PDA

View Full Version : Before-and-after Yard.

darin
09-02-2007, 01:19 PM
The side/back yard a few months after we moved into this place:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=547&stc=1&d=1188756880

Me watching mary finish off one of the fence-post holes:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=548&stc=1&d=1188756916

Taken last night:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=549&stc=1&d=1188756959

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=550&stc=1&d=1188756994

While we do not have 'privacy' - you can see the cookie-cutter houses around us (not cookie-cutter per se, as there are about 5-6 different models) - but I believe my wife's done a great job at building for us a bit of a 'sanctuary' - as much as possible in a neighborhood like this.

MtnBiker
09-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Nice, I like the fire place.

Kathianne
09-02-2007, 01:41 PM
The fireplace is nice, I love the fencing with the night lights on it.

Yurt
09-02-2007, 02:49 PM
I like the second pic. You have your feet up and she is down and dirty working hard, LOOOL.

Beers at Darin's....:beer:

manu1959
09-02-2007, 02:55 PM
tell mary she did a nice job.....

jackass
09-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Agreed. Very nice. Any chance I can borrow Mary for a month or so?? :laugh2:

Kathianne
09-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Agreed. Very nice. Any chance I can borrow Mary for a month or so?? :laugh2:

I'd like to borrow Mary for a month or two! Darin, well he can take pics!

darin
09-03-2007, 12:16 AM
That's hot.

:)

She's not bad, either, on a home-made ping-pong table. :)

pikcs later. :) Mayb tomorrorwo

truthmatters
09-03-2007, 09:00 AM
She is a beautiful young woman who seems very talented.
I bet with a smile on her face she is even more beautiful?

darin
09-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Thanks - she's beautiful inside; where it counts. :)

truthmatters
09-03-2007, 10:40 AM
I can sense it in her eyes that she is beautiful on the inside.

darin
09-03-2007, 11:03 AM
From that little picture? That's odd. She's also a wretched sinful human; apart from God's grace she is vile and nasty. Everybody is. Thing is - she has enough sense to seek God's help in restoring a modicum of love and service to her mind/heart. She still has her warts - everybody does.

She is a faitful wife, good mother to our kids, and a hard-worker. And you can 'sense in her eyes' she's somehow good inside? Are you just blowing smoke up my ass here?

Fwiw: re: yard:

She built that play-house, too...designed it using Excel, sourced the parts/wood/hardi-plank, and she built the thing. :)

truthmatters
09-03-2007, 11:15 AM
I actually was not , there is a kindness in her eyes.

I have found throughout life I have been able to see it in people and have rarely been wrong.

She has a soft gentle thoughtfull look in her eyes and I have never seen anyone be able to fake it.

darin
09-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Well, She's absolutely the least soft-and-gentle woman I've ever met. She's more 'steterotypical man-like' in her softness and gentleness...so - you may wanna get re-calibrated. :)

truthmatters
09-03-2007, 02:07 PM
I think you misunderstand what it is Im seeing in her eyes.

What I mean by a soft gentle thoughfulness is that there is much more going on in this person than even you are aware of.

I sugest you treat her well and NEVER take her for granted.

darin
09-03-2007, 02:08 PM
I think you misunderstand what it is Im seeing in her eyes.

I mean by a soft gentle thoughfulness is that there is much more going on in this person than even you are aware of.

Keep changing what you say you 'meant' until you're right. lol :)

truthmatters
09-03-2007, 02:12 PM
I will never know will I.

You may some day find out.

Abbey Marie
09-03-2007, 02:23 PM
I think you misunderstand what it is
Im seeing in her eyes.

What I mean by a soft gentle thoughfulness is that there is much
more going on in this person than even you are aware of.

Kind of presumptuous to tell a stranger how to treat his wife, doncha think?

darin
09-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Psychic:
"That person is (a certain way) to a degree you may never know!"

Me:
"yeah - good answer. I mean...and you may be a butterfly having a dream you're a human. wtf?"

Psychic:
"You have somebody in your life...What does the letter 'J' mean to you? Who is "J"?"

Me:
"Why don't YOU tell me, Fakey McFakester?"

Psychic:
"Treat your wife well, and take care of her!"

Me:
"Or what?"

Psychic:
"If you treat her like crap, she'll leave!"

Me:
"You think you're special w/ that advice? lol"

truthmatters
09-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Kind of presumptuous to tell a stranger how to treat his wife, doncha think?

Not if you are telling him to treat her well and besides he has brought the subject up repetedly so I feel a comment was asked for.

I have not been disrespectful to him or her in any way have I.

Abbey Marie
09-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Not if you are telling him to treat her well and besides he has brought the subject up repetedly so I feel a comment was asked for.

Whether or not is it is disrespectful is dmp's call to make, not mine. And whether it is or not, it is incredibly presumptuous to suggest how he should treat his wife. These are two people you've never met, and your opinion has not been requested as far as I know. Whether he brought her up or not is irrelevant to the point.

