while I was still laying there thinking how hot and aweful it was....

MIND over MATTER worked for him!!!

Yurt
09-02-2007, 10:12 AM
8:00 am, 85 degrees.

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/36/89/22968936.jpg

I am taking my wife out to breakfast. Not to worry, I already called the diner and made sure it was AC'd. "Do you have airconditioning?" "Yes, we have an airconditioner." "Is it currently turned on?" "I think so." "Can you check, is it cooler inside than it is outside?" "I think so." "CHECK" "ok." :coffee:

Then I am buying her an AC because she has to study all day. Finishing her second degree in accounting on the side of work and I'll be damned if she is going to suffer in this weather while studying. She gets the royal treatment, my former canadian :D

Yurt
09-02-2007, 10:13 AM
We don't have AC either because we are on the Maine Coast and we rarely, if at all, need it....sooooooooooo we thought. (we just moved here last winter) Well, we went through a heat wave, the inside of the house was hot and sticky, especially upstairs where the bedroom is....

So my husband, in order to get to sleep, told me that he kept telling himself that it was great and nice and toasted in there and said he convinced himself that it was the middle of winter and the hot and toasty bedroom was a good thing because it was the middle of winter and cold outside!!!! hahahaha..... he cracked me up.... but the sob managed to sleep through the night with a good night's sleep while I was still laying there thinking how hot and aweful it was....

MIND over MATTER worked for him!!!

My problem was that my mind had melted and I could not muster the matter to do anything about it. :beer:

hjmick
09-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Yurt, I'm in Camarillo.

When I got home this morning at about 1:00am it was a nice 68 degrees. 84 in SLO is damn unusual.

BTW, WTF are you doing awake at 4:30 in the morning? LOL

darin
09-02-2007, 12:52 PM
We got central air about a year ago, and LOVE IT! We find ourselves using it frequently to keep the air in the house feeling 'fresh' and to cut through the humidity at times. We paid $3400 installed, for a ~2000 sq ft house. VERY good investment for the comfort it brings

Yurt
09-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Actually I was up since 3:00 am. So hot I could not sleep.

*update*

12:23, 100 degrees

We have now broken a 52 year old heat record of 95 degrees.

Inside my pad:

Probably about 75 degrees.

:dance:

Yurt
09-02-2007, 02:27 PM
We got central air about a year ago, and LOVE IT! We find ourselves using it frequently to keep the air in the house feeling 'fresh' and to cut through the humidity at times. We paid $3400 installed, for a ~2000 sq ft house. VERY good investment for the comfort it brings

I agree. I was hoping to spend only about $150 on the AC, but costco was out of the 8000 BTU and there is no way I am wasting my $ on a 5000 btu, so I shelled out $239 for a 12,000 btu.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

I was going to kayak in the bay today, but, not sure. It is only 70 degrees in morro bay, however, when it is hot in morro bay, as I suspect it will get, it is miserable. Besides, I feel like a kid at christmas with this AC. Just want to sit here and enjoy it. :D