PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand abortions...

jimnyc
05-16-2019, 03:24 PM
Well, I understand them, but only for certain reasons. What I don't understand, are those that use it as birth control, which is far too many of them. Why can't women and their partners do the things I always suggest? Why is it so so hard when it's also a human's life on the line?

Personal responsibility, why so little? Whether you're 13 years old or 65, why is it so hard to plan appropriately? There are so many ways to avoid an unwanted pregnancy, but then endless amounts end up in an abortion clinic for an unwanted pregnancy. :rolleyes:

The overall question is simple, why can't folks use their personal responsibility and lower the abortion numbers? Is it just that folks have overall poor responsibility, regardless of age, or just when it comes to a pregnancy?

The first one that comes to mind and perhaps the cheapest - a condom. Why can't folks use a condom and what, 90+% of pregnancies are avoided right there? Oh, you say it doesn't feel as good? So you would rather take an unborn life for a little while of pleasure?

Same goes with a woman taking the pill. It IS HER BODY after all, right? Rather than snuffing a life out, why not plan a visit with a doctor and get the pill? I know not all women qualify, but a LOT do. Why so hard?

Abstinence? Yeah, I know, laughable in today's society. But it works pretty well. And it's probably something that parents should teach their children, even if it doesn't work. And of course, teach them and embed in them personal responsibility.

Patch, sponge, ring? Pills, shot, implant? And more likely. Many options if someone is willing to take the time and responsibility with their own lives. But then complain down the road that "It's my body" and choose an abortion?

Vasectomy? Why not? If married or about to, and do not want a child, and know it will end up with an "unwanted pregnancy" and an abortion clinic - then why not?

There are an endless amount of options and ways to avoid an unwanted pregnancy. They all involve a little bit of responsibility though. Is that really too much to ask? I mean, if you don't, you're going to end up at a doctor anyway it sounds.

Elessar
05-16-2019, 03:31 PM
Except in cases of rape or incest, abortions to me are murder - period.

Gunny
05-16-2019, 03:31 PM
Well, I understand them, but only for certain reasons. What I don't understand, are those that use it as birth control, which is far too many of them. Why can't women and their partners do the things I always suggest? Why is it so so hard when it's also a human's life on the line?

Personal responsibility, why so little? Whether you're 13 years old or 65, why is it so hard to plan appropriately? There are so many ways to avoid an unwanted pregnancy, but then endless amounts end up in an abortion clinic for an unwanted pregnancy. :rolleyes:

The overall question is simple, why can't folks use their personal responsibility and lower the abortion numbers? Is it just that folks have overall poor responsibility, regardless of age, or just when it comes to a pregnancy?

The first one that comes to mind and perhaps the cheapest - a condom. Why can't folks use a condom and what, 90+% of pregnancies are avoided right there? Oh, you say it doesn't feel as good? So you would rather take an unborn life for a little while of pleasure?

Same goes with a woman taking the pill. It IS HER BODY after all, right? Rather than snuffing a life out, why not plan a visit with a doctor and get the pill? I know not all women qualify, but a LOT do. Why so hard?

Abstinence? Yeah, I know, laughable in today's society. But it works pretty well. And it's probably something that parents should teach their children, even if it doesn't work. And of course, teach them and embed in them personal responsibility.

Patch, sponge, ring? Pills, shot, implant? And more likely. Many options if someone is willing to take the time and responsibility with their own lives. But then complain down the road that "It's my body" and choose an abortion?

Vasectomy? Why not? If married or about to, and do not want a child, and know it will end up with an "unwanted pregnancy" and an abortion clinic - then why not?

There are an endless amount of options and ways to avoid an unwanted pregnancy. They all involve a little bit of responsibility though. Is that really too much to ask? I mean, if you don't, you're going to end up at a doctor anyway it sounds.You have the answer. And the solution. Now get everyone to listen to them.

Noir
05-16-2019, 04:01 PM
No prevention method that involves sex is 100% effective.

Are there statistics available for how many abortions are carried out when no method of birth control has been used, as you imply that is high.

jimnyc
05-16-2019, 04:23 PM

Are there statistics available for how many abortions are carried out when no method of birth control has been used, as you imply that is high.

No one said they were. But I'm willing to be a nickel or 2, that if they were ALL used, in one way or another, as to what is best suited for everyone in the situation - that a LOT of unborn babies lives would have been saved.

Noir
05-16-2019, 04:49 PM
No one said they were. But I'm willing to be a nickel or 2, that if they were ALL used, in one way or another, as to what is best suited for everyone in the situation - that a LOT of unborn babies lives would have been saved.

I’d say the most common pairing is condom and the pill, the chances of each failing together are low...but when you multiply that by millions the lowness still accounts for a significant figure.

As a mentioned in my last post - without numbers to support that abortions are being intentionally used in place of other forms of contraception then any further conjecture has little real world application.

Elessar
05-16-2019, 05:04 PM
I’d say the most common pairing is condom and the pill, the chances of each failing together are low...but when you multiply that by millions the lowness still accounts for a significant figure.

As a mentioned in my last post - without numbers to support that abortions are being intentionally used in place of other forms of contraception then any further conjecture has little real world application.

That is conjecture on your part. Other stats will prove you wrong. You are making excuses again and cannot back them with Fact.

