PDA

View Full Version : Watch: Gowdy Hammers FBI over Handling of Hillary’s Investigation

jimnyc
05-16-2019, 02:38 PM
I love Gowdy!

If you watch anything today, spend 5 minutes on this one.

---

Watch: Gowdy Hammers FBI over Handling of Hillary’s Investigation

Former Republican South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy railed against the Federal Bureau of Investigation Monday night on “Hannity,” deriding the alleged mishandling of several investigations involving the 2016 presidential election.

In his Fox News appearance, Gowdy leveled numerous criticisms at former Attorney General Loretta Lynch and FBI Director James Comey, and their investigation into Hillary Clinton’s mishandling of classified documents as Secretary of State.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8LDDu_nXMc

“I am convinced that they handled that investigation in a way unlike any investigation I have ever seen handled before,” Gowdy said.

The former House Oversight Committee Chair made the case that not only had Clinton violated the Espionage Act by storing classified documents on a private server, but that Comey was incorrect in asserting that there was no evidence of “necessary intent” — an element many argue is not a factor under the statute.

“Would there be intention if you delete 33,000 subpoenaed emails, acid wash your hard drive with BleachBit, bust up your devices with hammers and pull out sim cards, sir? You never lost a case. Would that be a good case for obstruction of justice?” Sean Hannity asked Gowdy.

“It is fantastic evidence on the issue of intent — which is what Comey said he didn’t have. It is consciousness of wrongdoing. It is knowledge,” Gowdy said, “All of that in addition to the multiple demonstrably false statements she made about her own handling of it.”

But Gowdy’s criticisms were not confined to the Clinton email investigation.

The former representative also spoke to Hannity about the question of whether or not investigation into alleged Trump Campaign involvement in Russian collusion originated fraudulently and unlawfully.

“It is even worse,” Gowdy said. “They made no effort to corroborate the [Steele] Dossier until after it had been used in the [FISA] application and a renewal. No effort.”

“It’s not that they failed. They made no effort,” he repeated.

Gowdy’s appearance came just hours after it was announced that Attorney General William Barr had assigned U.S. Attorney John Durham of Connecticut to examine where the Russia investigation originated.

“This is the fourth person that has been charged with investigating the origins of the Russia probe,” Gowdy told Hannity. “So, I am more interested in how quickly they do it and how effectively they do it.”

“If this is the right person to do it, more power to them. There is an easy roadmap to follow,” Gowdy said.

The former representative went on to say that there are two primary questions he wants definitively answered by the initial examination: Why the FBI initially began associating the Trump Campaign with Russian interference, and how the Bureau assessed the Steele Dossier.

“I want to know the origins of when the FBI started to intermingle the Trump Campaign with the Russia probe,” Gowdy said, speaking about Peter Strzok — the FBI’s top agent on the case — and private texts revealing Strozk’s hopes that the case would kill Donald Trump’s chances of being elected.

“You just quoted [Sen.] Lindsey Graham as saying ‘They want to stop Trump.’ All [Graham] was doing was quoting Peter Strzok,” Gowdy said. “That’s what Peter Strzok said in a text. ‘No, we’ll stop it.'”

Gowdy said the American people should also be given access to the FBI’s initial assessment on Christopher Steele’s credibility — a document Graham has pushed to declassify in recent days.

The former representative made clear that he believes this document would clearly show that the FBI was using unverified information to spy on and delegitimize the Trump Campaign and the White House.

“I want to know, how did the FBI assess Christopher Steele?” Gowdy said. “They have their own internal documents. Part of what [Graham] wants to make public are the internal FBI documents where they did their own assessment.”

“I think you will be surprised at whether or not they viewed Steele as being credible,” he concluded.

https://www.westernjournal.com/watch-gowdy-hammers-fbi-handling-hillarys-investigation/

Gunny
05-16-2019, 09:25 PM
I saw another interview with him on Fox yesterday. Too bad he isn't appointed Special Counsel. You want to see some Democrats having strokes :laugh:

Elessar
05-16-2019, 11:15 PM
I saw another interview with him on Fox yesterday. Too bad he isn't appointed Special Counsel. You want to see some Democrats having strokes :laugh:

Gowdy has always been 'on target and tracking'.

