PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR does not suck.....

manu1959
09-02-2007, 06:55 PM
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2699339800100135565TaQUaG

Sock Puppet
09-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Nascar is boring. Football and boxing are much more exciting to me.

badger
09-02-2007, 07:48 PM
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2699339800100135565TaQUaGNASCAR certainly is a spectacle. But in 1987 the poll speed at Daytona was more than 210 mph. The poll speed in 2007, 20 years later, was about 186 mph. No one wants to see anyone get hurt. But where is the innovation? Where is the speed? The technical development of the cars has actually gone backwards.

Mr. P
09-02-2007, 08:27 PM
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2699339800100135565TaQUaG

Ahhhh that checkered flag..like a green light to GOooooooooooooo!

*Nascar is stupid*

Ya know how to confuse a Nascar fan?

Turn right!

:laugh2:

jackass
09-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Lets face it. People watch Nascar JUST to see the crashes. A race without a crash may have well just not been run at all.

PostmodernProphet
09-03-2007, 04:54 AM
hate to be the one to break it to you Manu, but judging by the Honda banner in the picture, those aren't NASCAR girls.......

Said1
09-03-2007, 09:06 AM
I like NASCAR. I don't watch it for the crashes, I actually enjoy the races. I like watching Formula One races as well. :fu:

darin
09-03-2007, 10:36 AM
GO FAST - and TURN LEFT!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... :)

82Marine89
09-03-2007, 11:02 AM
NASCAR certainly is a spectacle. But in 1987 the poll speed at Daytona was more than 210 mph. The poll speed in 2007, 20 years later, was about 186 mph. No one wants to see anyone get hurt. But where is the innovation? Where is the speed? The technical development of the cars has actually gone backwards.

The speed was reduced due to the use of a restrictor plate. NASCAR engineers were so innovative that the speed kept increasing and the risk of serious injury became greater. These plates are only used on the super speedways. With regards to technical development, take a look at the cars driven by Richard Petty, Bill Elliot, Benny Parsons, Dale Earnhardt, Darrel Waltrip, and Alan Kulwicki and compare them to the cars driven by Dale Earnhardt Jr, Michael Waltrip, Kasey Kahne, and Jeff Gordon. Todays cars are safer and far more technically superior to the cars of yesteryear.

badger
09-03-2007, 12:27 PM
The speed was reduced due to the use of a restrictor plate. NASCAR engineers were so innovative that the speed kept increasing and the risk of serious injury became greater. These plates are only used on the super speedways. With regards to technical development, take a look at the cars driven by Richard Petty, Bill Elliot, Benny Parsons, Dale Earnhardt, Darrel Waltrip, and Alan Kulwicki and compare them to the cars driven by Dale Earnhardt Jr, Michael Waltrip, Kasey Kahne, and Jeff Gordon. Todays cars are safer and far more technically superior to the cars of yesteryear.And 10 to 15 percent slower.

manu1959
09-03-2007, 01:52 PM
hate to be the one to break it to you Manu, but judging by the Honda banner in the picture, those aren't NASCAR girls.......

i was wondering who would notice that...

SassyLady
09-03-2007, 03:35 PM
My husband was in the suites just above the pit box/crew for the National Guard car on Saturday and Sunday at the Fontana race. He was also on tv for about 15 seconds in the post race activities on Sunday when JJ went by on the way to the winner's circle.

I think I'll go next year even though he said it was better to be sitting at home watching everything on tv. Said even though they had a tv in the suite there are so many people milling around that you can't really hear what the commentators are saying. Also, that the heat was horrendous yesterday and anyone not inside had to be miserable.

Anyone have an idea which way the driver's will be going after this season is over (organizations.......not direction for the smart alecks in the crowd)?

nevadamedic
09-03-2007, 03:40 PM
I don't see how you guys can watch this for hours on end. You have the same cars going around the same track for hours, talk about boring.

PostmodernProphet
09-03-2007, 03:46 PM
i was wondering who would notice that...

I'm quick.....I noticed it the twelfth time I clicked on the link to the picture.....

SassyLady
09-03-2007, 03:48 PM
I don't see how you guys can watch this for hours on end. You have the same cars going around the same track for hours, talk about boring.

It's all about the politics behind the scenes. I know some of the drivers, owners and sponsors so it's a little more interesting to watch.

jimnyc
09-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Jimmie Johnson wins at Fontana and secures a spot in the chase!

Ooops, seems most of you don't like Nascar too much! LOL I got a little hooked while I briefly stayed in Georgia. Wasn't a whole lot to do there but watch Nascar and eat BBQ!

Abbey Marie
09-03-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm happy for him that he won, but frankly, what I am really thinking is how fantastic JJ looks.

actsnoblemartin
09-03-2007, 07:35 PM
nascar is cool.

Ooops, seems most of you don't like Nascar too much! LOL I got a little hooked while I briefly stayed in Georgia. Wasn't a whole lot to do there but watch Nascar and eat BBQ!

Mr. P
09-03-2007, 08:22 PM

You didn't get out much, huh? :slap:

jimnyc
09-03-2007, 08:26 PM
You didn't get out much, huh? :slap:

Truth be told, no I didn't! My brother lived in the sticks - literally! I had to drive myself 10 miles each morning to get my coffee, and even that was shitty coffee from a gas station! You know Royston, no? It was the outskirts of there in the woods!

I did get to mess with a lot of cows though! Even watched one get it's marbles chopped off! LOL

Mr. P
09-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Truth be told, no I didn't! My brother lived in the sticks - literally! I had to drive myself 10 miles each morning to get my coffee, and even that was shitty coffee from a gas station! You know Royston, no? It was the outskirts of there in the woods!

I did get to mess with a lot of cows though! Even watched one get it's marbles chopped off! LOL

Yes I know Royston.. :cheers2:

http://www.tycobbmuseum.org/