Abbey Marie
05-16-2019, 05:07 PM

I don’t have any reported numbers, but I will say this, based on what I recall:
The failure rate with the pill is around 1%
Others like IUD, maybe sponges, condoms, are around 3%
Plus or minus a tad

With such low numbers, but so many abortions, it seems logical to conclude that most abortions are not the result of failed contraception. Add into the mix how hard it can be to stop, and voila.

Gunny
05-16-2019, 07:53 PM

Are there statistics available for how many abortions are carried out when no method of birth control has been used, as you imply that is high.And along comes Noir with another exception as argument. What a surprise.

No one said they were. But I'm willing to be a nickel or 2, that if they were ALL used, in one way or another, as to what is best suited for everyone in the situation - that a LOT of unborn babies lives would have been saved.Agreed. Everybody's rubber doesn't break as Noir's fantasy would suggest.

icansayit
05-16-2019, 08:58 PM
It seems to me, after many years of reading, and observing what Democrats (primarily) admire about ROE V. WADE, is...like the Old KKK controlled DNC, and Democrat party. Democrats from the South (the real racists), used ROE V. WADE as a secret method to Prevent, and Inhibit the growth of the Black members of society.

Think about it. Democrats seem to condone ABORTIONS, as well as BLACK, ON BLACK Murders that pit Blacks against Blacks, and the majority of the Abortions taking place....seem to have HIGHER numbers in the Black neighborhoods....ALL OF WHOM....Democrats silently seem to support, and refuse to correct.

My thoughts are. If DEMS can't get Blacks to vote for them. WHY NOT just allow them to Kill each other, or MURDER their babies before they become old enough to understand DEMOCRATS only want them for ONE thing....VOTES.

Just My Opinion. Dumb as some will insist it sounds. Want to learn for yourself. Study the LBJ days.

Noir
05-17-2019, 04:19 AM
I don’t have any reported numbers, but I will say this, based on what I recall:
The failure rate with the pill is around 1%
Others like IUD, maybe sponges, condoms, are around 3%
Plus or minus a tad

With such low numbers, but so many abortions, it seems logical to conclude that most abortions are not the result of failed contraception. Add into the mix how hard it can be to stop, and voila.

A number like 1% is low, until it is applied to a significant group.

If 100,000 people in your town are having protected sex with only a 1% chance of fertilisation - that’s means a potential of 100 unwanted pregnancies. Obvs it’s best to combine protection methods and good sex education to minimise these events - but again when multiplied over a country of hundreds of millions (and not even accounting for events like rape etc) the number will still be significant.

That is conjecture on your part. Other stats will prove you wrong. You are making excuses again and cannot back them with Fact.

I literally asked for stats in my post. If you have them and they prove me wrong please post them.

Abbey Marie
05-17-2019, 06:30 AM

If 100,000 people in your town are having protected sex with only a 1% chance of fertilisation - that’s means a potential of 100 unwanted pregnancies. Obvs it’s best to combine protection methods and good sex education to minimise these events - but again when multiplied over a country of hundreds of millions (and not even accounting for events like rape etc) the number will still be significant.

I think a lot of pro-life folks would be pretty grateful if abortions were limited to true contraception failures, rapes and incest, and life of the mother. Regardless of the truth of your point, I believe the numbers of abortions would drop tremendously.

Gunny
05-17-2019, 07:45 AM

I literally asked for stats in my post. If you have them and they prove me wrong please post them.That is bullshit and you know it. No one is required to prove the obvious. Now you want to play semantics with numbers. Now you think you're the MSM, huh?

The World doesn't slant your way, Noir. The OBVIOUS fact minus Noir subterfuge/obfuscation is a lack of personal responsibility on the user end. It's that obvious and that simple and no amount of smoke is going to change it.

SassyLady
05-17-2019, 04:45 PM
I personally believe the number of abortions will decrease when everyone is convinced that life starts at conception. It's too easy to opt for abortion when told the fetus is not alive. Education of reality is best birth control.

Noir
05-17-2019, 04:55 PM
I personally believe the number of abortions will decrease when everyone is convinced that life starts at conception. It's too easy to opt for abortion when told the fetus is not alive. Education of reality is best birth control.

The number of abortions (legal or illegal) will only truly decrease when we move past the need for reproduction by sex, in the coming decades.

icansayit
05-17-2019, 06:57 PM
The number of abortions (legal or illegal) will only truly decrease when we move past the need for reproduction by sex, in the coming decades.

Just think of it. There will be no abortions since the LGBTQ crowd would prefer to all be "GELDINGS".

Imagine the Village People with HIGHER PITCHED VOICES...as the SOUND of GELDING SEX! https://i0.wp.com/s106748291.websitehome.co.uk/IMG_3959.JPG?w=600https://i.ytimg.com/vi/iOsQzbgCfHE/maxresdefault.jpg

SassyLady
05-18-2019, 11:36 AM

Huh?

Noir
05-19-2019, 09:03 AM
You have no life experience.

i normally ignore these kinds of points in posts but on this occasion out of interest - at what relevant age does the whole ‘you have no life experience’ tripe stop being something I can expect to see from a user like yourself?

Huh?

Building on your post as to what will ‘greatly reduce’ abortions, I think science will get their long before there is any universal acceptance on ‘life at conception’ etc.