I see our liberal whiner is lurking and not participating...Pete.

Gunny
05-17-2019, 07:51 AM
Gowdy has always been 'on target and tracking'.

I see our liberal whiner is lurking and not participating...Pete.Straight up, using what we know as of today, all the way around, if Gowdy ran for President he's got my vote. There's nobody else at this point in politics on either side I would place above him. I've liked him since he was the DA of Spartanburg County. Again. given what we know now.

And since he is a politician and I actually like him, it is probably a given he's got an affair or something else disqualifying on the right but barely a blip on the radar on the left left to be "discovered".

STTAB
05-17-2019, 07:55 AM
Straight up, using what we know as of today, all the way around, if Gowdy ran for President he's got my vote. There's nobody else at this point in politics on either side I would place above him. I've liked him since he was the DA of Spartanburg County. Again. given what we know now.

And since he is a politician and I actually like him, it is probably a given he's got an affair or something else disqualifying on the right but barely a blip on the radar on the left left to be "discovered".

Except for the fact that he ran from the fight when our country needed him most. We couldn't afford to lose him in the House when he left. I hate that he did that.

Gunny
05-17-2019, 08:18 AM
Except for the fact that he ran from the fight when our country needed him most. We couldn't afford to lose him in the House when he left. I hate that he did that.I kind of thought that and was a a bit disappointed at first with his decision to not seek reelection. Then I re-thought it over. What would he be NOW had he been reelected to the House? A minority leader squelched by the Dems.

While conjecture, losing the House was a given the way things lined up. The morons that just quit because they didn't like Trump are the ones that gripe my ass in that regard. They are the ones that cost the right the House.

I think he can do more damage where he's at. Anybody seen or heard any press conferences from the House Minority leader? We never do when it's a Republican. He was on Fox 2 nights in a row.

It's all just guesswork anyway. I retired from the Marines when I was burnt out and we were at war a year later and I'd have given most anything to get back on active duty then. Sometimes this damned crystal ball is uncooperative as Hell :)

STTAB
05-17-2019, 08:38 AM
I kind of thought that and was a a bit disappointed at first with his decision to not seek reelection. Then I re-thought it over. What would he be NOW had he been reelected to the House? A minority leader squelched by the Dems.

While conjecture, losing the House was a given the way things lined up. The morons that just quit because they didn't like Trump are the ones that gripe my ass in that regard. They are the ones that cost the right the House.

I think he can do more damage where he's at. Anybody seen or heard any press conferences from the House Minority leader? We never do when it's a Republican. He was on Fox 2 nights in a row.

It's all just guesswork anyway. I retired from the Marines when I was burnt out and we were at war a year later and I'd have given most anything to get back on active duty then. Sometimes this damned crystal ball is uncooperative as Hell :)

I don't disagree about losing the House, and Trey Gowdey not seeking reelection didn't have any effect on that, but still.

And I personally would have liked to have seen Trey as AG, although I'm happy with Barr .

Gunny
05-17-2019, 08:51 AM
I don't disagree about losing the House, and Trey Gowdey not seeking reelection didn't have any effect on that, but still.

And I personally would have liked to have seen Trey as AG, although I'm happy with Barr .I threw that one out when he announced he wasn't seeking reelection that seeing him as AG would be awesome. That too was just wishful conjecture on my part. I'm fine with Barr so far.

Jeff Sessions drove me nuts. Every press conference he held came from some Sheriff's Assn Dinner anywhere but Washington DC while the very office he was in charge of has the President under siege. I wasn't okay with that.

STTAB
05-17-2019, 09:42 AM
I threw that one out when he announced he wasn't seeking reelection that seeing him as AG would be awesome. That too was just wishful conjecture on my part. I'm fine with Barr so far.

Jeff Sessions drove me nuts. Every press conference he held came from some Sheriff's Assn Dinner anywhere but Washington DC while the very office he was in charge of has the President under siege. I wasn't okay with that.

It seemed like all Sessions gave a shit about was going after those who smoked the devil's lettuce. When the damn Justice Department has and had much bigger fish to fry. The Dems totally owned his ass when they got him to recuse himself from anything Russia.