PDA

View Full Version : "The official end of Iran?"

jimnyc
05-20-2019, 08:39 AM
"The official end of Iran?" I love Trump to death, but he does need that editor!!! :)

---

(CNSNews.com) – Turning up the heat on the regime in Tehran again, President Trump tweeted Sunday, “If Iran wants to fight, that will be the official end of Iran.”

“Never threaten the United States again!” he added.

Trump did not elaborate, but the tweet came after it was reported that a rocket had been fired into the heavily-secured “Green Zone” in Baghdad, home to government departments, parliament, and diplomatic missions.

The Iraqi military said the projectile, believed to be a Katyusha, landed less than a mile from the U.S. Embassy – where all “non-emergency” U.S. government employees were last week ordered to leave amid increased security concerns.

The last time a rocket landed near a U.S. facility in Iraq – last September, when the U.S. Consulate in the southern city of Basra was the apparent target – the administration closed the mission after the White House accused Iran’s “proxies in Iraq” of responsibility.

Sunday’s rocket strike was reported to have originated in a neighborhood of eastern Baghdad that is home to Iranian-backed Shi’ite militias, the Associated Press quoted an Iraqi security official as saying.

A State Department spokesperson confirmed in an email that a “low-grade rocket” had landed near the U.S. Embassy and Joint Operations Command in the Iraq capital.

“There were no casualties or significant damage; no U.S.-inhabited facility was impacted. We are in close and continuing contact with senior Iraqi officials regarding this incident and investigating the circumstances,” the spokesperson said. “At present there are no claims of responsibility‎.”

Trump’s tweet marked a contrast to his recent comments indicating a willingness to enter into talks with the regime and expressing optim

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Saturday night became the latest to dismiss negotiations with the U.S., saying the regime would “never surrender to the enemy’s bullying.” (Earlier supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who wields true power in Tehran, ruled out talks, while also playing down the possibility of war.)

Rest - https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/trump-tehran-regime-if-iran-wants-fight-will-be-official-end-iran

STTAB
05-21-2019, 11:19 AM
"The official end of Iran?" I love Trump to death, but he does need that editor!!! :)

---

(CNSNews.com) – Turning up the heat on the regime in Tehran again, President Trump tweeted Sunday, “If Iran wants to fight, that will be the official end of Iran.”

Trump did not elaborate, but the tweet came after it was reported that a rocket had been fired into the heavily-secured “Green Zone” in Baghdad, home to government departments, parliament, and diplomatic missions.

The Iraqi military said the projectile, believed to be a Katyusha, landed less than a mile from the U.S. Embassy – where all “non-emergency” U.S. government employees were last week ordered to leave amid increased security concerns.

The last time a rocket landed near a U.S. facility in Iraq – last September, when the U.S. Consulate in the southern city of Basra was the apparent target – the administration closed the mission after the White House accused Iran’s “proxies in Iraq” of responsibility.

Sunday’s rocket strike was reported to have originated in a neighborhood of eastern Baghdad that is home to Iranian-backed Shi’ite militias, the Associated Press quoted an Iraqi security official as saying.

A State Department spokesperson confirmed in an email that a “low-grade rocket” had landed near the U.S. Embassy and Joint Operations Command in the Iraq capital.

“There were no casualties or significant damage; no U.S.-inhabited facility was impacted. We are in close and continuing contact with senior Iraqi officials regarding this incident and investigating the circumstances,” the spokesperson said. “At present there are no claims of responsibility‎.”

Trump’s tweet marked a contrast to his recent comments indicating a willingness to enter into talks with the regime and expressing optim

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Saturday night became the latest to dismiss negotiations with the U.S., saying the regime would “never surrender to the enemy’s bullying.” (Earlier supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who wields true power in Tehran, ruled out talks, while also playing down the possibility of war.)

Rest - https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/trump-tehran-regime-if-iran-wants-fight-will-be-official-end-iran

Trump definitely doesn't ascribe to "walk softly, but carry a big stick" LOL

Drummond
05-21-2019, 01:10 PM

---

Trump's obviously lost all patience with Iran, and, with very good reason.

I think he's taking exactly the right approach. Iran's leadership is driven by an arrogance that badly needs to be reversed .. indeed, that's long overdue.

Abbey Marie
05-21-2019, 03:08 PM
He certainly has the whole world’s attention. I don’t want war, but I like that we are finally not seen as weak.

STTAB
05-21-2019, 03:19 PM
He certainly has the whole world’s attention. I don’t want war, but I like that we are finally not seen as weak.

The people crying about "Trump gonna get us in a war" are just outright stupid. These countries act the way they do because we LET them, none of them want anything to do with a war with us.

They are like children who push as far as their parents let them push, but if daddy cracks a belt and starts talking about whipping asses, they calm the fuck down real fast.

Elessar
05-21-2019, 04:30 PM
Trump's obviously lost all patience with Iran, and, with very good reason.

I think he's taking exactly the right approach. Iran's leadership is driven by an arrogance that badly needs to be reversed .. indeed, that's long overdue.

The people crying about "Trump gonna get us in a war" are just outright stupid. These countries act the way they do because we LET them, none of them want anything to do with a war with us.

They are like children who push as far as their parents let them push, but if daddy cracks a belt and starts talking about whipping asses, they calm the fuck down real fast.

My Dad was over in the Med with the Air Force in the mid 60's.

He said those ragheads were not to be trusted. Too driven like goats or sheep and mindless at
the whims of their leaders.