Perhaps you think you have cornered the market on all truth now, not just political...

truthmatters
09-04-2007, 09:39 AM
The sky is blue.

Im sure now you will find something wrong with me saying that too?

I really fail to see the controversy in a woman telling a man that his wife is beautiful on the outside ,seems it on the inside too and that he should never take her for granted.

I guess there must be some other motivation to your anger towards me, could you tell me what it is or do you not know yourself ?

darin
09-04-2007, 10:01 AM

It's not disrespectful; it's presumptuous. What subject did I bring up? I can't recall a subject regarding "how dmp treats his wife". Thing is, I don't respect you. You've consistently proven yourself to be a person, at least on line, who is unreasonable, irrational, and you avoid truth - despite your user name - when the truth doesn't match your preconceptions. We aren't friends - not even E-friends. Thus, 'reminding' me how to treat my wife is out of line. Thanks, but...whatever. :)

glockmail
09-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Me watching mary finish off one of the fence-post holes:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=548&stc=1&d=1188756916

..... You're a lucky man, dmp.
http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/yay2.gif

Hagbard Celine
09-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Haha, are those your feet I see propped-up in the second picture while your wife is down on hands and knees working in the sun dmp? Your yard looks great. I really like that little fire-pit you've got there.

darin
09-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Haha, are those your feet I see propped-up in the second picture while your wife is down on hands and knees working in the sun dmp? Your yard looks great. I really like that little fire-pit you've got there.

ABSOLUTELY! If I'd had any beer, I would have been holding a brew for that shot.

Was staged - because it's funny. :D

I'm VERY proud of her; what you see is 90% HER effort (with me being the $ source, of course). We don't typically like the cookie-cutter neighborhoods; but now that the back yaaaaaaaaaaaaaard (sorry, slipped into pirate speak) is nearly done, we don't mind staying in this house...for a few more years, anyway. :) FWIW, we got the fire pit at Costco. :)

BTW - See that playhouse in the back? Yeah...she made that too. Designed it herself...sourced the parts...planted the supports...cut the hardi-plank...she and her dad finished it a couple years ago.

You're a lucky man, dmp.

Naw...not lucky. I chose wisely. :)

glockmail
09-04-2007, 10:33 AM
.....Naw...not lucky. I chose wisely. :) Some day you'll realize that women make all the choices.

Nukeman
09-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Some day you'll realize that women make all the choices.TRUE..... SO VERY TRUE.........:cheers2:

darin
09-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Some day you'll realize that women make all the choices.

Not even close. Maybe you've given up your God-Ordained rights to be a Man. That's our choice. :)

As for me? I not just 'a guy she married' - I'm her husband. I husband-her. :)

truthmatters
09-04-2007, 10:46 AM
It's not disrespectful; it's presumptuous. What subject did I bring up? I can't recall a subject regarding "how dmp treats his wife". Thing is, I don't respect you. You've consistently proven yourself to be a person, at least on line, who is unreasonable, irrational, and you avoid truth - despite your user name - when the truth doesn't match your preconceptions. We aren't friends - not even E-friends. Thus, 'reminding' me how to treat my wife is out of line. Thanks, but...whatever. :)

I fully realise you will never see me as a friend.

I will still be respectful no matter how disrespectful you are to me.

I have enver lied on here, I dont like lies.

I do however like truth and proof.

Perhaps it is your unbending stance on the issues that give you your impression of me?

darin
09-04-2007, 10:47 AM
I fully realise you will never see me as a friend.

I will still be respectful no matter how disrespectful you are to me.

I have enver lied on here, I dont like lies.

I do however like truth and proof.

Perhaps it is your unbending stance on the issues that give you your impression of me?

Please go away. Take your crap to another thread.

truthmatters
09-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Not even close. Maybe you've given up your God-Ordained rights to be a Man. That's our choice. :)

As for me? I not just 'a guy she married' - I'm her husband. I husband-her. :)

Perhaps this explains the expression on this beautiful womans face in the pictures?

darin
09-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Perhaps this explains the expression on this beautiful womans face in the pictures?

You know what?

Kathianne
09-04-2007, 07:32 PM
ABSOLUTELY! If I'd had any beer, I would have been holding a brew for that shot.

Was staged - because it's funny. :D

I'm VERY proud of her; what you see is 90% HER effort (with me being the $ source, of course). We don't typically like the cookie-cutter neighborhoods; but now that the back yaaaaaaaaaaaaaard (sorry, slipped into pirate speak) is nearly done, we don't mind staying in this house...for a few more years, anyway. :) FWIW, we got the fire pit at Costco. :)

BTW - See that playhouse in the back? Yeah...she made that too. Designed it herself...sourced the parts...planted the supports...cut the hardi-plank...she and her dad finished it a couple years ago.

Naw...not lucky. I chose wisely. :)
I revise my request to borrow Mary and your photos. I'll supply beer for your photos, you can help with the $$. j/k, couldn't resist. I think you guys have a great family and house going, once you get the bicycle lessons for the young one, to save the cars. (BTW, do that BEFORE you come here). ;)