PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand Prime Minister, French President Head Anti-Online Extremism Summit In Par

Gunny
05-15-2019, 09:28 PM
OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 12:56 PM PT — Wednesday, May 15, 2019Multiple heads of state gathered in France Wednesday to launch a new initiative aimed at reducing online extremism. Headed by New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and French President Emmanuel Macron the Christchurch call is bringing world leaders and technology leaders together in Paris.
Participants are being asked to commit to eliminating terrorist and extremist content on social media and online platforms. Ardern said the meeting is a starting point to develop an action plan.
“This is the first time that we’ve got both governments and tech companies coming together,” said New Zealand’s prime minister. “That means that when we’re talking about algorithms it’s going to be the beginning of the conversation, not the end of one and so, let’s start that.”The attacker in the Christchurch massacre in March broadcast the incident on Facebook using a head-mounted camera.
Other members of the meeting included Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and British Prime Minister Theresa May. The United States is not expected to join the initiative.
https://www.oann.com/new-zealand-prime-minister-french-president-head-anti-online-extremism-summit-in-paris/

Just an excuse for censorship by those that love to keep selling shit that never works for problems they invented to idiots who buy it.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-16-2019, 04:48 AM
Well geez, they want to shut down terrorists right to free speech, terrorists being 99.999% MUSLIM. I didn't think anything anti islam was allowed. Aren't they breaking their own rules?

STTAB
05-16-2019, 10:28 AM
https://www.oann.com/new-zealand-prime-minister-french-president-head-anti-online-extremism-summit-in-paris/

Just an excuse for censorship by those that love to keep selling shit that never works for problems they invented to idiots who buy it.

Sorry Gunny, gonna disagree with you here. Groups like ISIS and such need to be censored.

Of course my idea of censorship is probably a bit different from what they are discussing. If I were President I would task the NSA with tracking the origins of these videos and such and then task the US Navy with destroying said locations via cruise missiles.

Of course we'd have to take all measures to make sure we attacked the right location but I'm pretty sure the NSA can see right through VPNs and other methods of hiding IP addresses.

Gunny
05-16-2019, 10:44 AM
Sorry Gunny, gonna disagree with you here. Groups like ISIS and such need to be censored.

Of course my idea of censorship is probably a bit different from what they are discussing. If I were President I would task the NSA with tracking the origins of these videos and such and then task the US Navy with destroying said locations via cruise missiles.

Of course we'd have to take all measures to make sure we attacked the right location but I'm pretty sure the NSA can see right through VPNs and other methods of hiding IP addresses.In theory, it's a great idea. I'm skeptical as Hell about the "in practice" part and how that kind of power can be abused.

If they would target actual terrorist groups with more than words it would be fine by me. They're disrupting my ambiance killing people.

But so is the left. IMO. Meaning, I hope whoever is deciding who needs to be censored isn't a Democrat that thinks like me. They already do enough damage to social media via censorship from what I have read. I don't participate myself so have no first-hand knowledge.

STTAB
05-16-2019, 10:47 AM
In theory, it's a great idea. I'm skeptical as Hell about the "in practice" part and how that kind of power can be abused.

If they would target actual terrorist groups with more than words it would be fine by me. They're disrupting my ambiance killing people.

But so is the left. IMO. Meaning, I hope whoever is deciding who needs to be censored isn't a Democrat that thinks like me. They already do enough damage to social media via censorship from what I have read. I don't participate myself so have no first-hand knowledge.

I don't Twitter and I keep my Facebook apolitical. And I 100% share your concern. Let's see, let's combine a biased social networking site with an unscrupulous government and put them in charge of what news everyone hears or sees, what could go wrong?

Drummond
05-16-2019, 02:40 PM

Of course we'd have to take all measures to make sure we attacked the right location but I'm pretty sure the NSA can see right through VPNs and other methods of hiding IP addresses.

Just - in that scenario - watch all the Leftie bleeding-heart types come out of the woodwork, to complain that somebody 'innocent' might've been maimed or die as a result of the attack. No doubt there'd be cries of 'American arrogance' emanating from our version of them.

There would also be claims that such backtracking wasn't foolproof, and so could put innocents in harms' way. No doubt there would be demands for proof that the methodology was foolproof, requiring - of course - chapter and verse on exactly how it was done.

I like the approach, though.